Speaking

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

Be still. You are safe. We won't hurt you.

Your heart stopped for a second, and then it switched into hyperdrive. It took a good two minutes of harsh breathing before you could stop the shaking in your hands enough to respond

You can sign?

He nodded before replying both in sign and out loud for the others' benefit. "When I was still on Earth, I had a younger brother who was born deaf. He was too young to learn to lipread, so we all learned sign language to talk to him. I'm a little rusty, but I was able to pick up a couple words." He looked at you and switched back to just sign.

You sign a little too fast for me to understand. Can you try to slow down? I am sorry if some of my signs are wrong. I do not have a perfect memory.

You were still in partial shock, but you noticed how much more relaxed you felt. Most masters didn't bother trying to come up with a way to talk to you, let alone the way you already knew how to speak. When people signed back to you, you felt calmer. It's always been that way.

Your hands shook slightly, but you managed to stutter out,

Your signs are fine and I will slow down.

You went to add master as an after thought but your hands were stopped mid-sign. You glanced up at him, and he wagged a finger at you.

No need for any of that here. This is a safe place. You can drop all the formalities.

Some of the others in the room were getting restless waiting for the end of this silent exchange. One in particular eventually couldn't stand it and yelled irritably, "This is no fair! I wanna know what she's saying, too!"

Your eyes shot open, and you quickly made a low bow. You heard a sigh above you. "Yoseob! Be patient! You just scared her again."

Hearing this you slowly straightened up but kept your eyes on the floor. The blonde spoke up again after being reprimanded.

"I'm sorry Hyunseung. I just felt left out." You glanced up through your eyelashes to see him pouting like a kid. It almost made you feel bad that he'd been yelled at because of you. Then, you felt confused because someone was coming to your defense, so you stopped thinking about it.

Hyunseung, who you assumed was the one who signed to you, sighed again before saying, "I understand that you want to be included, but that doesn't mean you have to yell."

"Yeah, listen to umma! No yelling in the house," Doojoon snickered.

"Yah! Doojoon!" You could tell Hyunseung did not like the previous comment and made a mental note to avoid teasing this master or using that term for him. Doojoon was still chuckling to himself, completely unaffected by the threatening tone.

You signed quickly to Hyunseung that you didn't know all their names yet.

"Oh right, sorry. Actually, Doojoon should be doing that since he's the one who bought you, but I will make up for his negligence as usual." Doojoon, from his new seat on the arm of a sofa, glared. "Alright. So the blondie over there is Yoseob. He's the one who yelled at you but he's harmless. He acts childish most of the time."

Said blonde gave another pout before looking over at you. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled. It wasn't at you, though! I just like to know what's going on. I promise I'm not mad at you!"

You blinked. It took a moment or you to decipher the jumble of words that had come spilling out of his mouth in his haste to apologize.

It is okay.

You looked at Hyunseung and he relayed the message. The blonde looked relieved and gave you a huge smile. You looked down and fiddled with your hands for a moment.

"Okay, now that that's cleared up maybe we can move on. The sullen looking one in the corner sitting on the windowsill with the black hair is Junhyung and don't worry. His bark is much worse than his bite. "

He's actually a big softie inside.

You gave a small bow in his direction. He gave a slight wave in return. It was almost more of a salute.

"Gee, no need to be awkward."

There was more silence.

"Alright, well, the one on the sofa with the longer curly hair is Dongwoon. He's actually the youngest of us though he doesn't look it. And next to him is Gikwang." Dongwoon smiled brightly at you.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you. Are you still scared of us?" You notice several glares aimed at him. You shook your head and waited for Hyunseung to switch his focus back to you. He translated as you signed,

Not as much. Thank you for asking.

After Hyunseung finished, Dongwoon smiled again. "You're very welcome."

Hyunseung sighed before gesturing at Gikwang while saying, "Do you have anything to add?"

The black haired boy studied you for a while. "You're cute," he said bluntly.

Your eyes dropped to floor again, and your hands stuttered through a quick thank you.

"Okay. You already know Doojoon, he's the one who picked you up. And I'm Hyunseung. The resident medic and *sigh* 'umma' of our little band of rescuers." He smiled.

"Hey, Mr. Medic. Can you do anything about us not understanding her?" Gikwang asked. He was handsome for sure, but his attitude struck you as someone cool and teasing.

Hyunseung made a face that you couldn't place under a specific emotion. "I could, but you know I won't do it without her consent. I feel like we should gain some of her trust first." You looked at him in confusion.

He took a breath and turned to watch your face as he said, "We could try a Conscientia Corripio."

 

A/N

Okay, you can start yelling at me now. At least i only got one week behind this time. and in my defense i was away all week on vacation. I still deserve all your dissapointment and irritation and frustation though.

To the new readers: HI! Feel free to join in the fun. Comment or subscribe. It's never too late until you're dead! ^^ or something like that

Alright that's all i got. Bye Bye~!