You don't need to be strong in front of us.

Keeping the Dream alive.

The first thing I noticed while regaining conscience again, was the unbearable pain coming from my head. I couldn't move any limbs without wincing. I took a deep breath and tried to remember what happened.

I was beaten up by the crazy girls, leader girl threw a punch at me and I passed out. But where was I now?

When I slowly opened my eyes, I only saw white lights. It took me a while to get used to it. The first thing I saw was the white ceiling with the white lamps. I slowly turned my head but I had to wince once again because of the pain.

Hey, be careful, dear.”

Where am I?”, I whispered.

In a hospital.”

What...what happened?”

Someone gently my face. “The doctor will come soon to talk with you.”

Who are you?”

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Nurse Eunhee. Does anything hurt right now, dear?”

My head hurts...”

Yeah, the injury was pretty bad. Fortunately they brought you to the hospital in time. I'll give you some painkillers after the talk with the doctor.”

The nurse left the room and several minutes later the doctor came in.

How are you, Vinni?”, he asked.

I've been better. My head hurts and I can't move because it hurts too much.”

It was a close call. You had a serious injury on the back of your head but fortunately you made it in time to the hospital. We will keep you here for several days to observe you. The nurse will give you painkillers for the pain.”

Thank you.”

You will recover soon. Good night.”, he said and left.

When the nurse came back to give me painkillers, I immediately fell asleep.

 

The next time I woke up, the nurse was standing next to me, changing my bandages.

Good morning, dear. You just woke up in time. There are some visitors outside. Shall I let them in?”

It's okay, please let them in.”

Good. I'll just quickly finish changing your bandages.”

When she finished, she went out. Seconds later the manager came in.

How are you?”, he asked.

I'm fine.”

What happened?”

I got into trouble. Nothing important.”

He arched an eye brow at me but didn't asked further. “Do you want to continue working? You have the right to quit.”

No no no, I'll continue working as soon as I'm released from the hospital.”

Good. I hope you'll recover soon.”

Thank you.”

He nodded at me and left the room. Right after that Doojoon and Kikwang came in.

Hey guys.”, I said and smiled.

How do you feel?”, Doojoon asked.

Okay.”, I answered.

You don't look okay.”, Kikwang said.

I don't feel any pain right now because of the painkillers.”

What happened? Do you remember anything?”, Doojoon asked.

I looked away. “I...don't...know...everything's blurry...”

Okay, I lied. I knew exactly what happened but I just couldn't tell them. I didn't want to be a burden to them.

It's okay, just take your time.”, Kikwang said.

I smiled at him. “Thank you. Now tell me what you guys were doing while I wasn't there. I bet the apartment's messy again.”

They both laughed and told me some stories about the days I've missed while being in the hospital. They also said that the other members couldn't visit me because they had to attend personal schedules. After a while they had to leave because of their schedule. I promised them to return as soon as possible.

 

When I woke up again, it was dark. Just when I intended to fall asleep again, I heard a noise. I quickly scanned the room and saw a figure sitting on the chair. I sat up abruptly but had to lie down again because of the pain.

The person sighed. “You don't learn from mistakes, do you?”

I reached out to the switch and the night lamp. When my eyes finally adjusted to the sudden light, I saw Junhyung sitting on the chair.

What a surprise.

I don't need your preach right now.”, I retorted.

He just ignored my comment. “Why didn't you say anything?”

What are you talking about?”

He sighed again and stood up. Then he approached me and sat down on the edge of my bed.

I'm talking about this.” He gently touched the bruises on my arm. “...and this...” His hands moved from my arm to my face, gently touching the bruises on my cheek. “...and this.” His hand was now resting on the bandage on my head. “Tell me what happened.”, he whispered.

I fell.”

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it hard. “Don't lie!”

Ouch, you're hurting me!”

Shocked, he let go of my hand and stood up. “I'm sorry. But you don't have to lie. I know that those girls were assaulting you.”

How did you know?”

That's not important right now. Tell me...why did you hide it?”

I didn't think that it was necessary. The injuries aren't as grave as it looks like.

He arched an eye brow at me.”Not as grave? You're kidding, right?” When I didn't answer, he continued. “Do you remember their faces? We should call the police.”

I sat up abruptly, once again wincing because of the pain.

Seriously, why don't you learn from your mistakes?”, he said and pushed me back down. “Now tell me why you don't want to call the police.”

Don't punish them. They just love you guys...in a twisted kind of way.”

Beating up other people because of us? That's not love.”

Don't hate them.”

They gave you these injuries, yet you're still defending them?”

I didn't know why I was defending them. Maybe I felt pity for them. Who knows.

I have my reasons. Just don't hate them, okay?”

Don't you remember what they did to you?”

