The Flyer.

Keeping the Dream alive.

 

Months passed.

I have been working for Halmeoni ever since then. To be honest, I really enjoyed working at this café. Mihri was a nice and kind Eonni, but she could also be strict, especially when I tended to make mistakes.

And Haeri...I still couldn't get close to her. I really tried to befriend her but she always ignored me. I didn't know why she hated me so much. These frustrating things aside, there was also another reason why I liked working at this café. This place was just like any other café, except.....the costumers were mainly celebrities!

Yes, be it girl groups, boy groups, solo artists or actors...every kind of celebrities was represented at this café. I was wondering why they all went to this place, that was why I asked Mihri.

This café is kinda hidden. It's difficult to find this place if you don't know the exact place. That's why celebrities often come to this place. They can freely enjoy their meals without being chased by fans or the media.”, she said.

I got to know many of them while working at this place for months now. Many celebrities were different than their images on Broadcast. The majority of them were very down-to-earth but there were also some who were very arrogant. But that was just a minority.

Vinni! We need more coffee!”, someone called.

Yes, I'll be there in a second!”, I answered and rushed to the counter to pick up the coffee pot.

Here you are!”, I said and put the coffee pot on their table.

Well, that took longer than a second. If you keep working this way, you won't get much tip.”, Key said and chuckled.

I smiled. “Your watch must be broken, I'm quite sure it was under a second.”

Don't tell me you have super powers? Because otherwise I don't think you're human.”, Taemin said.

Sure, during the day I'm working as a waitress and during the night, I'm jumping from roof to roof, catching criminals and keeping the city safe.” I leaned forward and whispered: “But don't tell anyone, I don't want my enemies to find out my true identity.”

The boys erupted into laughter.

Your secret is safe with us....but only if you can bring us Halmeoni's delicious pancakes.”, Minho said.

Oooh, now you're trying to blackmail me, huh?”

Nope, just take it as a fair exchange. You give us pancakes and we will keep your secret.”, Onew said and chuckled.

I laughed. “Okay. But only because I'm in a good mood today.”

I wrote down their order and went back to the counter.

Pancakes for table 5.”, I told Mihri.

Okay, noted. By the way, you sure are flirting much with our costumers.”, she said and grinned.

I nudged her gently. “I wouldn't call it 'flirting”, it's more like 'good service'.”

Mihri laughed. “Yeah, sure. If you say so. Ah, I nearly forgot, table 3 was asking for you.”

Okay, I'm on my way.”, I said and rushed off.

There you are! You shouldn't let your costumers wait, Vinni.”, Taecyeon said.

Hey, I'm just following a secret strategy. The more the costumers have to wait, the hungrier they are and the more they order.”

Junho laughed. “But don't you think that some impatient costumers will leave because of this 'secret strategy' of yours?”

That may be true, but you wouldn't do that, would you? I'm your biggest fan after all! You shouldn't disappoint your fans.”

Hey, don't use your puppy eyes on us, that's mean!”, Wooyoung said and laughed.

I grinned. “Well, as long as it's working...”

Okay, okay! We give up! You're right, your strategy is great. Now take our orders, we are starving!”, Taecyeon said.

Yes, we are 'Beastly' Idols, we need MUCH food!”, Chansung stated.

I laughed. “So, the usual, I guess?”

Yes, please. And could you bring us more coffee?”, Nichkhun asked.

Huh? But you already drank so much, it's unhealthy to drink too much coffee.”

Nichkhun smiled ruefully. “We didn't get much sleep last night and we have a full schedule today.”

Oh, I see. Sure, I'll bring you more coffee. I'll be right back!”, I said and rushed to the counter to tell Mihri their orders.

Not only did I get to know the real personalities of the celebrities, I also got to know that the life of a celebrity wasn't as sparkly as I previously thought. Many celebrities may smile brightly while being on broadcast, but that didn't mean that their smile was sincere. Lack of sleep, stress due to full schedule, hatred and bashing from Anti fans....I really admired the strength of celebrities.

Maybe that's why I wanted to create a comfortable atmosphere for them by throwing jokes or showing concern. I wanted them to find shelter in this café from the stressful world outside.

But even though I really liked working for Halmeoni, I kind felt like something was something. Everyday I had the same routine. The only places I saw were Halmeoni's house, the café and the streets between these two places. But I wanted more. I wanted to see more from this country.

