Emotional Rollercoaster.

Keeping the Dream alive.

When I woke up this time, I was lying on the bed in my room instead of lying in the hospital. I tried to sit up but everything went blurry again that's why I lied down again.

Like I said, you don't learn from your mistakes.”

I turned my head slowly to get a better look at him. He was leaning against the wall, his arms folded.

Yeah, my Mum used to tell me this.”

She's a wise woman.”

I sighed. “Just to be clear, it's just exhaustion.”

He arched an eye brow at me. “Are you kidding me?”

No.”, I said and turned away.

I heard him approaching me. “Why won't you stop hiding it from us?”

You didn't need to know about this.”

He was now sitting on my bed. “We could've helped you.”

You guys are busy enough, you didn't need another burden.”

He sighed. “Always trying to be strong.” He gently my hair. “Even if you hurting so much. You can't imagine how shocked I have been. Those images are still haunting me.”

I turned to him. “What are you talking about?”

All the blood...it was terrible...”

Junhyung-ssi...I don't understand..”

I found you...after the fight...you were crumpled on the floor...covered in your own blood...those images are still haunting me..”, he said quietly.

I put my hand on his. “I'm sorry.”

Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault that they attacked you.”

Uhm...well, it was kinda my fault...”

What do you mean?”

They threatened and attacked me several times before, but I didn't listen. And...I..uhm kinda provoked them.”

He smirked. “Let me guess...you provoked them with that bold mouth of yours, didn't you?”

I smirked. “Maybe?”

That's were you got all that bruises and scratches from, right?”

Yeah.”

And you were hiding it from us. All the time. Even though you went through such an agonizing time, you still hid it from us.”

I know, I know...just stop with this preach and tell me that I was stupid.”

Yeah, you were stupid. Completely stupid.” He smirked. “But you are also very strong...and stubborn.”

Yeah?”

Yes. Strong girls are very appealing...even if they're stubborn and stupid.”

So, appealing, huh? How appealing exactly?”

He just looked into my eyes. Then he bent down and kissed me.

Before, only the mere touch of our shoulders sent electricity through my body but kissing him...it was even better. A warm feeling spread through me, giving me shivers. It was intoxicating.

When his lips left mine, he gave me a smirk. “Totally appealing.”

I smiled. “Good to know.”

He my cheek. “You need to rest and I gotta go now. Schedule's calling. I'll come back later on.”

Okay.”

Sweet dreams.”, he said and kissed my forehead. Then he stood up and left.

Feeling totally happy, I fell asleep.

 

I woke up right in time to prepare dinner for the boys. When everything was settled, I got ready to wake them up. This time I went to Dongwoon's and Yoseob's room first because they were real sleepyheads. After that I went to Doojoon's and Hyunseung's room but they were already awake. The last room was Junhyung's and Kikwang's one. Suddenly I remembered last night and blushed. I quickly shook my head and knocked. When no one answered, I slowly opened the door. Kikwang's bed was empty, he probably was in the bathroom. It was surprising that Junhyung was still asleep because he was usually one of the first to wake up. I slowly approached his bed.

Junhyung-ssi?”, I asked.

He didn't stir.

I reached out and poked him. “Junhyung-ssi?”, I asked again.

Suddenly I was pulled towards the bed. Before I could react properly, I stumbled over my foot and fell down on the bed next to him.

I looked up to see him smirking at me. “Well...I could get used to this.”

So? You shouldn't because this won't happen again.” I said and smiled.

He chuckled. “That sounds like a challenge.” He leaned forward and kissed me. “By the way, good morning.”

Good morning. It's time to get up or do you want the others to see us like this?”, I said and smiled.

Hm...intriguing. But I see your point. Let's stay like this for five more minutes, okay?”

Tsk tsk, such a bad boy.”

I recall you saying that you don't like bad boys. Should I be worried?”

I gave him a quick kiss. “I think I may start to like bad boys from now on.”

He leaned forward again, his lips only inches away from mine. “So? I'm flattered.”

By the way, did I already tell you what I really like about you?”, I said and smiled.

