Korean Cinderella

I Did It for Love

(A/N: Hi everyone! Keke, thanks for reading. ^_^ Even though I have 4 comments only, I'm extremely grateful. <3 Thank you: seokykyuEycha_ys83, jinnie, and dcyseokyu! SEOKYU FIGHTING! <3333 

P.S. Follow me on tumblr if you want! go-gu-ma.tumblr.com :) I'll follow back.) 

"Wear something pretty."

That same phrase ran through her mind all day. Wear something pretty? The only "pretty" she owned was a ruffly, washed-out blue skirt and a white blouse and that didn't say too much. Also, putting into consideration that the other guests would be major business owners, so extremely formal was a must. What was she going to do? This definitely wouldn't give off a good impression at all. 

Earlier in the morning, Kyuhyun had come to pick up the sweets. It was brief and earlier than usual, since he had school to attend. Since they would be able to talk later, there was no point in making long conversation.  

For the rest of the morning, she had nothing to do but read and worry about finding something to wear.

 

"So, how'd it go yesterday?" 

Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly as he and Ryeowook walked to the nearest sushi place for lunch. "Well. . .it went good."

"Ooh! Explain!' Ryeowook demanded eagerly. 

"We baked for about two hours. . .I didn't do anything, don't worry."

A Cheshire Cat grin formed on Ryeowook's face. "And?"

"And what?" He knew what Wookie meant, but for some reason he was nervous to say it.

"Did you ask her?"

"Yeah. . ."

"And?" He was getting slightly impatient. 

"And she said yes."

Kyuhyun earned a hard pat on the back. 

"So it'll be the three of us! Right?" 

He nodded.

"Do you know what she's planning to wear?" Ryeowook asked snidely, while opening the door to the sushi restaurant.

Was Wookie trying to fluster him? He walked in and took a seat at the nearest table, picking up the menu. "I-I don't know."

Ryeowook sat across from him and did the same, eyeing him carefully over the menu. "Does she have money?" He asked in monotone.

He put down the menu. Tempura Rolls were his all-time favorite. "Yeah," he said, "I gave her over four-hundred."

The waitress came, and flirted with them a little. Kyu didn't want to seem rude, but he never replied. After she took their order and left, Ryeowook said:

"You care about her, don't ya?"

"Well, of course I do. . .You do too." 

"You like her, don't ya?"

What was he getting at?

"What do you mean by 'like'?"

"Do you like, like her?"

Ryeowook was asking for way too much information.  Even though they were like brothers, some things were hard to reveal. His feelings for Seohyun were one of them. 

"Do you like her?" He snapped.

"She's my friend," Wookie said, "but that's all she will ever be. You like her."

Kyu gulped, and his friend laughed.

"Hah, you're blushing!" he continued. "So you do like her! I knew it!"

"I-I guess so. . ." It was the truth, he really did. 

Before Ryeowook could reply, the waitress came back with their rolls, and they ate like typical men would. You know the words: the food was gone in less than five minutes.

"Wanna know something?" He said wiping his mouth.

"What?"

"I'm pretty sure she likes you, too."

This caused him to almost fall off his seat. "W-What? You're kidding." 

He was so kidding! Kyu thought. That . . .

The waitress came back with the bill, not bothering to talk to either of them. Ryeowook took the honors of paying it.

"Sorry I can't stay for longer," he apologized, "but I have places to be." He noogied Kyu, and ran off.

"Gee, thanks."

So what he was ditching school for the rest of the day?

He had plans, which he hadn't spoken of. A good plan, to help a good friend. 

 

 

"You're taking me where?"

"We're going to get you a dress."

Seohyun was being dragged around town by her best friend. A dress? Why was he doing this for her? She would be fine getting one on her own.

"Ryeowook, I can handle shopping by myself!"

"I just want you to look your best. . .this is a big event."

Of course, that wasn't the real reason why. He led her into a small boutique full of formal dresses. 

"Seohyun, take a look around."

She nodded, and paced around the store, carefully eyeing each dress. There were all kinds of dresses, varying from thigh-long sapphire ones with ruffles on the bottom to sophisticated magenta dresses that stretched all the way down to the ankle. But only one dress really caught her eye.

"How does this look?" She spun around once.

She looked like a real princess.The dress complement every one of her aspects. It was strapless and a light, peachy-cream color--a shade barely any darker than her skin tone-- and dropped slightly below her knees. From the waist down, it was covered in ruffles. 

His jaw literally dropped. "It looks. . .great."

"Thank you!" Seohyun smiled and went back into the changing room. When she got out, she found Ryeowook already waiting by the cash register. 

"I'll pay for it." He offered.

She took out her wallet from her purse, shaking her head. She had enough money, so there was no point in having someone else pay!

"The total comes out to be...six-hundred dollars." The cashier said.

That was nearly all the money she had. She felt herself going pale. "I...uh..."

Ryeowook laughed. "That's why I'll pay for it."

"I'm so sorry..." For some reason, she felt like an apology was necessary. But  he was rich enough to get a weekly allowance of $600. 

"It's my pleasure. I can't wait to see the look on--" He stopped himself on time. Hopefully she didn't hear him. To his luck, she didn't. The cashier swept his credit card and returned it to him. "Do you need shoes?" He asked.

She nodded. "Maybe I can pay for those this time."

 

After she took her bag, he led her to a designer shoe store. Why such high-end things? I'm not worth spending so much money on. 

There were shoes everywhere. All kinds of shoes, too. 

"Have you ever walked in heels?" He asked.

"No. . ." 

Walking in heels looked difficult. Seohyun, who happened to be clumsy, never had an opportunity to try. Mrs. Kim didn't own a pair. 

"Well you're smart. You can probably teach yourself in minutes."

"Do I need to wear heels?"

"It would probably be best if you did. . .Go look around."

She came back with a pair of four inch, black heels. "Do these look okay?"

He nodded. "Normal enough."

After she got the proper size and Ryeowook payed, they left and he walked her home.

"Thank you so much!" Seohyun exclaimed, hugging him. "If it weren't for you, I would go in rags."

He chuckled. "It's the least I can do for my friend."

"So you'll be there tonight?"

"Yup. I want to see my donsaeng looking pretty." He winked. 

"Oh please!" She looked away. 

"I'm only being honest, yeesh. . ." He mumbled while opening the door. "Kyu's going to be impressed."