Oh well, I should be grateful that Halmeoni allowed me to live in her house and to work in this awesome café. It was way better than living on the streets.

Vinni, could you lock the main doors, please? We're closing now.”, Mihri shouted from the Counter.

Okay!”, I shouted back.

Just when I wanted to lock the doors, a man rushed into the Cafe.

Uhm, excuse me...we're closing now.”, I told him.

He was out of breath that was why he needed some seconds before he could answer me.

I'm not....a costumer.....I just wanted to ask if I could put some of these flyers on your counter...”, he said.

Uhm...please wait a moment.” I turned around. “MIHRI!!”

WHAT?”, she shouted back.

Could you come here, please? I need your help!”

Okay, I'll be there in a moment!”

I heard some rustling from the counter and then Mihri joined us.

So what's the matter?”, she asked while eying the man suspiciously.

He asked if he could put some flyers on the counter.”, I told her.

She turned to the man. “What kind of flyers are these?”

We're looking for new personal assistants. All the information is on these flyers.”, he answered.

It's not something....filthy...isn't it? We do not support these kind of things.”

The man held up his hands defensively. “No no no, we are a serious company, not something...filthy.”

Hm...okay, I'll put your flyers on the counter.”, she said after a while.

The man smiled. “Thank you. I have to go now. Good evening.”, he said and rushed out.

Weird guy. Whatever, could you put these flyers on the counter after locking the doors? I have to help Haeri in the kitchen.”, Mihri said and handed me the flyers.

Sure.”, I said.

I locked the doors and returned to the counter and put the flyers on it. Haeri and Mihri were still in the kitchen, that was why I took a flyer and read it while waiting for them.

 

ARE YOU DILIGENT, FRIENDLY AND ORDERLY? DO YOU LOVE TO TRAVEL TO NEW PLACES?

 

THEN APPLY AS A PERSONAL ASSISTANT!

 

CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW!

 

Personal assistant? Exploring new places? Hmmm...tempting...Was this my chance? But what if it was all a scam?

What are you looking at?”, someone asked behind me.

I startled. “Gosh, Mihri, you scared me!”

She laughed. “Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. What are you reading?”, she asked and pulled the flyer out of my hand.

Hey!”, I exclaimed while trying to pull it out of her hands.

Huh? Don't tell me you want to apply for this job?”

No, I don't. I was just reading it out of boredom.”

So? Then why are you trying to get it back? Come on, you can't fool me. You want to leave us already?”

I sighed. “It's not that I don't like this job...it's just that I want to see more of this country...especially since my time here is limited.”

I see.” She patted my head. “But you're a great waitress and all the sweet guys will surely miss you. It also seems to me like this Minho guy really likes you.”, she said and winked.

I nudged her and laughed. “Stop talking nonsense.”

Just stating the truth, dear.”, she said and laughed.

Stop playing around, we need to go now.”, someone snapped from behind.

We turned around to see Haeri coming out of the kitchen.

Yes, sir!”, Mihri said while saluting.

I chuckled. Haeri gave me a glare and I fell silent.

Mihri, could you come earlier tomorrow? We'll get a delivery.”, Haeri asked.

Sure, no problem.”

Okay, she-” She pointed at me. “-and me will come earlier, too.”

Huh.

We left the café through the rear exit. Mihri said goodbye to us and went the opposite way. Haeri didn't talk to me when we walked home.

Okay, she never did talk to me, so it wasn't a big surprise. And after getting several glares from her, I also stopped trying.

This girl had some serious issues.

 

After half an hour, we arrived at Halmeoni's house. She was already sleeping.

If you're hungry, then make yourself food in the kitchen but don't make too much noise or you'll wake up Halmeoni. I'm going to sleep now.”, she said and went into her room.

Even though I was hungry, I didn't dare to cook something, in fear that Halmeoni would wake up from the noise. So I just went to the fridge and took out some fruits. After that I went into my room. I put my bag on the floor and sat down on the blankets. While chewing on the fruits, I pulled out a crumbled piece of paper out of my pocket.

It was the flyer from earlier.

I really wanted to apply but I couldn't get rid of of the feeling that I would betray Halmeoni and Haeri. I didn't want to appear ungrateful. But I also didn't want to let this chance slip away. I kept considering and in the end I threw the flyer into the basket.

I was indebted to Halmeoni, I should pay my debt by staying with her.

I should forget about this. I should forget about the regrets.

Yeah, the regrets.