A Party?

I Did It for Love

 

Dear Diary, 

It's been a while since I've written here. I've recently made a friend; his name is Kim Ryeowook. He comes by the bakery every morning, and he's really nice. He really loves my cupcakes, and always gives me tips. We talk about nearly everything, like books and music. Ryeowook is my first friend, and I'm grateful for that. He is someone I feel completely comfortable around. As for my family, the Kims are taking very good care of me, and I am forever grateful for them, too. They always try their hardest to provide the best for me.

A few days ago, Ryeowook came by with a friend of his. His name is Cho Kyuhyun, and he is the son of the head of Cho University. Can you believe that a Cho came by my bakery? I felt so honored. He is really cute, too...and apparently, he likes my cupcakes a lot! So does Ryeowook. Keke. I would really like to see Kyuhyun again...I don't know why, but he looked so familiar! Well anyway, I think I'm done writing for now. 

Seororo~

 

Seohyun closed her diary and slid it into the drawer by her bed. It was a Sunday evening, and the bakery was going to close soon. There was still about half an hour until it would actually close, though. And even though it was pointless, she needed to stay on shift. She decided to clean up a bit, and maybe start decorating some sweets for the following day. 

The door opened and she turned around. To her surprise, Kyuhyun walked in. He had a tense smile on his face.

"Um, hi." He bowed.

Seohyun bowed as well. "Hi!" She tried hiding the excitement in her voice.

"Can you do me a favor?" 

"Yes, what is it?" She nodded.

 

Earlier that day. . .

 

"Kyu, your father and I are going to throw a party." His mother informed him.

My parents are throwing a party? What the hell? Especially Dad, though. . .he's finally lost his marbles.

Kyuhyun was bewildered. Were they trying to act younger? "What kind of party? Is it a business formal for Dad? A reunion for old college friends?" 

"Silly, how could you forget? Our anniversary is coming up in three days!" She said, cheerily, while rolling her eyes.

"Isn't that sort of short notice?" He muttered, stiffly. 

"Don't be so resentful towards the idea!" She nagged.

"Am I invited?"

"You are. And you're allowed to invite a few friends too, so you won't get bored. I already talked to this with your father. In fact, he was the one who suggested it."

So his dad wanted him to be entertained? Gee, that sure was a way to throw a curveball. "Are the Kims going?"

"I'm sure they will. They were the first people we went the invitations out to. Ryeowook will probably come, too. Won't that be fun!" She was nearly hopping up and down with glee.

Kyu wished she would stop. It irked him, mainly because she was way too old to act so immaturely.

"Which reminds me. I have a favor for you to do!"

He stifled a groan of anxiety. "Tell me."

"Well, I'm putting you in charge of the food. That means that you'll have to order and pick up everything for the party. Oh, I'll write down the list of food for you later. Do you have enough money?"

"Yes." He had more than enough money, of course.

"Great! Don't be afraid to ask if you need any more." She advised.

"Thanks, Mom." Kyu walked away.

A few hours later, and his maid handed him a list written by his mom.

24 cupcakes

1 three-layered red velvet cake (with a nice design, please!)

20 Blueberry muffins

30 sandwiches

Fruit salad

 

He was going to go broke on this and hoped to be paid back. Lucky for him, he already knew where to get the sweets that were requested for the event.

 

So now, Kyuhyun was at the bakery, asking Seohyun to help him. 

He handed her the list. "My parents are having a party, and they're putting me in charge of managing the food."

Her eyes skimmed through the list and she gaped slightly. 

"Is it too much for you? If it is, I--"

"No, I can do this." She shook her head, smiling. Finally, her work would pay off! And on top of that, she was baking for the Cho's! Thrill fluttered through her heart. 

"Are you sure? If you need any help, I wouldn't mind." He wanted to help her. He knew it would take a lot of time and effort from her, and maybe she couldn't manage to do all that. Yet, intuition told him that she would be fine.

"It's okay, thank you," she giggled, "by when do you need this?"

"Well, the party is in three days...so I'll come by on Wednesday morning. Is that okay?"

"Wow, I don't have much time..." there was a tone in her voice that signaled uneasiness. 

"Are you sure you don't need help, Seohyun?" Maybe he wasn't the best in the kitchen-- in fact, maybe he was the worst--but he knew all the extra help would be beneficial. 

Her eyes were glued to the list, and she bit her lip. "Well, maybe....I might..."

"Want me to come by tomorrow afternoon? I have school, so if I come in the morning, we won't have enough time to finish it."

She looked up with a glint of determination in her eyes. "In the afternoon is fine! I'll be here, don't worry."

"Do I pay you now or later?" 

"Oh, it doesn't matter." 

He took his wallet out from his poket, and found two-hundred dollars. "Here you go." He said, giving it to her.

"But that's nearly twice as much as it should be!"

"But you deserve it, so just keep it." He urged. She deserved more than that, actually. If he could give her his wallet, he would.

"T-Thank you!"

He grinned. "it's nothing, really."

"So...tomorrow afternoon, right?"

"Yup, make sure you have everything ready!" He said while starting to walk towards the door. 

"I will, thanks again!"

"Ditto." He waved and pushed open the door. "See ya!"

Kyuhyun was eager to work with her. Oh gosh, how would it go? What if he screwed things up with his terrible kitchen skills? He took a deep breath as he walked to the market to buy fruits. It was the two of them working on this together and alone, for maybe hours. Would this be considered a date? Maybe she hadn't thought of it that way. He barely knew her, and things would already be ruined between them if he asked her on a date. Besides, she didn't think about him like he did about her. Right?