He glanced at my lips and then looked back into my eyes. “Tell me.”

I came closer. “I really like....” I sat up and and reached out to his ears. “....your earrings! So cool, where did you get them from?”

Oh, that calls for a punishment!”, he said and pulled me back down to him. I tried to struggle but he held my hands and kissed me.

Okay, 1:0 for you but I'll get my revenge later on.”, I said and laughed.

You may try but I can tell you that you'll lose again.”

We'll see. By the way, you wear these earrings a lot, do they have a special meaning to you?”

Hm, no, not really. I just like wearing them because they are one of my favorite earrings.”

I see.” I sat up and climbed out of bed. “You should get ready now or you'll be late. Come on!”

May I get dressed first or do you want me to eat breakfast in shorts?”, he asked and smirked.

What?! Oh my gosh!”, I blushed and turned around. “Why didn't you tell me earlier?”

I didn't notice it because he was still under his blanket.

Well, you didn't ask?”, he retorted and chuckled.

Seriously, another reason why I don't like bad boys!”, I said and rushed out of the room. I could still hear him laughing in his room.

Such a jerk!

 

When the boys returned to the apartment this evening, I already finished preparing dinner. Junhyung and me, we still acted like nothing happened between us. We wanted to keep our relationship a secret for the time being. But we still exchange kisses when nobody was around. Like now, when everyone was already in their rooms, getting ready to go to bed.

Junhyung quickly pulled me aside to give me a good night kiss. I was still in his arms when the manager came around the corner. We quickly sprung apart. The manager just stared at us for a moment.

Junhyung, go to bed. It's late.”, he said after a while.

Okay. Good night, Sehun Hyung.” He nodded at me. “Vinni-ssi.”

Good night.”, I said.

When Junhyung went into his room, I noticed that the manager was still looking at me. Uh oh.

And you...waking call at 5am, breakfast at 5.30am. Do you understand?”

Yes.”

He gave me another disapproving look and then he went away.

Woah, that was going to be complicated.

 

A text message woke me up the next morning. When I looked at my phone, I saw that it was from Minho.

What did he want this early in the morning?

 

FROM MINHO OPPA:

 

Vinni, I have great news for you!

Meet me in front of the “Seoul's Delicacy” Restaurant in 30min, okay?

It's really important!

 

The restaurant was across from the boys' apartment. But should I go? What if Junhyung found out that I met with Minho? He didn't like him.

In the end curiosity won and I agreed to meet Minho. I quickly answered him and got dressed. When it was time to go down, I tiptoed past the boys' rooms and left the apartment to go to the Restaurant. Seconds later a car stopped in front of me and Minho climbed out of it.

He greeted me with a smile. “Good morning, Vinni!”

Good morning, Oppa.”, I said and smiled back. “What's those good news you were talking about?”

You won't believe it! When I was at Halmeoni's café the last time, Mihri asked me if I could give you something she found in the storage room. It was your sketch book. I really didn't want to peek but Mihri told me how talented you are and I got curious. You really ARE talented, Vinni.”

But...but were is my sketch book right now?”, I asked confusedly.

I showed it to one of our stylist Noonas and she showed it to her boss. She called me this morning that her boss is impressed with your sketches and that he would like to contact you.”

I widened my eyes. “Oh my gosh....are...are you saying that...”

With your skills, I'm sure that he will have a great offer for you. Maybe an offer for an internship in his agency or maybe a job offer? Who knows?”, he said smiled.

I squealed and hugged him tightly. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!”

He laughed. “You're welcome.”

I let go. “You are the best, Oppa. I owe you.”

I'll remember it.”, he said and chuckled. Then he looked at his watch. “Oh, I have to go now. We'll talk later on, okay? And I assume that I'm allowed to give your number to stylist Noona's boss?”

Yes, definitely!”

Okay, see you later!”, he said and quickly rushed into the van. I crossed the street and returned to the apartment. I quickly prepared breakfast and got ready to wake up the boys. All of them, except Dongwoon and Yoseob, were already awake. When I prepared coffee, they strolled into the kitchen, still tired. Junhyung was especially moody today.

