Kyuwook

A Collection of Super Junior One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Just fixing a few spelling mistakes and replying to a question~ ^^
There will probably be /mostly/ Kyuwook in these one shots C: I can't get enough of them ;u; But, if you have something else to suggest, please don't hesitate~ I'm open for pretty much anything~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence. Ryeowook needed to have persistence if he wanted Kyuhyun.  That's what Sungmin had said. Persistence and patience. And maybe a miracle. Kyuhyun had made it very clear that this last piece was crucial. Without a miracle, this would never work. Ryeowook knew that all too well. If only Sungmin had realized this before accidentally getting the boy's hopes up. Watching the younger male silently, Ryeowook could feel that aching in his heart that came with the things that had been said just last night. It was almost too painful to recall, but against his will, the memory lingered in his mind, on his lips, on his fingertips, all around him, taking over everything that he did.   "I'm /not/ gay!" Kyuhyun had shouted, fists clenched harshly at his sides. To stop himself from hitting the smaller man, he reached up and knocked his laptop off its place on the desk with a simple swipe of his fist, sending it flying against the wall. Ryeowook tried to hush the boy, afraid of waking up the rest of the members. He needed a way to calm him down... but truth be told, he had never seen Kyuhyun so angry. And it was terrifying. "K-Kyu, please calm down. I never said..." The elder boy's voice stayed almost silent, coming out shakily and hesitantly. He didn't know what to say, and he was horrified of angering the other any further. "It was /implied/!" He growled, his voice much quieter, but still just as harsh. Before now, Ryeowook had never known that somebody could vociferate so quietly, but Kyuhyun had managed, "Why would you... why would you ever tell me something like that if you hadn't thought I was gay?"  "I just thought..." "Well, you thought wrong." Kyuhyun's voice was beginning to tremble just a bit, and Ryeowook didn't know what to make of this. Tears slipped down the older male's cheeks, and he squeaked an apology. Again, and again, he apologized in that same way. As his apologies ended, the crying seemingly never ending, a few small hiccups left him, like a child whom had continued to cry long after being told to stop. He couldn't breathe. All he'd done was confessed to Kyuhyun, exactly what Sungmin had told him he should do. And now they were fighting again. Or, rather, Kyuhyun was fighting and Ryeowook was just repeating that he was sorry. There was nothing else that he /could/ do.  Along with the hiccups came sobs. They were quiet, almost silent, but very obvious. His chest was heaving and his face was flushed. The eternal maknae was trying so hard, so damned hard, to stop this. To stop himself from looking even more of a fool than he already did.  He had thought for sure that Kyuhyun felt something for him. But apparently he was wrong. He squeezed his eyes shut and whispered one more apology before biting down on his bottom lip harshly, trying, again, to stop the sobs from leaving him. And the maknae's eyes softened. Seeing Ryeowook crying like this, with his eyes closed so that he didn't have to look into the eyes of the person that had caused him this suffering... it was difficult to handle. His hands hesitantly reached out for the shorter man before quickly shooting back to his sides. Ryeowook, though he looked so beautifully innocent, was like fire. He was not something to be touched. Biting his bottom lip, Kyuhyun willed himself to speak again. "I'm going to go sleep on the couch." And by now, his voice held pain and frustration, clearly upset with himself for being so harsh and insensitive. Clearing his throat then taking a deep breath, Kyuhyun turned and walked out of the room, silently shutting the door behind him and leaving Ryeowook to collapse on the bed, crying himself into a troubled slumber.   His fingers clasped around his microphone, and he instantly remembered that they were on stage, in the middle of introductions to a crowd of thousands of fans. Giving as sincere of a smile as he could muster, he took a small bow and introduced himself to the people that were already calling his name.  To the people that didn't personally know him, but loved him none the less. People whom would be hurt to know that he had been hurt.  Because Super Junior and ELF... they're like a giant family.   He tried his hardest, through the entire set of performances, to clear his mind and allow himself to think only of making his fans, /their/ fans, happy. And, truthfully, he did rather well. But, backstage was where the members could tell something was definitely wrong. There were no playful antics or even words from the eternal maknae, and his silence was causing some concern. "Ryeowook-ah?" Sungmin's gentle voice caressed his dongsaeng's aching ears and thoughts, though he knew what was coming next. It was something that he wasn't fully prepared to answer just yet,"What's wrong?" Ryeowook glanced up at him and gave a sweet, halfhearted, smile, obviously unable to come up with a proper excuse. So, of course, this left him with the 'default' answer in a situation like this. "It's nothing, hyung~ Just thinking~" He lied, forcing a happy smile. To anyone else, it would have come of as sincere. Though, Sungmin knew the boy too well to believe this, and he raised a brow in incredulity. He placed a hand on the younger boy's shoulder and leaned a bit closer.  "Ryeowook... you can tell me." Sungmin assured him, moving to take a seat in the chair beside him so that the atmosphere would seem somewhat more comfortable. Or, so he hoped. With a sigh, the dongsaeng shook his head. He didn't want to tell Sungmin... but, at the same time, he wanted to talk about it, rather than letting it fester inside of him. And, honestly, Sungmin was his closest friend aside from Kyuhyun. Nonetheless, he kept silent and looked down at his hands, fidgeting uncomfortably on his lap. The elder didn't seem pleased that Ryeowook was unwilling to tell him, but he decided not to push the issue any further. At least not right now. He knew that this was the worst thing that he could do when the boy seemed so distant.  "We'll talk later, okay?" The older man gave the most comforting smile that he possibly could, and even leaned down to kiss his dongsaeng's temple, brushing that dark hair from the boy's face. "I just want to make sure that you're alright. We'll be going back to the dorms in a few minutes, so join the rest of us soon, alright?" And with that, Sungmin turned and walked away quietly.   That night, Sungmin lead the younger boy into the room that he shared with Yesung. Kyuhyun had returned to his and Ryeowook's room immediately after they all arrived at home, so that definitely wasn't an option. They needed to be alone. Sungmin gave Yesung the warning that he would need some time alone with the eternal maknae, which Yesung somewhat unwillingly gave to them. After all, didn't they trust him enough to let him know what was going on, too?   Sitting on Sungmin's bed, side by side, the elder allowed a long silence to help Ryeowook sort out his thoughts. He knew that whatever was troubling him wouldn't be easy to speak about, and he hoped that these last few minutes of preparation would be enough to let him know that he wasn't being forced into speaking about it. "Now, Wookie-ah, please tell me what's wrong." But, the look in his eyes proved that he already knew. Or, at least had an idea about it. Ryeowook wasn't the only person that had been acting strange all day. Kyuhyun had seemed more distant as well, and refused to speak to anyone. He didn't come off as angry, but he appeared to be lost in thought most of the day. Lost in thought, and annoyed. "I told him..." Ryeowook managed to whisper, feeling his heart in his throat, making it much more difficult to speak. How he had even uttered those three words was beyond his own comprehension. Sungmin kept quiet. If the reaction from Kyuhyun had been a positive one, neither of them would have acted the way they did today. No wonder this precious boy had seemed so troubled all day... he was heartbroken. Now, he just had to find out exactly what had happened. Unfortunately, Ryeowook didn't say anything else on his own, and this meant that Sungmin had to prod him to get him to continue. "It... didn't go well?" He assumed, already winding his arm around Ryeowook's waist in preparation for the tears. "He yelled. A-And he...he... hyung, I've never seen him so angry. I thought he would hit me!" And just as Sungmin had expected, the boy collapsed into his arms, his whole body shaking as he sobbed, "He won't even look at me anymore! I-I thought that... I thought that even if he didn't like me back, h-he would still be my friend. B-But now he can't even be near me... What am I supposed to do? H-He hates me. He really hates me. And... I just... I-I don't know... I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know how to stop him from hating me."  Sungmin held him close, tucking the younger boy's head under his chin as he rubbed his back. He didn't know what else to do right then. He didn't even know what to say in response. It took him some time to think about his dongsaeng's words before coming to the conclusion that he had been trying to avoid. "I'm sorry, Wook. This was my fault. I told you to tell him that you liked him. I should have made sure that he liked you back, first. I never wanted you to get hurt." The blonde closed his eyes and sighed, clearly upset with himself, but mostly upset with Kyuhyun. He could have handled the situation much better than that. There was no reason to be angry with Ryeowook, and there was /definitely/ no reason to yell or avoid him. As he rocked the boy in his arms like a child, he could feel him calming down. His breathing became more regular and his tight grip on his hyung lightened, only a few sniffles escaping him here and there. Time seemed to freeze, and when it finally unfroze, almost an hour had passed of the two staying in this one position. Glancing down at the calmed boy in his arms, Sungmin realized that he had managed to cry himself to sleep. With a light chuckle, he shifted, helping Ryeowook to lie down. It would be best if they slept together tonight, rather than sending him back to his room with Kyuhyun. Besides, he already seemed so peaceful, there was no way that he was willing to wake him up. Quietly, he left to find Yesung, whom had patiently been waiting for the opportunity to return to their room. "Hyung..." Sungmin whispered, finding him sitting on the couch beside a sleeping Siwon, "You can come to bed now. Ryeowook-ah is going to be sleeping with us tonight, if you don't mind." "Of course I don't mind. But... what's wrong with him? I hate seeing him looking so upset." Yesung's voice stayed hushed as well, not wanting to wake up the man that was now cuddling lightly against his side. "Well... I... I probably shouldn't tell you." Sungmin muttered, moving to sit on the arm of the couch beside his hyung, "Though, it couldn't hurt anything, I don't think." After a small conflict with himself and continual prodding from the older male, he finally decided to lean in closer to whisper it all in Yesung's ear. Or, at least, every detail that he knew. There was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter