Overseas Schedule.

Keeping the Dream alive.

 

Many days passed.

Every day was the same: I prepared breakfast, I woke them up, I cleaned the apartment, I learned cooking from Haeri, I prepared dinner, I cleaned the kitchen and then I went to bed. The next day I had to go through the same tasks in the same order.

And the boys were still kinda distant towards me. But I could understand it somehow. I was still a stranger to them. Nevertheless there was this longing to become closer to them, to be trusted by them, especially by Junhyung.

Well, I just had to work harder from now on.

 

Around 5pm the manager suddenly called me. He told me to carry dinner to the office because the boys would be practicing till the early morning. I quickly prepared dinner and put it into boxes to carry it to the office. Half an hour later I arrived at the office and searched for the practice room. I found them quickly because of the music coming out of the room. I slowly opened the door and tiptoed into the room. The boys were still practicing, only focused on themselves. I put the dinner boxes on the chair and sat down next to it, watching the boys.

It was really fascinating. How they moved and their passion...I was in awe.

I suddenly had an idea. I left the room and ran to the nearest supermarket, buying drinks. On the way back to the office I also picked up some towels. I quickly returned to the practice room and continued watching them. Several minutes later they were able to take a break. The manager ordered me to prepare dinner. I quickly unpack the boxes on the floor. The boys sat in circle on the floor, eagerly waiting for dinner. When I finished preparing, they started eating. I also prepared dinner for the manager and the coaches. They gave me grateful smiles and joined the boys. Seeing them all eating deliciously was enough to make me happy.

After dinner they continued practicing. I asked the manager if I could stay to watch them.

Sure, why not.”, was his answer.

I sat down on the chair and watched them for the next hours. Around 6am they finished practicing. I gave them the towels and drinks. They thanked me and grabbed their stuff. The manager gave me a nod, indicating that he was satisfied with my ambition. I also grabbed my things and went downstairs. Just when I was about to take a cab, Doojoon tapped me on my shoulders.

You can drive with us in the van, we have the same destination after all.”, he said and smiled.

Ah no, it's okay. I can take a cab.”, I answered.

No, I insist. Please, follow me.”

I wanted to decline this offer but I couldn't deny the fact that I was also happy. Doojoon talked with the manager and he agreed. I climbed into the van. There was only one place free...next to Junhyung. I took a deep breath and sat down next to him. I tried to avoid touching him accidentally but it was difficult. Every time the car turned to the right, my shoulder brushed his. This slight touch sent electricity through my body. My heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't hide a blush.

Ah, so embarrassing.

I glanced at him. He was staring out of the window, smirking.

Oh no. Did he knew what he did to me? Oh my gosh, please not.

I blushed even more.

When we arrived at their apartment, I quickly sprinted out of the van, trying to calm myself. Never ever would I put myself into this kind of situation again.

The boys went straight into bed because they had to wake up two hours later. I didn't even go to bed, afraid that I wouldn't be able to wake up on time to prepare breakfast.

I was entertaining myself with my laptop until it was time to prepare breakfast. After that I got ready to wake up the boys. I went to Junhyung's and Kikwang's room first. When I didn't get an answer after knocking, I slowly opened the door. The room was empty. Seems like they were able to wake up on their own. I should've left the room immediately but my curiosity took over. I closed the door behind me and looked around. Even though I was ordered to clean the apartment, I still wasn't allowed to enter the boys' room without permission.

There were several clothes spread on Junhyung's bed. Without even noticing it, I went to the bed and picked up a shirt to take a look at it.

Don't tell me your also our personal stylist now?”, someone asked.

Startled, I quickly turned around and hid the shirt behind my back, letting it fall on the bed.

No...uhm..I thought that I had to tidy this room too...it's looks a bit messy...I think...”, I stuttered.

I can't remember given you permission to enter our room.”

You...you..didn't? Then I'm sorry...I gotta go now...”, I said and tried to pass Junhyung to go to the door.

Suddenly he slammed his hand on the wall, blocking my way to the door. I backed up against the wall when he came closer. Then he put his other hand on the wall too, pinning me between him and the wall. His face was only inches away from mine.

Don't stare at him. Don't blush. Don't do ANYTHING.

Do you like being a sasaeng?”, he asked.

Huh?

W-what?”

His closeness was kinda distracting.

Sneaking into other people's room, stealing their things...are you proud of yourself?”

I didn't steal anything.”, I retorted.

No, but you would've have if I didn't catch you red-handed.”

I'm your personal assistant and not a sasaeng!”

Maybe you're both?”

I glared at him. “Stop accusing me of things I didn't do.”

He just stared at me. Then he came closer again.

I would be more careful if I were you.”, he whispered and took a step back, releasing me. Then he turned his back to me, going towards his wardrobe.

This was not the Junhyung I had imagined.

Bad guy.”, I muttered.

He turned around abruptly and rushed towards me, so that he was once again only inches away from me.

I'm a bad guy, so what?”, he asked.

I looked down, intimidated by his glare. “I hate bad guys.”

He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

Do I look like I care?”, he asked and smirked.

I just glared at him.

Someone cleared his throat. “Am I disturbing you two?”

We both turned to the side to see Kikwang looking at us, obviously amused. Feeling embarrassed to be caught in such a situation, I looked down and blushed. Junhyung just smirked again and went back to his wardrobe.

I just told our little maid what I want for breakfast.”, Junhyung said and chuckled.

I clenched my fists.

Such a jerk.

 

Right after dinner on this day the manager took me aside to talk with me.

From tomorrow on the boys will attend their overseas schedule, which means we have to travel a lot. And you will accompany us.”, he said.

Really?”

He frowned. “Do I look like I'm kidding?”

Oh no no, I just feel honored.”

He arched an eye brow. “I see. Well then, prepare your luggage, we will take the flight at 8am to Yokohama.”

I tried hard to hide my excitement. “Yes, I understand.”

Good.”, he said and left.

Oh my gosh.

Not only could I accompany the boys, I would also be able to visit Japan!

 

I couldn't sleep last night because of the excitement. That was why I was totally tired and exhausted when I woke up this morning.

Good morning!”, Kikwang said with a smile.

I loved his smiles. They were always so bright and cheery.

Good morning.”, I said sleepily.

You didn't sleep well last night, did you?”

Not really.”

He grinned. “Have you been thinking too much about a certain person?”

I paused. “What...what do you mean?”

Your secret is safe with me.”, he said and winked. Then he went into the kitchen.

What was this guy talking about?

I've been also wondering about his sudden change of attitude towards me. He wasn't as distant as before. Quite the contrary, he often gave me sheepish smiles ever since the awkward situation with him and Junhyung back in their room.

I wasn't complaining though. It felt good to know that at least Doojoon and Kikwang didn't treat me as a stranger anymore. Junhyung was another matter. I didn't think that he would ever act nice towards. He was literally a jerk. All these years I've been admiring a jerk. Talking about wasting years of my life.

Someone nudged me. “Stop daydreaming, we don't have much time left and you still have to wake up our two sleepyheads.”, Doojoon said and chuckled.

I looked at the clock. “Oh my gosh! You are right, I have to hurry!”

I still managed to wake up Yoseob and Dongwoon in time. We all finished breakfast and rushed to the airport. There we met the rest of the staff. After that we went on the plane, getting ready to fly to Yokohama.

Even though I've been on a plane several times before, I was still nervous. But it wasn't as bad as I imagined. Time passed quickly and we already arrived in Yokohama. One of the staff members went out to check out the situation and I accompanied him. I couldn't believe what I saw. The entrance hall was filled with fans. From the main door until the door to the luggage office, there was no way we could leave the airport quickly. It would gonna be difficult.

We returned to the luggage office. The boys were sitting on the seats, waiting. I quickly told the manager about the situation outside.

Did you see any security guards?”, he asked me.

There were a few guards but I don't think that there are enough to hold back the crowd.”, I said.

He frowned. “I'm gonna ask for more guards. You will pick up the luggage and go out first with the other stylists.”

I understand.”

When I was on the way to pickup the luggage, Doojoon approached me.

What's the matter? I saw you talking with Sehun Hyung.”, he said.

I smiled. “Seems like you are too popular. The whole entrance hall is filled with your fans, Sehun-ssi had to call more security guards.”

Oh, I see. Thank you.”, he said and went back to the other boys.

I could clearly see the exhaustion written all over his face. The other boys seemed as tired. I felt bad for them. Running from one schedule to another, flying from one country to another....it would be surprising if it didn't took a toll on them. I really wish I could help them. But I was just a 'maid', what could I possibly do?

When the manager gave us a sign, we left the luggage office. I could already hear the fans screaming and chanting for the boys. I pushed the luggage cart through the narrow passage between the crowd. On both sides of me the fans were reaching out, trying to touch the boys, I felt kinda claustrophobic. When I looked up, I saw some of them glaring at me.

What the heck? Why were they glaring at me? Just because I was a staff member? But they didn't glare at the other staff members. Huh.

I tried to ignore them and went straight to the main door. A van was standing outside. Other staff members carried the luggage onto the van and I went back to shield the boys from the fans. They kept pulling on my hair and clothes. I took a deep breath and clenched my teeth. The boys safety came first. I would care about my hair and the clothes later on. When the boys entered the van, I followed them when I was sure that the security guards would hold back the crowd.

The van left the airport to drive to the hotel. Some of the boys fell asleep because of exhaustion. I was kinda tired too but I tried to stay awake.

You look a bit...ruffled.”, Yoseob said.

I look down. Because of the ruckus, I didn't noticed that my clothes were torn and several strands of my hair were coming loose from the bun.

I sighed. “Yeah...it was kinda rough at the airport.”

Did you get hurt?”, he asked, looking concerned.

No, I'm okay.” I paused. “Being popular does have it disadvantages, huh?”

He smiled ruefully. “We really love our fans but sometimes it's really....tough, you know.”

Yeah, I can imagine.”

Are you really not hurt?”

I told you, I'm okay. The only thing being hurt right now is my ego.”, I said and chuckled.

He smiled at me and leaned back. Then he closed his eyes and after a while he fell asleep immediately. I leaned my head against the window and enjoyed the scenery. When we arrived, I gently nudged the boys to wake them up. They looked even more tired than before their nap. I was really worried about their health. How long could their body and mind cope with the constant stress and exhaustion? How long could they hold on?

The boys were distributed into three rooms and I shared a room with the stylists. The two girls were really nice.

Hey, what's your name? I'm Nana.”, the tall girl with long dark brown hair said.

And I'm Jenny.”, the other girl said. She had short blond hair and she wasn't Korean.

My name's Vinni. Nice to meet you.”, I said.

Nana smiled. “You aren't Korean too, right?”

Yes, I'm Vietnamese and I'm from Germany. And what do you mean with 'too'? You aren't Korean?”, I asked.

No, I'm 100 percent Korean. Our dear Jenny isn't Korean. She's from the States.”

I looked at her. “Wow! But you can speak Korean very well.”

Well, you too.”, she said and laughed.

Now there's one thing I'm curious about....what's your occupation?”, Nana asked.

I'm a personal assistant.”

Personal assistant? What do you do?”

I'm like the manager's assistant.”

Oh, I see. Well, I'm the main stylist and Jenny's the hair stylist.”

Cool! After my year in Korea, I intend to study Fashion Design.”

Yeah? Maybe you could return to us after finishing your studies.”, Nana said and winked.

If I'm good enough, maybe.”

Jenny nudged me. “Hey, you should be more confident.”

I'll try.”, I said and laughed.

The next day we went on a sightseeing tour. Wherever we went, there was always a huge crowd following us. Once again I noticed some fans glaring at me but I just ignored it. When we were standing next to the tour bus, taking a break, I felt a sting of pain at the back of my head. I gently touched the spot but there wasn't anything. Maybe I was just imagining things.

When I continued my conversation with the stylist girls, I felt another sting of pain.

What the heck?

I turned around but there wasn't anyone. What was going on?

What's the matter, Vinni?”, Jenny asked.

Uh...nothing. So what did you just say?”, I asked.

Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pulled me aside. Before I could wonder what happened I noticed a stone flying past me.

A stone?! Was someone throwing stones at me? But then...

I look to the side to find out who pulled me aside. That was when I noticed that I was standing in front of Junhyung. And he was too close.

He was talking with Doojoon that was why he didn't noticed me staring at him. Confused, I looked to the other side and saw Kikwang giving me a sheepish smile. What the heck was going on?

 

When we arrived at the hotel, I pulled Kikwang aside.

Hey, why were giving me this sheepish smile back there?”, I asked him.

He smiled. “Why, am I not allowed to smile at you?”

Hey, stop teasing me. Come on, tell me the truth.”

His smile grew wider. “I was just positively surprised by our dear Junhyung.”

Junhyung-ssi? What do you mean?”

Well, who, do you think, pulled you aside when they were throwing stones at you?”

Wait...so someone really did throw stones at me? But why?”

His smile disappeared. “I don't know. They disappeared before I could see them. Before they threw the last stone, I was trying to warn you but you already got pulled aside by Junhyung.”

So he was the one pulling me?”

Yes, he is your hero of the day.”, he said.

Yeah, maybe.”

He gave me a concerned look. “You aren't hurt, are you?”

Oh, no no, I'm okay.”

Good. You should be more careful from now on.”, he said and returned to the other boys.

Well, it seems like there were people throwing stones at me and Junhyung was the one saving me. So why was I more confused than before?

 

It was finally time for the Beautiful Show in Yokohama. Everyone was really hectic, rushing from one place to another. I followed the boys to their rehearsal. They were going through the set list, checking the music and the microphones. I was sitting backstage, waiting for them with drinks and towels. Watching them like this was as amazing as watching them practicing. It was impressive that they could still goof around with each other. I admired their passion and deep friendship.

When they finished practicing, they came backstage one by one. Kikwang was the first. While he was drinking, I quickly wiped off the sweat.

I think I could get used to this.”, he said and smiled.

I nudged him gently. “Hey, don't take this for granted. I'm only doing this today because I'm in a good mood.”

Be careful or you'll get fired.”, he said and chuckled.

I laughed. “But wiping off your sweat isn't part of my job description, you know.”

Neither is flirting with an idol.”

We both turned around. Junhyung was standing there, arching an eye brow at us.

I'm not flirting, I'm just doing my job.”, I retorted.

Yeah, I can see.”, he said sarcastically.

I glared at him.

So...uhm...I gotta go changing my clothes. See you later!”, Kikwang said and went away.

When he left the room, I turned back to Junhyung. He was still glaring at me.

Here, take the towel and the drink. You should hurry and change your clothes, too.”, I said and handed him his drink and his towel.

Oh, don't I get 'special treatment', too?”

Huh. This person seemed to like sarcasm.

Some people deserve 'special treatment' and some don't. Now guess in which category you belong.”

I can imagine what one has to do to get your 'special treatment'.”, he said with a smirk and left the room.

Such a smartass.

When the boys changed their clothes, they attended the press conference for the Beautiful Show. I waited for them at the concert hall. Several minutes later they returned and got ready.

Okay. We will do our best, so that our B2uties can enjoy the show. But don't forget to enjoy the stage. If you have fun, then our B2uties will have fun, too. Fighting!”, Doojoon said.

Fighting!”, the other members shouted in unison.

Okay, may the show begin!”, Doojoon shouted.

They all gathered behind the stage, getting ready to go out. The music from the intro was already playing.

It was my first time being at the Beautiful Show, especially backstage. It was truly amazing. I finally got to know what happened behind the stage. Every time the boys left the stage to change clothes, I handed them towels. They only had a couple minutes before they had to go back on stage. I couldn't see their performances, but hearing their voices more than enough for me.

Once in a while, Nana and Jenny would join me. They told me some stories about their lives as stylists and they also gave me advice for my future career.

When the Beautiful Show was finally over, the boys rushed to the changing room. The next challenge was already waiting for us. There was only one rear exit and all the fans were already gathering in front of it. There was no way we could easily get through the crowd. Once again many security guards were needed. The manager called for more guards and they all went outside, trying to create a passage for the van to drive through. The stylist and the other staff members went first. They quickly went into the first van. When they left the garage of the concert hall, I could clearly hear the fans screaming. When I went towards the door, I could see the fans waving at the van, hoping the boys would be the one sitting in this car. The second van arrived and we quickly went into it. When the garage door opened, I could clearly see the crowd again. Once again they were waving at us, even though they couldn't see us because of the black windows. It felt weird to be surrounded by so many people. I knew that they all were here for the boys but it still felt weird.

Yoseob was recording the fans and when he finished, he waved at them. Because of the black windows, I was sure that they could only see his silhouette but it wasn't that difficult to find out that this was the van of the boys. Knowing this, the fans cheered and waved even more. Several minutes later we could finally leave this place to return to the hotel. Exhaustion was once again written all over their faces and they fell asleep immediately.

Well, one Beautiful Show done. Two more to go.