Epilogue.

Keeping the Dream alive.

 

Three years later.

 

Congratulations on your Bachelor's Degree!”, Thu Ha said when we entered the airport.

Thank you!”, I said.

I know I'm a bit late but I wanted to congratulate you in person.”

I chuckled. “It's okay. Better late than never.”

Ah, I can't believe that I'm going back to Korea again. It's still seems so surreal to me.”

Same here. And I bet he's already excited to see you.”

To be honest, he doesn't even know that I'm coming.”

Oooh, a surprise, huh? Then your reunion will be even better!”

Yeah, that's what I was planning. And you? Does he know that you're coming?”

I smiled. “Nope.”

Well, then we shouldn't let our boys wait any longer. Korea, here we come!”

 

The flight was long but I was too excited to be exhausted. When we finally arrived at Incheon Airport, I still couldn't believe it. I was back. After three years, I was finally back.

I took a deep breath. “It's good to be here again.”

Definitely!” She looked at her watch. “Oh, I have to hurry! Let's meet later on, okay?”

Sure! And have fun with you-know-who!”

She laughed. “I will! You, too!”

Then she rushed off. I took my time to enjoy the surroundings. There was still one hour left until the Open Air Concert in Seoul, where BEAST would be performing. I took a cab and drove to the Concert Place. The place was already filled with thousands of fans. I found a place in the last row. Half an hour later, the concert finally started. Many artists were performing today: 2PM, Sistar, MBLAQ, Secret, KARA, SHINee, Super Junior, DBSK, Big Bang, 2ne1 and BEAST. I really enjoyed the concert. Even though three years passed, I was still a fangirl in my heart.

My heart skipped a beat when it was the boys' turn to perform. Smoke filled the stage and the boys went on stage. The music started playing. Seeing them again...it was breathtaking. After a while I was only focused on him. The way he moved on stage, his smirks, his rapping, his passion...I was awed. I didn't even know that I was holding my breath the whole time. When their performance was over, I took deep breaths to calm my heart which was beating like crazy.

I sat there until the end of the concert. At the end, every Artist came on stage for the closing performance. I found him in the crowd and couldn't suppress a smile.

When all the artists left the stage, the audience also got ready to leave. With the help of Minho, I got a backstage pass. I quickly went through the rear exit before the fans could see me. I waited near the exit to the parking lot. The first artists who came out were SHINee. When Minho saw me, he waved at me and gave ma a dazzling smile. I smiled back at him. Then they hurried into their van. I also said hello to 2PM when they passed me. Finally the BEAST members came out but they didn't seem to recognize me. When they passed me, I said: “Long time no see.”

They stopped and looked at me. I had to laugh because of their confused expressions.

Don't tell me you don't recognize your former personal assistant?”, I asked.

It finally dawned on them.

Omo, Vinni?! Is that you?”, Kikwang asked.

I smiled. “The one and only. Nice to see you again.”

Kikwang was the first to hug me. After that the others gave me hugs, too.

We're glad that you're back, Vinni.”, Doojoon said.

I'm also very happy to be here.” I looked around. “Uhm, guys, could you tell me where -”

...your lover boy is? He will come out soon. He was talking to Seungho Hyung when we went out.”, Dongwoon interrupted me.

I nudged him and laughed. “He's not my lover boy, okay?”

If you say so, lover girl.”, he said and chuckled.

We will go first. Just take your time, we will make up an excuse for his absence.”, Doojoon said.

Thank you!”, I said happily.

After saying goodbye, they left. When I turned around to wait for Junhyung, I saw Hara coming towards me. What a pleasure.

Hello Hara-ssi, long time no see.”, I said.

She stopped and arched an eye brow at me. “And you are?”

I have many names. Some call me Thao, others call me Vinni, and there are also some who call me Junhyung's girlfriend.”, I said and gave her a sweet smile.

She glared at me. “You! It's really you! What are you doing here?”

Well, just because I had to leave Korea several years ago, it doesn't mean that I won't come back. Especially when there's someone special waiting for me.”

Don't you get it? He's mine!”

So? Then let's wait until he comes out.”

You stupid bastard.”

Aaaww, no vulgar language, please. That's so mediocre.”, I imitated her statement from three years ago.

He will eventually come back to me. You'll see.”

Ah, so delusional, I really pity you. But hey, because I'm a good-natured person, I'll give you an advice: Leave Junhyung and live your mediocre life, dear.”

She shot me another glare and then she rushed off.

Ah, that was pure satisfaction. I have been waiting years to tell her this.

Smiling, I turned around and waited for Junhyung. My hand kept touching the earrings in my ear. It were the ones he gave me three years ago. I have been wearing them every day. Five minutes later he finally came out. Seeing him on stage was one thing...but seeing him right now, only several feet away from me...I couldn't wish for more. Before I could think twice, I was already running towards him. I quickly pulled him into a tight embrace, not caring about the people standing around us.

I've missed you.”, I whispered into his ear. Then I leanend my head against his collar bone and played with the ring I gave him three years ago. He has put it on a necklace, wearing it around his neck, the ring always dangling near his heart.

He chuckled. “I've missed you, too. If I always get such a stormy greeting, then we should have a far distance relationship more often.”

I punched him lightly. “If you don't take that back, then I'll take the next plane back to Germany!”

You know that I was just kidding, don't you?” When I was still pouting, he put his fingers under my chin and pushed it up. Then he kissed me. Electricity shot through me. There was a tingling feeling in my tummy. So that was how having butterflies in your stomach felt like.

Welcome back.”, he whispered, when his lips left mine. Without answering, I put my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me to indulge in another long kiss. It was intoxicating. I couldn't imagine how I could have survived three years without his kisses. Without his warm embraces. Without him.

There was one simple answer. I was able to survive those three years without him because I knew that I would be in his arms again one day. Thinking about that gave me strength to hold on. To fulfill your dreams, you often have to make sacrifices. But as long as you don't give up, you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Right now I have an internship at an Fashion Agency. I will keep working hard to become a designer or a stylist which was always my dream job, and I'm also in the arms of the love of my life.

How did I achieve all these things?

Because I've been keeping my dream alive.