Niente

Sinfonia

                                                                                     ~ The Third Movement ~
                                                             __________________________________________


Chapter Fifteen - Niente


“Sweetheart, are you doing fine? I have a day off tomorrow, so can I pay you a visit? I miss and love you.”

 
A small smile appeared on my lips after receiving Byunghee’s text message.
Despite the fact that he had tried for weeks to convince me that it would be hard to be together with him due to time issues, everything was perfect.
As far as I could tell, it was more likely that he would get into trouble because of me – he was obviously busier with sending me messages or giving me calls than working for his schedules.
It had only been a week now that I’ve become his girlfriend, but I still wasn’t used to all his sweet messages and calls.
The way he was writing and speaking told me more about him than all the weeks before ever could – because everything that he was doing right now showed how much he loved and cared for me.
It made me happy that he was acting that way, and I tried really hard to be like that for him as well.
I had to remind him daily to watch out for his own health because he never complained about his tiredness, although it was easy to realize that he needed some rest.
He would only smile and say that he was fine, even though he was not.
We hadn’t had the chance to meet up until our night at the rooftop, but I could already feel that the bond between us was getting stronger every day.
Byunghee wasn’t my first boyfriend – but he was the first I really loved.
It was impossible to compare him with my former boyfriend – they were like black and white.

My fingers moved automatically and typed in a reply to his message – I already knew that he won’t be able to concentrate if I didn’t.
“I’m fine – but my exams are coming up. You know, I have the feeling that my books want to assault me while I’m sleeping.  If I’m still alive tomorrow, please visit me because I miss you a lot.”
I wasn’t surprised that right after I’ve sent the message and started to go over my notes again, the display of my mobile phone started blinking once more.

Byunghee was pretty fast in answering – this was something I was already used to.

“Don’t worry, after tomorrow you will never miss me again ㅋㅋㅋㅋ”

He really loved to tease me, but this was something I liked about him – and he knew that.
Even though we distracted each other from work it made us both happy.
Because we knew that our love was pure and sincere.



~*~

I tried my best to be a good girlfriend, because I felt that I needed to protect our relationship as much as I could.
Normally I would start fighting against the pile of books again, trying to memorize every single unnecessary word which was written there – however, I decided to bake some cookies for Byunghee, since he wanted to pay me a visit.
I didn’t know when he was coming, but I wanted to be properly prepared.
To be honest – I wasn’t that good at cooking or baking; but at least it was edible – after I’ve ruined my stomach a few times.
It was a secret itself that I was able to stay alive after all my failures.
After more than one week I really wanted to see his face again, hug him tightly and tell him how much I loved him.
The cookies turned out to be pretty good, even though I wasn’t sure if he would like to eat them.
Originally, I wanted them to come out cutely heart-shaped but, despite the fact that they now resembled a triangle, they tasted somehow sweet.
Of course I was disappointed that I still lacked some skills in doing things like that, but I was eager to learn them in order to make my boyfriend happy.
There wasn’t that much I could do anyway – so I wanted to take care of him when I was able to do so.

I forced myself to leave my mobile phone and the TV alone and flipped a book open.
Ever since my school time I had problems with focusing on the main subjects – but I’ve always been ambitious. 
Knowing that I would be able to see Byunghee soon made my heart flutter again, distracting me from my upcoming exams.
I sighed deeply, glancing at the clock which was hanging on the wall.
It was already afternoon – and I hadn’t done anything productive at all.
Well, to be honest I still had these odd-formed cookies, but did that really count?
Before I could realize it, my hands automatically caught my mobile phone and started typing a message.
“Hurry up, I miss you. You don’t even know how much, you idiot. I will get hallucinations if you won’t be here in a minute.”
Okay – I admitted it.
I was completely pathetic and already obsessed with him, but even though I knew how hilarious my message was, I still sent it to him.
Silly me.
Since I couldn’t really focus on my studies anyway, I was thinking of making notes about myself and how stupid I was acting again.
When Byunghee would be here, he would tell me again that I didn’t make any sense at all.
But before I could grab my pen again, the doorbell suddenly rang.

I couldn’t stop my heart from beating loudly again, knowing who it was.
As I opened the door to my apartment, I looked into Byunghee’s perfect face, which smiled at me.
He really loved to wear black – even though I already knew that, I was always surprised how good black looked on him.
Obviously, he’d put down his sunglasses after entering the building again so that I could stare into his brown eyes right away.
“I’m just a hallucination, you know”, he playfully said. I punched his side for that, while I couldn’t stop myself from blushing.
“You don’t have to take my stupid messages seriously”, I replied, but he only chuckled.
“I have to – because it makes you cute.”
His voice was soft again and he wrapped my body in his strong arms, letting me hear his heartbeat.
He pressed me closer to him, knowing that I missed his strong embrace.
But at the same time I could feel his heart beating as fast as my own – telling me the story of how much he missed me as well.

It was hard for us to loosen the embrace, but we couldn’t stand outside the door forever.
“What’s this smell here?” he asked while he confidently walked towards my small couch.
“I tried to bake some cookies for you”, I admitted and I could see that another smile appeared on his lips.
“Really?”
He sounded that innocently enthusiastic that I suddenly felt bad that they probably wouldn’t taste that good to him.
“Do you want them?” I asked, almost like a coward, because there was no way to admit my lacking baking-skills.
“Of course”, he said and sat down on my couch as if the apartment was his own.
That was a stupid question.
I sighed inwardly and stepped to the kitchen, where I had already prepared one plate of deformed cookies.
Byunghee seemed to be really happy, and seeing him like this made me feel warm as well.
Without complaints, he took one of the cookies into his hands after I sat down right beside him.
“They are so cute”, he said with a smile.
He let the cookie glide between his fingers before he started speaking again, giving me an even brighter smile.
“It’s heart-shaped, isn’t it? Thank you for that.”
I was surprised that he had realized their original form – even for me it was hard to tell if they were supposed to be that way, or if they were just a failure.
Something inside myself told me that he knew that I failed and that I was ashamed about it.
But at the same time he showed me that he didn’t care for my failure – because he respected my work and my love for him.
The way he was looking at me with that heart-warming gaze just confirmed that intuition.
I watched him closely while he was eating the cookie, but his smile didn’t disappear.
His warm fingers touched mine, making my heart skipping once again.
Byunghee leaned forward, carefully placing his forehead on mine.
“They taste good.”
Our lips touched for a short moment – it was only a small kiss, but it was effective.
“They taste as good as you”, he added and I had to smile at his words.

Being beside him made me forget everything else – even the panic for my exams.
It was only us – sitting on my small couch, our hands clinched into each other.
We didn’t need that many words to communicate – just being there together was enough for us both.
Our relationship was still really pure, so we didn’t dare to interrupt our moments with unnecessary words.
Sometimes Byunghee moved his head to give me a small kiss on my forehead before he would return to watching TV.
And at times it was me who nestled to him, trying to show my love for him again.

“I have a present for you”, he said calmly, slightly turning his head.
I felt my affection for him growing once again, leading to a bright smile on my lips.
He was just so sweet that I couldn’t put it into words.
“You don’t have to get me anything – just being with you is enough.”
But he acted like he hadn’t heard me, diving one of his hands into his pocket.
“Close your eyes”, he requested gently, giving me one of his beautiful smiles again.
I couldn’t decline his wish and closed my eyes.
My heart was beating mercilessly, and I could feel his fingers on my hand, gently it.
His breath hit my cheeks and I couldn’t stop myself from blushing.
I could feel something cold on my wrist, but I wasn’t sure what it was.
After he finished what he was doing he gave me a kiss, but before I could return it he had already ended it.
“Open your eyes.”
I instantly looked at my wrist and saw a small bracelet around it, made of tiny, white beads.
It was pretty and simple.
“I’m wearing the same”, he said and lifted his own wrist as proof.
Besides another black-beaded bracelet there was exactly the same bracelet I was wearing.
“I told you – you won’t miss me again. It’s from Chrome Hearts, one of my favourite brands.”
I couldn’t express how much I wanted to thank him for the way he was.
“Thank you”, I whispered and gave him a smile.
“You don’t have to thank me. Stay the way you are.”

And this was the reason why our relationship gave us the feeling that it was special.
Because it didn’t matter how far apart we were – we would still think about each other.
I hoped that this kind of relationship would hold forever.
Just because we needed one another.