Listen To You

I Did It for Love

Seohyun gently placed her hand over a warm spot on her cheek. The spot where he had kissed her. Although she was already home, the jittery feeling in her stomach hadn't left. 

He kissed me... 

Well, he didn't really kiss her. It was just a peck on the cheek. But...even more than that, he liked her. He really did. It was as if an invisible, nonexistent genie had come and granted her wish. All of them, in only just a month. How much more could happen? She wondered where she would be in two weeks, maybe even one. 

She lay in her bed, befuddled. An old diary was resting open, on her lap. Inscribed in fresh ink was:

He likes me. I'm certain he does. Tonight, he kissed me...Well, it was on the cheek. But that counts, right? And he said so! I feel the same way I did at that moment. What if I feel like this forever? I know it's cliche, but I really do like him...a lot. But now what? He kissed me on the cheek. What if it gets awkward from then on? An awkward tension is all I don't need right now.

Enough of the worry and negativity. Nothing will get in my way of being with him, right? And Ryeowook will help me. He always does. Or at least, he has so far... I need to see him again...Them, I mean. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. Gah, I can't wait any longer!

Knowing that there was no hope of seeing him for the rest of the day, she decided to go to sleep. It was nearly midnight, much past her usual sleeping time. Whenever she was nervous, Seohyun would always go to sleep for the sake of speeding up the process. She put the diary away, said a quick, thorough prayer, turned off the lights, and fell asleep.

 

 

Kyuhyun sat alone in his room, guitar in hand. He strummed variations of chords quietly, trying to see which one sounded the best. 

"This one sounds just about right..." He mumbled, while writing down the name of the chord on a sheet of paper. Writing it down wasn't necessary; he had good memory. Photographic memory would be a better term for it. Writing songs and memorizing them was never a problem.

But this time, it was a problem. He couldn't concentrate. It was early in the morning, and he had dozed off while trying to organize a song the night before. That night, he finally confessed his love. And to his surprise, she didn't oppose against him. Things went exactly how he wanted. Except, he forgot to ask her a very important question.

Maybe it was too soon, though... he thought. 

He needed a special way to ask her out. Kyuhyun was an extravagant young man. Always looking for the best, most out-there ways to do things. Besides that, he put his all into everything. No matter what. Coming up with something was more stressful than he thought. What if she didn't like it? What if it wasn't good enough for her? Maybe in her eyes it would be okay, but he needed to feel that way as well.

"Hm..." He bit his lip. Writing songs was his escape from the real world...it was him, his instruments, and his mind. Sort of like how Seohyun was with her books. After playing around with a few other chords, he began getting the hang of it. The beat and the tune of the song made itself known, and it was time for things to get simple.

Or not. The chords and notes were figured out easily after the beat. But he would need to perfect the song.

Oh yeah, and he needed lyrics. It was time for a sappy, but authentic, love confession.

"Maybe I should just get her a book..." He sighed and groaned. No. A single book wouldn't affect her as much as he wanted. Lack of concentration was still irking him. Her sweet, innocent smile was engraved in his mind, along with the three honest words he was going to say before she left. 

Aish, Seohyun...This song is for you, isn't it? Maybe I should just think of words that describe you...

Beautiful, sweet, honest, prodigically smart, youthful, humble, modest, kind...perfect... 

He thought of the older women last night. "I wish my daughter was like her."

There's just something about you. Even when I sleep, I dream of you. 

"I'm going insane." He muttered. He was, wasn't he? First, it was nonstop thinking of Seohyun. Now, he was talking to himself.

From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I felt something. He remembered the exact feeling perfectly. 

And that has never happened to me before. Never. Not even with the other girls whom I see for hours per day at school.

And Ryeowook...he was right, wasn't he? Maybe he deserves a song, too.

Whenever you smile, it makes me smile even more. Just the sight of you does the trick...Forget about material objects, all I really need right now is you. 

His father. Now where did he come into perspective? 

One of my parents would probably disapprove, but I can't possibly help it.

And that time they baked together, for an hour straight....

The taste of those incredible cupcakes symbolizes you perfectly, but they will never compare to you.

When don't I think about you? 

You are like my vitamin. To protect you, be with you, laugh with you, is all I could ever ask for.

I don't care how humiliating this may seem, but I need to get my point across. 

