Leaving Impressions

I Did It for Love

(A/N: YAY! Chapter 10! This is going to be a loooong story...xD Kangin is officially came back to us on Sunday! Woo! <3333 4/15/12, remember the date! SUJU FIGHTING! Once again, thank you for the awesome comments! Eycha_ys83; NurazChan; chloe1203; dcyseokyu; aLiceLee; seokykyu; jinnie. You guys are great. :D P.S. I was really looking forward to writing this chapter. Enjoy! P.S.S. Follow me on tumblr if you want! go-gu-ma.tumblr.com :) I'll follow back.

P.S.S.S. I just got back to school...from spring break. So my updates may not be as quick. :/ I'll still try as soon as possible. <3) 

Seohyun spun around in a full circle, looking at herself in the mirror. 
 
"You look like a princess." Mrs. Kim said in astonishment.
 
"D-Do you really mean that?" She was shocked as well. The girl in the mirror's reflection looked like a completely different person.
 
"Of course I do. Now when will you be leaving?"
 
"Soon, I think." She wondered what Kyuhyun would think.
 
"And can I trust this man?" Mrs. Kim asked, brushing out her daughter's hair. 
 
"Mrs. Kim, he's a Cho. I really think so."
 
"Do you like him?"
 
"Well. . ." She had never admitted it to anyone else. "I-I do. . .sort of."
 
"Sort of? You don't need to feel uncomfortable about voicing your feelings, dear. This is simply a mother-to-daughter conversation between you and me. Right?" She chuckled reassuringly. 
 
Her guardian was right--if Seohyun was to express herself to anyone, she was the right person to go to. Besides Ryeowook. But that would probably create an awkward tension between them.
 
"Yes, I do. . ."
 
Mrs. Kim smiled. 
 
"But I haven't known him for very long, either. . ." Seohyun had often watched movies where women confessed their "love" for a man after only a hour or two of speaking. They were easy, she thought. Yet, she wouldn't consider herself anywhere near easy. Was she? 
 
Mrs. Kim cleared . "So you think it's, hm. . .love at first sight?"
 
She nearly tripped over her heels at the question. 
 
"Yes. . ." she said quietly. That was sort of how it went. For her, at least.
 
"Does he like you, too?" 
 
"I doubt he thinks of me as anything more than a friend. . ." 
 
"Well, good luck. Don't hurt yourself."
 
"I won't."
 
As they stopped talking, the door opened. 
 
"You should go, dear. Tell me how it goes later. Don't come back too late!"
 
Seohyun gave her a quick peck on the cheek and walked out to him. Luckily, she had adapted to walking in heels in only. . .hours? 
 
 
 
She looked flawless from head to toe. It took nearly all of Kyuhyun's strength to keep his jaw from dropping to the ground. He couldn't hide how utterly impressed he was, even if he tried. Her long, pin-straight hair flowed down her back gracefully, and the dress gave her a goddess-like touch. If he were to take a magazine full of beautiful models and compare it to her, she would give them a run for their money.
 
Seohyun giggled awkwardly. Dammit, he was staring!
 
"Y-You look really pretty..." he stammered. 
 
She bowed, smiling. That smile never left her face, and it was enough to make him smile, too. "You look really nice, too."
 
He was taken aback by her complement. Out of all people, he didn't deserve to hear that from her. "Should we go?"
 
"Yes," she nodded and took his hand as he held it out to her.
 
Out of politeness, Kyu held the door opened for her. His shock had still not surpassed. 
 
"My car is this way." He pointed to the left as soon as they began walking. 
 
"You drive?" 
 
"Since recently." Driving was something he was perfectly good at, even though he had only been certified for a matter of months. He took the keys from his pocket and unlocked the car. It was nothing flashy, like a Ferrari, but still classy and fast. "Can you?"
 
I wish. She thought. Her family didn't even own a car. "No."
 
"Oh, well, maybe I can teach you one day." He winked, opening the shotgun door like a gentleman, and she could feel her heart flutter.
 
"Thank you." She said and got in. A few seconds later, he was in the car as well. 
 
"You aren't nervous, are you?" He chuckled softly. The look on her face looked composed, but slightly nervous. "Don't be. You look lovely, and I'm positive that you will blend in well." 
 
Just hearing it form him eased her nerves.
 
Like he thought before, she looked lovelier than anyone else at the party.
 
From the moment that they walked in, hand-in-hand,  eyes were on them. Older couples bowed and cooed them, similar to the ladies at his mother's art studio. They would say foolish, awkwardly kind things, such as "Oh! I wish you were my daughter!" and "I wish my children behaved as politely as you do!"
 
If Seohyun thought she was too formal, then the other women there must have been over-the-top. Which they were, though.
 
After making their way through the thick crowd of elderly snobs, Kyuhyun heard a whistle similar to a bird's. They turned around simultaneously.
 
"Ryeowook!"
 
He bowed politely, like everyone else had. He held a glass of wine in his hand and kept a smug look on his face.
 
"Are you two dating? You complement each other so well!" He joked mockingly.
 
"Very funny, Ryeowook." Seohyun giggled. 
 
"I'm not joking. You do complement each other." He took a tiny sip of his wine.
 
"He's drunk, Seohyun. Don't take it asn an insult." Kyu advised. 
 
An insult? She didn't understand what he meant. "What do you mean? That's a complement."
 
He smiled, putting a finger to his lip and shooting a glare at his friend. Knock it off! He seemed to say. 
 
"Would you like us to give you a tour of the house?" Ryeowook asked. "I know it as well as he does."
 
"I would get lost, wouldn't I?" It seemed completely obliged. The building was nearly the size of a palace! Not to mention that Seohyun had a way of getting lost..."
 
"Not if your boyfriend is holding onto you." He said snidely. 
 
The two of them gasped. Yes, they were holding hands, but it was no more than a friendly thing. 
 
"She's not my girlfriend!" 
 
Yet.
 
A/N: I'm sorry for making the chapter so short...I just needed something to keep you all waiting. I came back to school yesterday from Spring Break, and the teachers have crammed me with homework....Sorry! <3