The food tastes weird today. You didn't spend much time on cooking it, right?”, he asked.

What?”

Will you focus on making coffee, please? We don't have much time...not like certain people.”

The boys kept glancing between us, irritated by our weird behavior. I slammed the coffee pot in front of him.

Here's your coffee! And if you need me to chew your food for you, you know where to find me.”, I snapped and rushed into the living room.

Why was Junhyung behaving like a total jerk today? Didn't he sleep well? Or was it just me? Was I expecting too much?

Totally confused, I pulled Junhyung aside when the boys finished breakfast.

What is wrong with you today? Why are you acting like this towards me?”, I asked.

What do you mean?”

You know exactly what I mean.”

He glared at me. “You want to know why I'm acting like this towards you? Well, how do you expect me to act towards a girl who cheated on me in front of my eyes?”

What? I did what?”

You heard me. I saw you and Minho across the street, you both were in each others arms. Can you imagine what you did to me? No, I bet you can't.”

No, let me explain -”

Go away, I can't stand to see you right now.”, he interrupted me.

Please -”

Go.”

I shot him a hurt look and rushed into my room. Then I threw myself into my bed, pulling the blanket over me.

He was such an idiot. Why didn't he let me explain it to him? I didn't cheat on him. I never would. But it seems like he didn't trust me enough to believe it. That was why I couldn't forgive him.

The next days I didn't talk to him. I was still mad and hurt, that's why I just avoided him. Kikwang tried to talk to me but I just turned away, still too hurt to talk about it.

One day, when the boys already left the apartment, I sat on the couch, watching TV. I already cleaned the whole apartment, so there was nothing left to distract myself from the hurt and disappointment except the TV. I zapped through the channels and stopped when I saw Junhyung's face on the screen. Even though I was still mad, I leaned back and I watched the program. When I finally understand what the girl on screen was saying, the remote control slipped through my fingers and fell on the floor.

No. No. NO! It couldn't be!

I rushed into my room and switched on the laptop, looking for articles to prove this. It was one of the top stories.

I backed away from the laptop and slumped on the floor. The big article headline was still flashing on the screen of my laptop.

 

[BREAKING] BEAST's Yong Junhyung and KARA's Goo Hara confirmed to be in a relationship!

 

Confirmed. Not just rumors...it was already confirmed through Cube Entertainment. Did he get over me so fast? Or was he already dating her while 'having fun' with me?

I felt so used.

But no matter what, I still wanted to hear it from him. I wanted him to tell me into my face that he didn't love me anymore, or rather that he never did love me. I needed answers.

After dinner, when the boys finished eating dinner, I waited for Kikwang to go to the bathroom before silently slipping into Junhyung's and Kikwang's room. Junhyung was sitting on his bed, his arms crossed behind his head, while he was staring out of the window.

He didn't move when I entered the room that was why I wasn't sure if he noticed me. I didn't move either. I leaned against the door, not daring to move closer to him. I couldn't stand to be near him right now.

Is it true?”, I asked quietly.

He still didn't move. “Yes.”, he said after a while.

Why?”

When he didn't answer, I asked: “Was anything real between us? Or were you just having fun?”

Didn't I tell you not to come into my sight? I'm pretty sure I told you that I can't stand to see you.”

Oh, but you can enjoy seeing Goo Hara, right?”, I snapped.

He stood up abruptly. “Go away, Vinni.”

I'm not moving, not until you answer my questions!”

Leave this room. NOW!”

No, I-”

Suddenly the door opened and Kikwang entered the room. He glanced at us. “Everything okay? I heard you guys shouting, that's why I -”

She just wanted to go out.”, Junhyung interrupted him.

I glared at him. Then I turned around and rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I had enough. For me, this jerk didn't exist anymore.

 

Easier said than done. Especially when he brought this Goo Hara girl with him to the apartment.

I was just washing the dishes, when I heard her voice coming from the door. She was laughing about something one of the boys said. I just ignored it and continued washing the dishes. When she suddenly appeared at the kitchen door, I startled and a plate slipped through my fingers.