He collected all his thoughts on paper. Had he just written a song?

He had, and it was time to go present his piece of music to her. 

 

 

"So you baked muffins this time?"

Seohyun cradled a basket in her arms, nodding. "Take one! Since it's you, they can be considered complementary."

Ryeowook took five. 

"Those other four can be complementary, too..." She added.

His eyes lit up like candles. 

"Mmm!" He scarfed them down in a milisecond. 

"So they're good?" Ryeowook's seal of approval was all she needed.

"They're amazing, of course...Has your boyfriend tried them yet?" He scoffed while the tiny crumbs off his finger. 

"He's not my boyfriend..." 

"But he kissed you."

"On the cheek!"

"He still kissed you. That still counts, Seohyun."

"How come it doesn't count whenever you kiss your mom?"

...

"And what did he say to you?"

"He said, 'I like you too'."

Ryeowook nearly upchucked on his muffin. 

"He said that?!" Since when was Kyu so cheesy?

Dammit, he needs help...

 

"So...are you two dating?"

"Not yet."

"Why not?"

"Because...he never asked me out."

"So, you're unofficially dating."

She nodded. "That's the word.


Ryeowook's pants began to vibrate. Actually, it wasn't his pants. It was his obnoxious phone.

Oh, look... he thought. Speak of the devil.

Where are you?

-Kyu

He typed up a reply in a matter of seconds. 

The bakery. W./ Seohyun. Y?

-Wookie

Perfect. Can you do me a favor?

-Kyu

 

Seohyun wasn't paying attention. Minding her own business, as usual, putting away other sweets. 

 

Yeah, What do you want?

-Wookie

 

Bring her to the park for me. Like now.

-Kyu

 

Ryeowook had a perfectly good idea of what he had planned.

K.

-Wookie

 

"Seohyun, wanna go somewhere real quick?  You need to get out more often. Baking won't satisfy you forever." He held out a hand, beckoning for her to take it.

She nodded, taking his hand. "Where to?"

"You'll see." He smirked, opening the door. 

 

Kyu had his guitar laying on a wooden bench at the park, waiting nervously.

"This has to be good enough for her..." He checked his Rolex watch impatiently. "I need to get it over with."

If he didn't tell her now, he would hold a permanent, lifelong grudge against himself.

After all, he loved her.

In the distance, he saw two figures approaching. One male, the other female. One was a giraffe, and the other was a princess.

Dammit, Kyu... As they got closer, he approached them. 

When the three of them were only a foot or two apart, he took her hand and stepped closer. 

"Hi!" She said cheerfully. His anxiety died down instantly. 

"Hey." He pulled her closer slowly, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well...I need you to see something."

Seohyun beamed. "Oh, what is it?" They were still holding hands, but it no longer felt unusual.

 

Ryeowook backed away slowly. "I'll be back later..." They said their goodbyes, and he strode off, smiling. 

 

"Um, follow me."

He lead her further along the pathway, to the bench. 

"You play the guitar?" She asked, and they  both sat down.

He nodded. 

"If you don't like it, please, don't say anything at all." He then realized how selfish he sounded.

He cleared his throat, and began playing the chords he composed earlier.

 

No, it's not me

this really doesn't make sense

whenever I eat or sleep, I only see you.

I think I'm crazy.

She listened carefully, tapping her foot to the slow beat.

Though friends tease me, my heart only hears you
One two three you are smiling, you take my breath away.
Everyday I collect your smile to cook a dish called “Love”.

Forever I love you. I love you.
I love you, I love you, I love you...

He just couldn't play anymore. The look on her face was too endearing for him to handle. Kyuhyun stopped singing and placed the guitar on the ground, next to him. 

There was an awkward silence.

"Kyuhyun..."  She looked like a little girl who had just laid eyes on a puppy. "Y-You wrote that for me?"

He nodded. "I did it today. If you don't like it--"

She was slowly leaning closer, and he didn't dare to back away. He closed his eyes and savored the feel of her soft lips on his. 

Forever, I love you...

 

(A/N: Aigoo, it was much cheesier than I expected. Well, it's 1 in the morning now! I wrote this while half-asleep...actually, more like 3/4 asleep. Hopefully it isn't too bad. Please tell me if it is. Fighting! -crashes onto my bed like a drunk person-)