Chapter 17

Rumours & Roses

Kyuhyun lied on his bed staring at the ceiling. Nothing particular was in mind but he is eyes followed the black dots on the white ceiling. It was the evening and no was home, Henry had gotten a part time job. Kyuhyun had told him that he doesn’t have to get a job and that it’s not a problem for them that he was staying there. But Kyuhyun gave up; he figured that Henry felt as if he was using Shindong and Kyuhyun, so he got a job.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun turned to the door where the voice came from. He sat up.

“Henry? You’re home already?”

“What do you mean already? It’s 5’ o clock.” The younger said. Henry sat beside Kyuhyun and rested his hand on Kyuhyun’s knee. “Do you wanna go shopping? I need to get school stuff.”

“Sure, I do too, lets go now.” Henry nodded.

“Alright,” Henry got up, “get dressed then.” Kyuhyun got up and changed; when he was done he came downstairs. “Ready?” Henry asked.

“Yup” Kyuhyun smiled at the younger. He didn’t smile that often, but when he did, it was precious, like Zhoumi’s. The two walked to the shopping center that was closest. Henry had got his first salary that day. It wasn’t much but it was enough. When they got to the shop, they went their own way to find what they needed.

Kyuhyun had everything he needed, a new bag, notebooks, pencils, pens, now all he needed was a binder he walked over to the section where they kept them. He ran his fingers through the different types of binders, and then rested his hands on one. He was about grab it when another hand reached for it.

“Oh sorry, you can have it, I’ll get another one” the two said almost instantly, before they even had a chance to look at each other.  Kyuhyun chuckled when he saw who it was.

“Henry, you use this kind of binders?” Kyuhyun asked.  “Not many people use these any more.”

“I’ve always used this.” Henry said. Kyuhyun nodded, looking at Henry amused. “It’s amazing, as you said not many people use this,” Henry chuckled, “I guess we’re compatible.”

 Kyuhyun smiled awkwardly. They walked to the checkout counter to buy the items. Kyuhyun looked at Henry, mystified, Henry and Sungmin were so alike, Kyuhyun thought, they bought the same kind of binders, and they both forgot to put the dried vegetables in ramen. It wasn’t as if Kyuhyun was imagining it either, it there and it was clear.

The two walked back home, carrying the bags. Today I felt like I met Sungmin once again, like it’s a whole new start. If this was what fate wanted it to be like, Kyuhyun was happy with it. Sure, he lost his best friend and his love, but Henry who Kyuhyun found Sungmin in, if he was end result of this tragedy, Kyuhyun was sure the end would be a happy one.  

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It had been nearly two months since the party, and the whole incidence of Jaejoong kissing Hankyung and Heechul punching Jaejoong happened. It had been a week since Hankyung and Heechul started living together in the university residence.  Hankyung and Heechul were out grocery shopping. They decided getting that done now would be better than waiting until university started.

“I think we got every thing.” Hankyung said.

“What about this?” Heechul asked pointing at cupcakes. Hankyung shook his head.

“You don’t need that.” He said.

“What about that?” He asked pointing at a big box chocolate.

“No.” Heechul scoffed, annoyed. He was about to grab a bottle of peanut butter, but was stopped when Hankyung slapped his hand, “No!”

“Why?”

“You know it’s bad for your health.” It wasn’t long before the two started bickering. An older lady who was standing by shook her head.

“You two are so cute, bickering like a couple.” She said. The two stopped fighting. Hankyung looked at Heechul uncertainly. What are you going to say to that? Hankyung thought. Heechul smiled slightly his cheeks turning red. He grabbed the other boy’s hand, and glanced at Hankyung before facing the lady.

“We are a couple.” Heechul said. It was clear that Heechul was afraid of the reaction he would get. Moments passed as they stood there, a smile crept across the lady’s face and she chuckled nodding and turning away. Heechul’s eye lit up as he turned to Hankyung who was also smiling. With an air of determination Heechul leaned over and pressed his lips against the others. He took a bag of potato chips from on of the shelves and held it in front of him.

“Please~?”

“No.”

“Come on…” Heechul followed the other as Hankyung ignored him and walked away.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Shindong worked as a choreographer for boy bands, of course that did mean that he had to work at random hours and sometimes for long periods of time. Shindong was about to leave for work when Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked in.

“Where’re you going?” Sungmin asked.

“Work.” Shindong said.

“Now?” 

“Yeah,” Shindong said, “U-kiss has weird schedules, need to work for their new song Man-man- hani.” Sungmin nodded. The eldest was about to leave when Sungmin asked if he can tag along.  It wasn’t as if Sungmin was going to fan boy over U-kiss so Shindong agreed, besides he did kind of miss dancing and making choreographies for random songs together like when they were children.  

Sungmin looked around the dance studio, it was pretty big but not as big as he expected it to be. U-kiss wasn’t there yet. Shindong put a CD into the CD player and the song started playing.  Kyuhyun sat on the bench that was on the sidelines as Shindong showed Sungmin the choreography he came up with and Sungmin suggested some changes. Shindong notice Kyuhyun staring at Sungmin in pure adoration. Shindong shook his head, Kyuhyun had a way of seeming very pathetic, but he smiled as he saw Sungmin turning to Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun giving him a thumps up.  

“Hyung, Hyung, is this how you do it?” Henry asked Shindong. Henry liked dancing, he had asked Shindong if he would teach him the choreography for Man-man-hani, and Shindong had agreed.  He always wanted a little brother who he could teach how to dance. Of course Kyuhyun was like a little brother to him, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t dance even if his life depended on it, so Henry was his last choice. Henry was a talented kid, dancing came naturally to him, like he didn’t even need to try.

“Yeah,” Shindong said, “you’re doing great.” Henry turned Kyuhyun who sat there watching the two dance.

“Come on, why don’t you dance with us?” Henry asked. Kyuhyun leaned back in his seat.

“I'm alright; I'm good just sitting here and watching you dance.” He said. Henry shrugged then went back to dancing.  It wasn’t long before Henry had mastered the choreography.  Shindong noticed Kyuhyun’s eyes well up as Henry showed him the dance. It was clear the memories of Sungmin replayed in his mind. “Uh- I’ll be back,” Kyuhyun said and stood up from his seat. Henry watched worriedly as the boy basically ran out of the studio. He turned back to Shindong in confusion.  

Shindong sighed, “I think I know what’s wrong,” he turned to Henry, “don’t worry I’ll talk to him later.” He smiled, reassuring the younger that it’s alright, Henry and Shindong continued from where they left off.  Shindong had noticed the way that Kyuhyun looked at Henry. Every time Henry did anything at all that was similar to what Sungmin did Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up. Kyuhyun’s and Henry’s relationship was getting stronger by the day, and it wasn’t surprising since the two understood each other very well. But that slightly bothered Shindong. It wasn’t the fact that Kyuhyun had started to like Henry that bothered him but it was the fact that what Kyuhyun liked was what in Henry that reminded him of Sungmin.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After the three got back, Henry made ramen for them. Once again Henry forgot to put the dried vegetables and once again Kyuhyun said nothing. Shindong knew that Sungmin usually did the same when he made ramen.

“Henry, you don’t put dried vegetables in ramen?” Shindong asked. Henry, who suddenly stopped eating, had an embarrassed look on his face.

 “Uh- sorry I forgot I’ll go get it,” Henry said, he got it and sat back down, “Wait, this is how I made it the other day,” he poked Kyuhyun. “Why didn’t you say anything?” Kyuhyun looked up from his bowl, he shrugged.

“Umm… this is how I like it.” He said smiling. Shindong looked at Kyuhyun worriedly.

That’s it I can’t let this go on; I mean this just isn’t right. Shindong thought as he lied on his bed after dinner. Shindong heard someone coming into his room so he turned to see who it was. It was Kyuhyun. The younger sat beside the other in silence for awhile before he opened his mouth.

“Hyung,” he started, Shindong sat up straight ready to listen, “would it be weird if I ask him out?” Kyuhyun asked. “I mean it’s been almost two months and… I don’t know…” he looked at the older expectantly.

“So you like him?” Shindong asked.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun said, “I mean, we get each other.” Shindong sighed. “I have so much in common with Henry.”

“You mean Sungmin has a lot in common with Henry?” he asked looking at the younger.

“It’s not like that…” Kyuhyun said turning away.

“Then what is it like?”

“I’m over Sungmin,” Kyuhyun said, “I mean it’s not like we were going out anyway.” Kyuhyun looked back at the older their eyes met. Shindong sighed then nodded.

“I hope so.” Shindong said.

I hope so too.Kyuhyun thought as he walked out the room.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 A/N: If you are a Super Junior stalker... like me... you would find that some things in here (like the binder thing and the ramen thing) may seem familiar.... but dont worry no one else is going to die at the end...

If you are not a stalker and you don't know what I'm talking here is a link to one of super junior mini drama trust me watching it is worth it:     Actors: Kyumin, Yewook and Shindong: part 1   part 2 part 3