She was other than I imagined. She was so...girly. It's not that I was boyish, that was not what I wanted to say. Just that she seemed so fragile. Next to her I looked like a tough motorbike girl, ready to punch everyone who would come into my way. Okay, that was an exaggeration but you guys know what I mean.

So she was standing there, smiling at me like a girl who just stepped out of a fashion magazine.

Hey, you must be Vinni-ssi. May I call you Vinni? I'm Goo Hara. You can call me Eonni.”, she said and gave me a sweet smile.

Her smiles gave me goosebumps. But not in a good way.

Just when I wanted to say something, Junhyung appeared behind her. My forced smile vanished immediately.

I guess you guys already got to know each other?”, he asked.

Yes, I just told her that she can already call me Eonni. She's really sweet.”, Hara said.

I turned around and focused on the dishes.

How could he bring her to this apartment?

Let's go back into the living room, Hara.”, he said.

Oh, okay!”

I heard them both leaving the kitchen, leaving me alone. I stopped washing the dishes and leaned against the fridge, trying to calm myself. I was on the verge of exploding and I could only calm down after taking several deep breaths.

Don't give him this satisfaction, Vinni. Act as if you don't care. Act as if it doesn't hurt you that he brought his girlfriend to the apartment right after your breakup.

Yeah, I didn't care.

 

The evening went on and everyone was having fun. Except me.

They were all laughing and it was clear that Hara got along with all of them. There was one word which could clearly describe the person Goo Hara: Princess. Yes, princess. She was like a fragile little princess, who needed the attention of everyone and who wanted to be admired by everyone. Maybe I was having prejudices towards Hara because of all the things that happened with Junhyung. But it was difficult to not act this way. That's why I just avoided her, so that I couldn't say something I may regret later on.

When I came from the bathroom, I met Hara in the hall.

You're pathetic.”, she muttered when I passed her.

I paused. “What did you just say?”

She turned around a flashed me a smile. “I said that you're pathetic.”

So? And WHY am I pathetic?”

Do you really think that I didn't notice the way you are looking at my boyfriend? Do you really think that I didn't see it? Girl, your just a plain servant, he will never look at you. You're nothing to him.”

What?”

You heard me. Now stop drooling over my boyfriend or you'll feel my wrath.”, she said and went into the bathroom.

Prejudices? As if! I was right! This girl was double-dealer, a little two-faced girl. Great. Just great.

Just when I thought that it couldn't get worse, Junhyung came around the corner. Great timing.

He didn't even spare me a glance. I should have ignored him but I had enough. When he intended to pass me, I quickly grabbed him and pulled him into his room, quickly closing the door.

Now he was standing in front of me, his arms folded. “What do you want?”

I want to know why the heck you chose this two-faced chick over me?”

Please refrain from insulting my girlfriend, that just makes you seem pathetic, Vinni.”

I am pathetic, huh? You're the pathetic one and you're 'girlfriend' is a hag.”

He smirked. “Don't tell me you're jealous?”

Jealous? You wish. I'm just trying to talk sense into you. She's a two-faced hag, Junhyung-ssi. You HATE two-faced people, did you forget that already?”

He arched an eye brow at me. “Why do you even care? Is your beloved Minho neglecting you or is there another reason why you're bothering me with this nonsense?”

That was the last straw. I exploded. Literally.

You don't want to understand it, do you? I AM NOT DATING MINHO OPPA FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! He showed my sketches to an agency and this agency's boss was interested. I was hugging Minho Oppa because he was telling me the news that morning and I was really happy. BUT there is NOTHING else going on between us and when you don't trust me, then YOU are the pathetic one and NOT me. But you know what? Do what you want, I don't care anymore. I don't care about you anymore.”, I said and left the room, without waiting for answer. I could finally say everything what was stuck inside me ever since we broke up.

I wasn't even sad. I was just....relieved.

 

I didn't know when Hara left because I locked my myself into my room after my outburst with Junhyung. I was just lying in my bed, my blanket pulled over my head. Just lying there, staring into the darkness.