I remembered every detail. But he didn't need to know.

Everything's kinda blurry...”

Maybe it's better that you don't remember.”, he mumbled.

What did you say?”, I asked confusedly.

He ignored my question. “Go back to sleep now. You need rest.”

Yeah, you're right...”

Good night.”, he said and left.

I would never understand this guy.

 

The next days they didn't visit me because of their busy schedule. I was just lying in bed, waiting for the time to pass. I couldn't even move to entertain myself. Every time the painkillers wore off, my whole body started aching again. It was really agonizing.

One week later I was finally released from the hospital. I called a cab and drove to the boys' apartment. Before seeing the empty apartment, I knew that the boys wouldn't be a home because of their schedule. I quickly called the manager to tell him that I was released from the hospital. He told me that the boys would return to the apartment around 1am. When I hung up, I quickly checked the fridge. Fortunately it was filled, so that I didn't have to go to the super market. I was still reluctant to go out on my own after the incident with the crazy girls. At 1am I finished cooking. A while later I already heard noises coming from the door.

Huh? Guys, I smell food! Don't tell me...”

Dongwoon couldn't finish his sentence because he was too shocked when he saw me standing in the kitchen.

Hey there.”, I said and smiled.

He ran to the hall. “Boys! Vinni is back!”

They all came rushing into the kitchen.

Vinni! Are you really okay?”

You should rest, Vinni!”

Did your injury heal already?”

I laughed. “Guys, calm down. I'm fine or else I wouldn't have been released from the hospital.”

Are you sure? Does your head hurt?”, Kikwang asked.

Like I said, I'm okay.” I motioned to the dining table. “Aren't you guys hungry? You should eat or the food will get cold.”

They quickly sat down and gobbled the food. I was really happy to see them, I didn't even noticed that I have been missing them so much. I couldn't imagine how it would be if I had to leave in a couple months.

I didn't want to think about it right now. It would be better to enjoy the moment.

 

I started working immediately again. My body didn't ache as much as before. Once in a while I would just feel a bit sore. Sometimes I also had headache but I guessed that it was due to the stress. Nothing to worry about.

A concert came up and everyone was hectic once again. We woke up early and got ready to leave. Even though the concert was in the evening, the boys had to arrive at the place several hours earlier because of the sound check.

There were also many other artists, that was why it took a while before the boys could do their sound check. When they were on stage, I stood near their waiting room, waiting for them to return.

Vinni? Is that you?”

Startled, I turned around. “Minho Oppa?”

He smiled. “I really didn't expect to see you here. Are you a staff member?”

Uhm...partly. Are you performing today?”

Yes. It's good to see you again. Everyone is missing you.”

Yeah, I miss my time at the café, too.”

He grinned. “Then why don't you come back?”

Well, I do miss my time at the café but I kinda enjoy my current job, too.”, I said and laughed.

He chuckled. “Ah, what a pity. What have you been doing lately?”

Just working, nothing more and nothing less.”

That doesn't sound very entertaining.”

I smiled. “Well-”

Vinni, I need a coke.”, someone said behind me.

I sighed.

Minho glared at Junhyung. “She isn't your slave, so stop talking to her like that.”

So? Just ask her, I have every right to do this.”, Junhyung said and smirked.

Minho seemed confused. “Vinni? What does he mean?”

I..I...uhm..can we talk later on? I have to go now.”, I stuttered.

You don't really intend to be his errand girl, do you?”

Let's talk later. Bye.”, I said and rushed off.

Woah, Junhyung, this jerk!

Just because of him, Minho would think that I'm a stupid errand girl.

I had to stop to lean against the wall because my head was hurting again. The world was spinning and I was nauseous. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. After a while I felt a bit better. The headache wasn't as bad as several seconds ago. I pushed myself from the wall and started walking again to get the drinks for the boys. I just hoped that the nausea wouldn't return. When I returned to the waiting, all the boys were already there.

Dongwoon looked up. “Vinni, where were you?”

I was just getting some drinks for you guys.”, I said and smiled.

Oh, thank you!”

I handed them all their drinks. When it was Junhyung's turn, I just stood there, glaring at him.

What's the matter? Wasn't there any coke left?”, he asked and smirked.

Oh, don't worry. There was plenty of your beloved coke.” I gave him another glare before slamming his coke on the table. “Here you are.”

Well, thank you. But why are you so angry? Worried that he would be disappointed after finding out what your current job is?”

That. is. None. Of. Your. Business.”, I hissed and rushed out.

I slammed the door behind me and leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, trying to calm down myself.

This jerk was really getting on my nerves.

You okay?”

I opened my eyes. Minho was standing there with a concerned expression on his face.

No, I'm okay.”, I assured him.

Vinni...what's going on?”

I sighed. “I'm not an errand girl. Not officially. I'm their personal assistant.”

You know that that's just a nice term for errand girl, don't you?”

Are you judging me right now?”

No, I don't. I just don't understand why.”

I enjoy traveling around, exploring new places, experiencing behind the scene moments, learning from stylists....being the errand girl is just a small side effect.”

I see.” He frowned. “But I don't like the way he's treating you. Like you are his slave.”

I don't like it either. But like I said earlier, it's just a small price to pay to experience all the other amazing things.”

He smiled. “You have to tell me more about 'all the other amazing things'. How about drinking a coffee at Halmeoni's café while talking?”

Sure. When?”, I asked and smiled back.

How about you giving me your number? I'll text you.”

Hmmm....shall I?” I chuckled. “Okay, give me your phone.”

He gave me his phone and I typed in my number.

I have to go now, the concert's about to start. I'll text you, okay?”

Okay.”

He gave me another dazzling smile before going away. I waited until he was out of sight before going back to the waiting room. The boys were already dressed for their performance. I greeted them and completely ignored Junhyung. He didn't seem to recognize my presence either. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. I turned around and opened it.

Vinni?!”

Nichkhun Oppa?!”

Did you just say 'Vinni', Khun Hyung?”, someone called from behind him.

What are you doing here?”, he asked me.

I'm working.” I quickly stepped aside. “Please come in.”

The 2PM members entered BEAST's waiting room. They were all greeting each other. It was nice to see them being so close to each other. When I slumped on the couch, Nichkhun sat down beside me.

So, you are a staff member?”, he asked.

Kinda. So, how are you? I haven't see you in a while now.”

He smiled. “The usual. I kinda miss your bright personality during the mornings at the café.”

I miss you, too. Is Mihri giving you enough coffee? Don't want you to fall asleep during your schedule.”, I said and chuckled.

Yes but she is always so mean to us.”, he said and pouted.

I laughed. “The next time I see her, I'll tell her to be nicer to you.”

Thank you in advance.”, he said and chuckled.

The other members joined us and we all chatted until it was time to get ready for the concert. When it as the boys' turn, I accompanied them to the stage.

You sure know a lot of guys. Especially idols. Interesting.”, Junhyung said when he was walking beside me.

Like I said, it's none of your business.”

If I didn't know it better I would think that you are using your current job to get to know a lot of celebrities.”

I glared at him. “Are you calling me fame-obsessed?”

I didn't say it.”

But you are hinting at it. You don't know anything about me, so you don't have any right to judge me.”

Yeah, I don't know you. That's why I don't trust you.”

I don't need your stupid trust. Just leave me alone.”, I snapped and walked faster to get away from him. The other boys were giving me confused glances but they didn't say anything. When the concert ended, I waited near the stage for the boys to return from the closing stage. The first people to come down were the 2PM Members. Nichkhun patted my head and the other members smiled and waved at me before going to their waiting rooms. Several artists later, SHINee came down. They were surprised to see me but because they were in a hurry, we didn't have time to talk, so they just smiled at me and went to their waiting rooms. Minho still lingered when the other members were already gone.

The day after tomorrow. Do you have time?”

If the boys schedule doesn't change, then yes.”

He smiled. “Good. I'll text you to tell you time and place.”

Okay.”, I said

He quickly hurried after the s. Right after that the BEAST boys came down. They went back into their waiting room. When they finished changing clothes, we all drove back to the apartment. When we were inside, the boys went into their rooms. I didn't know why but I was really exhausted. All of a sudden, my head started hurting again and the nauseous feeling returned. I quickly sat down on the couch and closed my eyes.

What was going on with me?

Suddenly I felt a light pressure under my chin. When I opened my eyes, I was staring straight into Junhyung”s eyes.

Does your head hurt?”, he asked.

My head was still aching and because of the nauseous feeling, I couldn't think clearly.

No....no...I'm okay...I'm...just...just...exhausted...”'

Are you trying to hide it again?”

I took a deep breath and tried to smile. “Did I ever?”

Do you really want an answer?”, he asked and smirked. Then he let go of my chin and went back into his room.

Before I could process what just happened, Kikwang appeared before me. He sat down next to me.

He's worried about you.”, he said.

Yeah? I don't think so. Even if he does, he has no reason. I'm okay.”

I can clearly see that you're not feeling well. Your breathing's ragged and your sweating. Does your head hurt?”

I'm only exhausted, nothing more.”

He put a hand on my shoulder. “You should rest, Vinni.” He stood up. “And you don't have to be strong in front of us. Not when it comes to your health.”

After that he went back into his room.

I don't have to be strong in front of you? How wish it was true.”, I whispered.