Kyuwook - Do You Remember?

A Collection of Super Junior One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For deciding to go on a hiatus starting tonight (well, it's almost 6am now, so this morning?), I sure have been writing a lot :\ (3rd one shot that I've written and posted since I said I was stopping for a while)
Apparently if I want to be in the mood to write, all I have to do is decide /not/ to write, then ideas for one shots and drabbles attack me.
But, really, this all started because I was looking at Kyuwook pictures and imagined them looking at the pictures together in the future, saying "Do you remember _____?"
This is a bit sad and a bit angsty, though I had originally planned for it to be something much more sweet. But, you know how much I adore torturing these poor boys ;~;
Anyway, this is the last one for right now and I /PROMISE/ that the next one I post will be the MinWook one shot!!!
I tried a slightly new style in how it's set up, with memories and such mixing with what's happening /now/, so I hope it's not too confusing. Obviously, as normal, italics are the memories~
Please enjoy ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you remember?" The words linger. The breeze stills.
"Do you remember when we first met?" Kyuhyun closes his eyes and is teleported far away, thrown into the past with simple words.
"My name is Cho Kyuhyun."
"My name is Kim Ryeowook."
As if caught in that time, cherry blossoms come from nowhere, warming this icy night into a spring time wonderland. The pitch black sky lightens into soft blue. The clouds no longer hang menacingly in the air, but fluff like cotton candy and shimmer with silver lining. The sun beats down as midnight brightens into day.
"I think it's going to rain." Ryeowook was young then, 8, if Kyuhyun remembers correctly. Meaning that he had been about the same age.
"Why would it rain, babo?! The sky looks too nice to do that!" Kyuhyun chuckles to himself as his own voice rings out in his mind. Even then he'd always been too sure of himself. Maybe even a bit arrogant. And perhaps that's part of the reason that this is all happening.
"But it feels like it's going to rain."
"You don't know anything, do you? You're stupid." Has he always been so cruel to the older boy? Even that one fateful day when they met on the playground of a seaside park had been filled with mean remarks. But then... then they were young. That cruelty only meant he liked Ryeowook. What is his excuse for his harsh words /now/? Maybe it's brought about by love. Love that he doesn't feel he should have.
As if simply to taunt Kyuhyun, the sky began to cry. Just lightly at first, but steadily increasing its flow. Luckily, Ryeowook had his purple umbrella with him, purple /has/ always been Ryeowook's favorite color, and he opened it above their heads, moving closer to the younger boy to keep him dry, too.
"I told you it would rain." Such simple times. Kyuhyun can remember blushing when the other had giggled at him. He can remember that, in that moment, standing under the umbrella with this boy that he'd just met, he vowed to himself that he would protect him forever. Because there was something special about Ryeowook. Something that he'd been drawn to immediately.
He sits on the bench, listening to the clouds rumble and the icy water tap rapidly against everything. It's like a song. A sad song trying to chill him to the bone. But he makes no move to keep himself covered. He can hardly feel it, anyway. He's far too numb to feel much of anything.
"Do you remember when you asked me to be your boyfriend?" Why do these questions replay in his head? Why are they attacking him like this?! All they're doing is angering him!
The last year of middle school together. The last /day/. Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook's hand in the middle of the cafeteria, not caring who was looking, and nervously spoke to the 16 year old.
"Ryeowook... we've known each other for a really long time now..." What a silly moment this was, if simply because the younger was never good at saying things like this out loud. Another downfall in what could have been perfect, "and... I was just... I mean, if you don't want to, it's okay but... would you maybe... would you be my boyfriend?" The image of shocked faces, most disgusted, stick in his mind. Why does a relationship between two men have to be taboo? Why can't it just be simple like that between a boy and a girl? But Ryeowook and he have always... /had/ always... made it through everything just fine. They made it through the harsh comments, the bullying, the criticisms. They made it through the name calling, the taunting, the shunning. Because they had each other.
No. They /have/ each other. They will /always/ have each other. That's how this works, right?
"Of course." How could two small words have such an affect on somebody? Even now, Kyuhyun doesn't quite understand it. But, then again, love isn't something to be understood. It's something to be felt, not thought about. This is something he took some time to figure out.
The smaller was lifted, spun, the kind of thing that happens to all the beautiful girls in all of the romance movies. Kyuhyun kissed his cheek, too afraid to press their lips together, and they trap themselves inside a gorgeous world when their eyes lock and Ryeowook is back on his feet.
Here, Kyuhyun bites his bottom lip. He should never have asked Ryeowook something like that with so many other people around. But, at the time, all he had wanted was for everyone to know that this boy belonged to him. Would /always/ belong to him. No matter what.
Names started getting thrown at the pair, shouts of "fags" and "freaks" and profanities much too harsh for school assaulted them. And that's not all. A larger boy from their class approached and punched Ryeowook hard, calling him filthy, no good. All because he had agreed to be with Kyuhyun? The younger of the two couldn't stand this. Couldn't tolerate it. Nobody was allowed to hurt Ryeowook. And when he saw tears leak from the smaller boy's eyes, he needed no more provocation. Before anyone could blink, Kyuhyun had that boy pinned, hitting him repeatedly, letting all of his anger at all of these people come out each time his fist made contact with soft flesh.
Teachers had come to pull them apart, seriously afraid that Kyuhyun might kill the boy if he wasn't stopped. And though they kept the couple as safe as possible for the rest of the day, they couldn't keep them safe forever. No matter where they ran, they were followed by hate. Scrupulous hate.
Kyuhyun's breaths come out shakily, he's holding nothing but his hands fumble anyway. Everything is always his fault, isn't it? He wants to call Ryeowook. He wants to hear his voice. He wants to feel his arms around him again. But he knows he can't. The warmth of his tears offset the cold water still landing upon his face, looking up towards the dark, starless, sky. If he could find his voice, he would scream out right now. But for the moment, his ability to vocalize a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter