Kyuhyun and MinWook - Letting Go

A Collection of Super Junior One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And Kyuhyun freezes. Just as he is. Just as /they/ are. His arms are wrapped protectively around the other's lithe waist, and though the picture is frozen, the sounds continue. The sounds of painful sobs. The sounds of whispered questions that he didn't know how to answer. The sounds of Ryeowook begging for another chance with the man he loved.

But the man he loved was not Kyuhyun. It never had been.

For when Kyuhyun watched the beautiful, eternal, maknae, this hyung's eyes were always on another. Ryeowook's deep, chocolate brown orbs always fixated on Sungmin without hesitation, and full of the most innocent love.

How perfect they were together. Always so sweet. Sungmin would whisper to Ryeowook, and they would giggle, or the younger would blush, and Kyuhyun would feel the jealousy bubble inside of him. He would feel the metaphoric blade dig deeper into his flesh. But he said nothing. Had never once voiced his true thoughts. He never once told Ryeowook that he wanted him in every way possible. Instead, he stood back and smiled as best as he could.

Because these two were always. Perfect.

But now, as time unfreezes itself, Kyuhyun is left with the sweetest boy in the world held lovingly in his embrace. Held close so that he could shelter the elder from the rest of the world. Held close so that nobody could ever steal him away. And though his heart called out for Ryeowook, praying to be heard, his mind stayed much more level.

He was nothing more than a friend to this man. And that's all that he ever would be. He knew this all too well, and dared not allow himself to think different.

Although he loved Ryeowook, he loved him so much, he was something that he could never reach.

Kyuhyun had never been, and never will be good enough for Ryeowook. He couldn't say the right things at the right times. He couldn't show him the affections that the older deserved. He couldn't give Ryeowook the world, or even the things that he wanted. He could never be delicate or sweet enough, not the way that Sungmin could. All he had to offer was unconditional love and support... but how could that ever be enough for the man who should have everything?

The maknae the shorter man's hair, rubs his back, whispers kind things to him... he does everything he is certain that he should do, and he puts his heart into it. He truly wants Ryeowook to be with Sungmin again. He really wants everything to work out. For them to surpass this bump in the road. He wants Sungmin to swoop in and bless Ryeowook with candy kisses and warming hugs. Because Ryeowook deserves nothing less than the absolute best. This much was, Kyuhyun is c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter