Welcome

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

You woke up in a bed, a comfort that startled you to full awakeness in about two seconds. Your head jerked around as you tried to figure out where you were. It was still dark outside, so you had no idea what the room you were in looked like, where it could be or even how high up.

You held your head in your hands with your palms over your eyes. You willed away your feelings to try to dig into your memories. Thinking back, pictures flashed through you mind. A cell, paperwork, a man, a red car. You pieced together the pictures and the memory became stronger. You no longer belonged to Sebastian. He had sold you to a man. What was his name? Doojoon, that's it. He brought you here. He wasn't to be trusted. No that was the worst thing you could do. Old memories started to surface.

They were the ones you buried in order to stay sane. Horrible memories that scarred your mind to match the marks on your body. Each scar had its own master and its own story. Water, blades, fire, whips. You tried hard to fight them off, pushing the memories back behind the wall. You were still so tired, though, and things faded back to black.


You woke up silently screaming with tears streaming down your face. Another nightmare that you couldn't remember other than the feeling of fear and pain. After about an hour of silent sobbing, you finally exhausted yourself enough that you passed out.


You woke up still in a bed, but this time you could see the room you were in. The sunlight was filtering through pretty white curtains.  The carpet was a deep red and looked like it would be soft and plush underfoot. The walls were a light brown, almost tan, giving the room a very warm feeling. The bed was made up in white sheets that were so warm you felt you never would leave if you had the choice.

You yawned and stretched your arms out to the sides, but your right arm met with a resistance that shouldn't be there. You turned to see the man who bought you, Doojoon, sitting on top of the bed looking as though he'd been there for a while waiting for you to wake up. He was smiling at you, and it looked like he was trying not to laugh. You scrambled away and fell off the bed. You popped up and bowed low to your new master, and glancing up, you saw his face was now transfigured into one of shock.

"Are you okay? You just fell off the bed." He looked a little worried and moved closer to you, looking for injuries. Glancing up when you didn't respond, he decided you didn't have and bruises or anything. "Are you okay?" he asked again, this time watching you.

Your hands started to move from your sides, but you forced them back down and nodded. He still didn't appear convinced, but he let you be after that question.

"Alright. Well, I suppose you probably want to check out your new home. If you want to, you can just explore by yourself. There are Labels on all the rooms, and if you need any help, theres usually someone wandering around somewhere. Do you want to do that?" You did want to explore, but more than that, it was a chance to get away from your master. You still weren't sure how much you could trust him and you didn't very well care to be close to someone unpredictable. You started fiddling with your hands again and nodded with your eyes fixed on your fingers.

"Alright." He sounded dejected maybe even depressed. "I'll come find you later and introduce you to the others." You suddenly panicked, your hands flying up in a whirlwind in your fear. More people meant more chances of getting hurt and in different ways. You'd had multiple masters before, and it was almost impossible to keep from angering one. When you upset one, the rest usually would be against you as well. "Shhh," he said. He grabbed your hands and held them until your breaths leveled out and your shoulders relaxed. "They aren't gonna hurt you either. You are perfectly safe here."

Block it out, that was your prime rule. Words like safety and love and protection were lies. Every last one of them was said simply to lead you astray. You couldn't believe in any promises made to you. You couldn't trust any master no matter how nice they appeared or what promises they made. However, you did force yourself to relax so he would let you leave to go look around.

"Are you okay now?" he asked with slight worry. Ignore it. You nodded jerkily. "Okay. Well you're still welcome to explore. There's some clothes in the armoire you can use and then you're free to explore any rooms that don't have a person's name on them. Have fun." He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked off closing the door behind him.

You walked over to the armoire once his footsteps faded and opened it. Inside you found about ten outfits that would fit you perfectly. You dragged out a couple of things before finally settling on a long sleeved black tunic and white jeggings. You found a pair of black flats in the bottom of the wardrobe and dragged them out to wear with your new clothes. Fearing you were being watched, you crept to the door and pressed your ear against it. When you heard nothing, you crept out into the hall.

 

 

So yeah.... well, if your still hanging with me ^^ then you should drop a comment. I'm super happy cuz i just found a website that lists all the html formatting codes, which i have to use if I use my ipod. it's really quite confusing. but hey if you like my story why not drop a comment? you can even just leave a comment saying "like" and to my two who have commented: YAY!!!!! i love you!!!! comments make me excited and make me write faster ^^ which means i get chapters out faster.

ooh a fun tip: if you want to see if i've updated my story, don't hassle yourself with checking every day to see if it's been updated! just go to the title page and click the little subscribe button! ^^ then you'll know exactly when the story's updated !! isn't that something?