Glow

I Did It for Love

A/N: Annyeong readers~! This chapter will be shorter than the others. It'll be written differently, too. :3 Enjoy!

P.S. Follow my tumblr~!  go-gu-ma.tumblr.com

KYUHYUN'S POV:

The sound of the front door shutting and a car's engine roaring to life told me that it was okay to wake up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed, staring at my cell phone screen as it . It was 11:15, which was later than I usually wake up. It didn't matter, though. There was nothing to do in the first place. I took my shirt off and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Since my father didn't approve of me walking around shirtless, and he wasn't there, I didn't care. Disobeying him, even out of his presence, always made me feel somewhat free.

Someone had already prepared a plate of pancakes for me. On the plate, there was a sticky note that read:

Good morning, Dear! I had to step out to the studio for the day, so these pancakes are my apology to you. I suggest you heat them up for three minutes in the microwave, before eating. Have a nice day!

P.S. Will you come by the studio later on today? Everyone wants to see you, it's been a while.

Love, Umma

A small smile grew on my face as I read the note. My mother is an incredible artist, and she works at her studio whenever she can. Up until last year, she would take me with her every Saturday. Her co-workers would coddle over me, which always made me feel uncomfortable. But they were nice people, and I didn't mind too much.

I put the pancakes into the microwave and set it for three minutes. When they were ready, I took out a fork and scarfed them down. Mom's cooking is incredible, and the sweetness of the pancakes surely woke me up. But they weren't as good as the cupcakes.

For the next hour or so, I played Starcraft and shouted at the computer. I was an agressive gamer, and playing video games was one of my top favorite things to do. I stopped when I was way too frustrated to continue. That's how it always was. The moment that I felt furious enough to throw the computer out the window was when I stopped.

Around the afternoon, I got a text from my mother.

When are you coming?

-Mom

I hauled myself upstairs and put on a grey long-sleeved shirt and jeans, then grabbed a pair of boots and my coat.

I'm going now.

-Kyu

I stumbled down the stairs and out the door, into the freezing cold. The temperature hadn't heated up at all. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a text from Mom.

I suggest you take the bus...it's too cold, and I don't want you getting sick!

-Mom

If I were to take the bus, I would still end up getting sick. The walk from my neighborhood to the bus stop took about twenty minutes. Twenty minutes of walking in the freezing cold, plus waiting for the bus itself, was about the same as twenty minutes of standing in the pouring rain. I could feel my teeth chattering as I walked, just like with Wookie last week.

By the time I got there, it seemed miraculous that I didn't get frostbite. I sat down on the cold bench by the sidewalk and fumbled to take out my phone, which felt like it was in a freezer for two hours. Somehow, I managed to text, even with numb fingers.

I'm at the bus stop, don't worry.

-Kyu

Now I had to wait for the actual bus to come. How long would it take for me to finally freeze to death? Damn it...

There was a young girl sitting against the run-down building across from me. Her long, dark, wavy hair fell over her face. She was slightly huddled over, reading a book. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear...Seohyun.

All thoughts and complaints about the harsh temperature left my head. I wanted to go up to her and greet her, talk to her, and listen to her speak about the book she was reading. But at the same time, I didn't. She looked so absorbed by the book, and if I bothered her, she would probably hold some kind of grudge. I had the urge to ask why she was sitting outside, when she didn't need to. She looked so tranquil, as if the cold wasn't bothering her at all. I felt tranquil too, just by staring at her.

Then I heard the sound of a giant vehicle coming to a halt close by. The fume of exhaust was in the air, and I tried not to cough. It was the bus. The doors opened and I stood up, taking one last look at her as she flipped another page. The cold rushed back into my body for a second, but then I climbed in and sat down. My body gradually regulated itself to natural warmth.

I decided to send another text to Mom.

Almost there.

-Kyu