All of a sudden someone opened the door. I froze. Who the heck came into my room without knocking?

This person quietly closed the door and came closer to my bed. Then I felt the bed move under me. Seems like the was sitting on my bed now.

Vinni, we need to talk.”

Even without looking, I knew that it was him.

There's noting to talk about.”, I mumbled under the blanket.

Vinni, come out of the blanket, I can't hear you.”, he said and pulled down my blanket.

I sighed and sat up.”What do you want? I'm tired. And does Hara-ssi know that you are here?”

What does Hara have to do with this?”, he asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

Are you kidding me?”

Vinni, stop being childish.”

I am childish? Did you came into this room to insult me?”

I'm not insulting you, I just want to talk.”

Do you like her?”

What?”

Do you like Hara-ssi?”

Yes, but -”

Do you want to hurt her?”, I interrupted him.

No, but -”

Then you have no reason to be here.”

Vinni...”

Please go.”

I climbed out of bed and went to door. Then I opened it and looked at him. “Now.”

Junhyung stared at me. When I didn't say anything else, he sighed and stood up. “As you wish.”

Without looking at me, he passed me and walked out of the door. I quickly closed it. Then I leaned my head against the door and slowly slid to the floor.

We had nothing to talk about. It was over now.

 

The next days we kept ignoring each other. When I accompanied the boys to an Event, we also met KARA. Needless to say, Hara was literally glued to Junhyung. She was flirting with him all the time and he kept smiling at her. I haven't seen his smile for a long time. It was dazzling.

I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't the reason for his smiles. But then I came to my senses and remembered that it was over between us. I should forget him.

But it was also difficult to ignore them both, especially when Hara kept giving me evil smiles when no one was looking.

When I went to grab some drinks, Hara caught me before I could go back to the boys.

How are you, dear?”, she asked with a smile. It was obviously fake.

Cut the crap, I know you hate me.”

Her smile vanished immediately. “Right, let's come to the point. I want you to stay away from Junhyung Oppa.”

I have no intention on getting near to him.”

No, you misunderstand me. I want you to stay away from him...forever. To be clear, I want you to quit this job.”

What?”

You heard me.”

Forget it. I love this job.”

Yeah, I can imagine why.”

Me loving this job has NOTHING to do with your precious Junhyung Oppa. I'm gaining much experience from talking with other stylists and I love traveling around a lot.”, I snapped.

Then find another job where you can do all these things.”

I don't want another job. Now move aside, I have to work.”

You will regret this.”, she hissed when I passed her.

If you say so.”

As if I would take her empty threats seriously. Dogs, who barked, didn't bite.

 

The next day the boys had a day off. Junhyung already left the apartment in the early morning and the boys told me that he was spending his day with Hara. I couldn't deny the fact that hearing this was like a stab to my heart.

The boys wanted to go playing volleyball and asked me if I wanted to join them but I declined their offer. I was too sad to play volleyball. Instead I decided to visit Haeri and Mihri. When arrived at the café, there were many guests. I quickly got changed and helped Mihri. I stayed there until late evening before returning to the apartment. It was raining and I forgot my umbrella, that was why I was running. On a vacated street I was surrounded by girls all of a sudden. At first I thought that they were the same girls from the past but I was wrong. I didn't recognize any of them.

Quit your job. Now.”, one of them said.

Why should I?”, I asked.

Stay away from Junhyung Oppa.”, another girl said.

I chuckled. “I hear that phrase a lot lately. But you know what? I don't care and I have no intentions on quitting my job.”

I knew that I shouldn't have been so bold, considering the fact that I was outnumbered. But I was also annoyed by people like them who thought that they could order me around.

Maybe we can change your mind.”, a girl said and smiled.

Before I could react, they came closer and start pulling on my hair and my clothes. But somehow I manage to pull free out of their grab and ran away. I could hear them running after me, so I ran as fast I could. When I saw I small and dark alley, I quickly ran into it and hid behind a container. Still out of breath, I tried to calm down, so that they wouldn't hear me.

Where is she?”, one of the girls asked. She was standing too close.

I don't know. She disappeared all of a sudden.”, another girl said.

Let's split. You four will take this direction and we will take the other direction. Go!”

They all ran past me. I waited a moment to make sure that they were really gone. Then I slumped on the floor, not caring that the floor was wet from the rain. I didn't care at all.

It was like a déjà vu. Being surrounded, everyone grabbing and scratching me...it was like before. This time I was able to flee but I didn't know if I would be lucky the next time. I hugged my legs and put my head on my knees. Before I knew it, I started crying. It was too much too handle right now.

I didn't want this to happen again. I already had the scar on the back of my head to remind me of the constant bullying I had to endure before, I didn't need another scar.

After a while I decided to return to the apartment. But when I arrived there, I saw the girls hanging around the building.

Oh snap, they were clever enough to wait for me at the apartment. I sighed and went to the opposite direction. It was still raining, I was soaked and I had no idea where to go. Great. Just great. After walking around for a while I decided to find shelter in the train station. I found a bench and sat down. Ah, I was so tired. And it was slowly getting cold, especially because my clothes were soaked and the wind was blowing through the train station. I rubbed my arms to warm myself but it wasn't really helping. I let out a frustrated sigh and leaned my head against the wall. I was so exhausted.

Yeah, what a great day. At least it couldn't get worse.

 

The noise from coming from the people and the trains woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched myself. Seems like I fell asleep last night. There were already many people at the train station but they just ignored me. My clothes were still a bit wet and they clung to me. It was disgusting. I seriously needed a shower. I just hoped that I didn't smell.

I stood up and went back to the apartment. I didn't know how I looked like right now. I bet my hair was messy and my makeup was smeared. I moved faster. When I was near the apartment, I stopped and looked around. The girls weren't there anymore. Seems like they didn't want to wait anymore. I quickly crossed the street and ran into the building. When I opened the door to the apartment, I ran into Doojoon.

He widened his eyes when he saw me. “Vinni? Oh my gosh, what happened? Where were you? Are you okay?”

I smiled. “Too many questions at once, Doojoon-ssi. I'm fine but I'll answer the questions after showering and changing my clothes, okay?”

Sure, just take your time.”

The other boys saw me too but they didn't say anything. I quickly ran into my room. I had to resist the urge to throw myself into my bed. I was still exhausted and the bed looked so comfortable right now but I was still wearing my dirty and torn clothes and my hair was dirty and messy. I didn't want to mess up my bed too. I went to the wardrobe and took out some clothes and towels.

Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

Not now.”, I said.

The door opened and Junhyung came into my room. The he closed the door and stayed there, not moving.

Didn't you hear my 'not now'?”, I asked. I didn't want to see him right now.

He ignored my complaint. “Where were you last night?”

Oh, you noticed that I wasn't here?”, I snapped.

He arched an eye brow at me. “Tell me where you were.”

I was strolling around.”

Did something happen? Did those girls harass you again?”

I turned away. “No.”

He came closer and put a hand on my shoulder. “You don't need to hide it. Let me help you.”

I shook off his hand and glared at him. “Nobody can help me. Especially not you.”

He gave me a confused look. “What do you mean?”

That's not important right now. Look, I really want to get out of this disgusting clothes and take a shower. Can we continue this conversation later on? I -”

Vinni, what happened?”, he interrupted. He was obviously annoyed with my attitude.

And I was annoyed with him. “Stop getting on my nerves! I don't want to tell you, okay? Am I asking you where you were yesterday? No, I don't, even though I can imagine where you were.” I turned away again. “And I'm pretty sure that she'll brag about it when we meet again.”, I muttered.

What did you say?”

Nothing you need to know. Please excuse me, I seriously need a shower right now.”, I said and grabbed my clothes. Then I passed him and rushed into the bathroom.

When I finished showering, I stayed in the bathroom for several more minutes, in hope that the boys would already leave the apartment. And I was right. After a while I heard the closing sound of the apartment door and I peeked out of the bathroom. Nobody was there.

I quickly ran into my room and closed the door. Then I threw myself into my bed. Ah, the bed was so comfortable. I pulled up my blanket and closed my eyes. I wanted to sleep. I want to sink into my dreams, so that I could forget what happened last night. But I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning around my bed. After a while I gave up and sat up. Then I grabbed my laptop and entertained myself with surfing through the internet and chatting with my friends.

Around 9pm the manager called me and told me to deliver food to the Cube Office. I sighed. Following this order meant leaving this apartment, which gave the girls the opportunity to harass me again. And I didn't want to go through this again. But on the other hand I didn't want to lose this job. That was why I took a deep breath and climbed out of bed. After cooking the food, I got ready to leave the apartment. I kept looking out of the window, just to make sure that they weren't hanging around the apartment. When the cab arrived, I quickly left the building and stepped into the car. I told the cab driver the address and he drove me to the Cube Office. When we arrived there, I checked the surroundings before getting out of the cab. I gave the cab driver his money and quickly rushed towards the building. Suddenly the girls appeared out of nowhere and surrounded me. I clutched the boxes with the food to my body. I looked around, trying to find a way to escape but there were too many girls. I was trapped.

One of the girls slapped the boxes out of my hand and they fell on the floor. Just when I bent down to collect them, another girl shoved me against a tree. My back hurt because of the impact and I couldn't breathe for a moment.

Oh please, stop pretending. Your weaker than I thought. You don't deserve being around Junhyung and s.”, a girl said.

I took a deep breath. “There are 10 of you guys and I'm alone. Now tell me who's a weak coward right now.”

Oh, you want to be bold? Let's see if you can still talk like this when we are done with you.”, she said and threw a small stone at me. The other girls joined her and soon I was hit by many stones at once. I tried to cover my face with my arms but some of the stones still hit my face. After a while I had scratches and bruises on my face, my arms and my chest.

One girl held up a hand and they all stopped.

Aw, does it hurt? We will stop if you promise to quit the job.”, she said.

You all are so pathetic. I pity you.”, I said.

She slapped me. “You dare insulting us right now? Seems like you didn't get our message yet. Maybe we should go even further.” She picked up a big stone which was as big as an orange. “Let's see if you can still insult us after this.”

You are crazy!”, I cried.

She smiled. Then she struck out. I closed my eyes, embracing myself for the pain. But seconds passed and I didn't feel anything. I slowly opened my eyes.

I was now straight into Junhyung's face which was contorted with pain.

Oh my gosh, are you okay?”, I asked and put a hand on his cheek.

He gave me a small smile. “I'm fine. You look worse.” Then he turned around and face the girls.

If you guys don't leave immediately, I'm going to call the police. And if you dare to harass her again, I will sue you. Remember, I already saw your faces and I have a good memory.”, he said.

The girls gave each other scared looks and then they all ran away.

Where did I see her before?”, he murmured. Then he turned around. “Let's go inside.”

I nodded and quickly picked up the boxes which were scattered on the ground. The food was mixed up but still edible.

Ah, what a pity.”, I murmured.

He chuckled. “I just don't understand you. You were just attacked by a bunch of girls and your only worry is the food?”

I made it for you guys. I did my best to cook all your favorite food.”

He looked at me. Then he sighed and pulled me up from the ground.

Come on, it's cold. I have to go back or I'll be scolded.”, he said.

Okay.”

We quickly went into the building. I glanced at Junhyung and noticed that he was really pale. And he was sweating a lot.

Are you okay?”, I asked.

Sure. You were the one who was attacked, not me.”

But you look so pale...”

I'm just exhausted. Nothing more.”

When we arrived on the third floor, Junhyung told me to go to the practice room without him. He wanted to go to the restroom first.

I hurried into the practice room. The boys were still practicing, that was why I sat down and watched them. Several minutes later Junhyung returned and joined them. I noticed that he wasn't really focused on dancing. He seemed a bit distracted. The coach noticed it, too. He scolded Junhyung and told him to concentrate because there wasn't much time left until their comeback. Junhyung apologized and promised to give his best.

The manager interrupted the conversation. “Let's take a break. After eating dinner, you guys will have more energy.”

All the boys sat down on the floor and I gave them the boxes with food. Suddenly Junhyung stood up.

I'm not hungry.”, he said and went to the other side of the room. Then he sat down on the floor and leaned his head against the wall.

What's with him today?”, Dongwoon asked.

I have no idea.”, Doojoon said.

I kept glancing at Junhyung, considering whether I should talk to him or not. In the end I decided not to bother him. He was probably just exhausted and tired.

After dinner they continued practicing. Junhyung was still lacking in concentration and he kept making mistakes. He was once again scolded by the coach.

I was pretty sure that were something else going on with him than just exhaustion. And I was going to find it out.

After several hours we drove back to the apartment. When we walked into it, I pulled him aside to talk with him but I stopped when I saw him grimacing. When he tried to leave, I quickly went in front of him, blocking him the way.

I'm tired, Vinni. May I go into my room?”, he said.

No. What's with you shoulder?”

What about it?”

Don't lie to me.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room. ”Take off your shirt.”

He smirked. “Don't you think that it's too early for this?”

Stop fooling around. Come on, take off your shirt, I want to check something.”

He just looked at me. Then he sighed and took off his shirt. I tried to ignore the fact that he looked totally y in his tank top and went around him to check his shoulder.

Oh my gosh.

There was a big fat bruise, as big as an orange, near his right shoulder. There was also a big scratch in the middle of the bruise. Blood came out of the scratch. It looked horrible. Did he got while shielding me from the stone?

My eyes teared up. “Oh my gosh.”

It's not as bad as it looks.”, he said quietly.

Not as bad? Are you kidding me? We have to treat this wound immediately!”

He turned around and backed away. “That's not necessary. It will heal on its own.”

Stop talking nonsense. If this injury isn't treated properly, it will get infected. Let me treat your injury. Please.”

Like I said, it's not necessary.”

Come on, sit down on my bed. I want to treat your injury.”

He sighed and sat down. I quickly pulled the first-aid kit out of my bag. First I cleaned the scratch and the bruise with alcohol. Junhyung clenched his fists.

I chuckled. “Be a man and bear the pain.”

Stop talking and hurry.”, he retorted.

I laughed and continued cleaning the injury. Then I put a band aid on the scratch. After that I put a balm on the bruise.

So, I'm done. It wasn't as bad as expected, huh?”, I asked and closed the first-aid kit. Then I put it back into my bag.

Ah, now I know it!”, he said all of a sudden.

Startled, I turned around. “What?”

One of the girls who attacked you...she seemed so familiar. Now I know where I saw here before. She's one of Hara's friends.”

Hara's friend? Why would she attack me?”

I don't know.”

I was lost in thoughts, trying to figure out why Hara's friend was attacking. There was one reason but how could I prove it?

Thank you.”, he said after a while.

You're welcome.”, I said and went in front of him to check his injury. “You were really brave, do you want a piece of candy?”

He smirked. No, but I want something else.”

Before I could react, he pulled me down and kissed me. At first I froze because I was surprised. But then I closed my eyes.

I had missed him. I didn't know that I was longing for him so much.

I pushed him onto the bed and kissed him back. He grimaced because of his injury but then he put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I loved him so much. Every time his hand back, a warm feeling spread through my body. His kisses sent electricity through me.

Why did I let him go?

Then I suddenly remembered why. I stopped kissing and jumped out of bed, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

He sat up. “What's wrong?”, he asked, confusion written all over his face.

You want to know what's wrong? THIS is wrong! We shouldn't have done this!”

Vinni...”

It's not right...there is still Hara-ssi...”

When he heard her name, I could see regret on his face. That was more than I needed to know. I tried to fight back my tears and quickly opened the door.

Please go.”, I said. I didn't look at him, afraid that he would see my tears.

Vinni, I -”

GO!”

He sighed and climbed out of my bed. Then he left my room. I closed the door and jumped into my bed, pulling the blanket over me. I couldn't hold off my tears anymore.

Why did my love have to be so complicated? Why couldn't I love a person who could also love me back? Was this too much to ask for?