To the Mall!

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

A/N: So Yeah, i didn't get it done as fast as i wanted to but hey! at least it hasn't been a week yet! and it's a longer chapter too! that should make you guys happy. On to the story~!


The car ride was a very intense experience for you. You spent most of the time holding desperately on to the safety bar overhead. Dongwoon tried to grab your other hand at one point, but you discreetly moved it into your lap as if you hadn't seen him. Yoseob was belting out a song that was playing on the radio. You felt entranced by his voice. It was lovely and relaxed you. You felt your conscious mind start to lose its grip and allow a different presence to give it commands. Suddenly, Dongwoon hissed something at Yoseob, and he stopped singing. He turned and looked around the seat at you. You stared blankly at him until he snapped his fingers in front of your face. You jerked back in surprise and blinked rapidly.

"Hyung, you should be more careful. You can't keep accidentally doing that to all of them," Dongwoon said pointedly.

You were still confused as to what had happened. Then, the car was almost hit, and you went back to staring out the windows in horror. Dongwoon and Yoseob laughed at your face while Gikwang simply smirked and continued running stop signs and speeding by amounts that would shock you. (a/n: every day I shock, SHOCK!)

Somehow, possibly by an act of a greater deity, you made it to the mall without anyone dying, although you were really shaken up and Dongwoon looked slightly green. Yoseob had zoned out about halfway through and had spent the latter half of the trip humming along to the radio. Gikwang was unaffected because he was the driver, and Dongwoon had told you during the trip that he was a bit of a thrill seeker anyway.

You looked at the place you'd stopped. The building looked about two or three stories tall with window walls. It looked like it was a T-shaped building, and you were standing at the end of the long part of the T. You could make out the doors across the parking lot. The lot itself was full of brightly colored cars in yellows, reds, blues, and even some greens.

You jumped as an arm looped around your waist. "Wow, maybe I should start calling you a kangaroo instead of a kitten. Jumpy jumpy." Of course it was Gikwang. You hadn't noticed that he got out of the car, but he definitely had. He laughed and let his hand rest around your waist, thumb lightly brushing against your side. You flinched slightly, and he stopped. He looked at you curiously. You stared straight ahead and tried not to make a face. He watched you for a little longer then he nodded his head toward the doors, and you all headed toward them.

"So Laeri, are you looking forward to the shopping trip of your dreams?" Dongwoon asked with a smile. You quirked your head to the side. You had never dreamed of having a shopping spree. You weren't even sure that you liked shopping. You brought your hands up and signed,

I am glad for the opportunity to shop, but I do not know if I like shopping.

They all looked at you in surprise. "Have you never gone shopping before?" Yoseob asked. You thought about it and shook your head.

Only at a market or grocery store.

"Woah. And girls love to shop. Usually at least. I've even met a few Tom girls who like to shop. But I guess if you haven't had a chance to go shopping, you wouldn't care much about it," Gikwang said thoughtfully. "Oh, while you're here, you can drop all slave, servant, master pretenses. This is a safe place where everyone is equal."

"Yeah, we always shop here, but it's kinda like a black market. You can only find it if you know about it. They also do background checks, and you can only get in with a pass, which we have so we're fine," Yoseob explained as Dongwoon held up what looked like a credit card.

At this point, you had reached the door. Dongwoon walked up and held the card under a scanner. The light above the scanner flashed green, and you heard a click. Dongwoon opened the door and held it open as everyone walked through. You looked around and saw that it was in fact three stories full of little boutiques. The main hallway you were in led all the way back until it split left and right to make the top of the T. There were palm trees and fountains splitting the hallway in two. The roof over the hallway was one huge skylight that arched to let in tons of light. In a word, it was beautiful.

"So what do you want to shop for?" Dongwoon asked. You didn't really have an opinion on clothes, so you just shrugged and made a confused face. "Hmm. Well, maybe we should go to that one shop then. Hyung, do you remember it?"

Yoseob looked around and thought. "Do you mean the one where that girl, what's her name? Suzy! The place where Suzy works?" He smiled coyly.

"Yeah! Do you know where it is?" Dongwoon asked trying to act like he hadn't noticed his hyung practically leering at him. He looked to you as Yoseob turned to stare down a map. "Suzy is good at picking out clothes for girls, and her shop has any kind of clothing you would need year round. Pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, coats, everything. I think you'll like her. Nobody can hate Suzy because she's so sweet and nice." Gikwang snickered causing Dongwoon to flush slightly.

"Got it!" Yoseob called from his place in front of the map. He walked back over to you and grabbed your hand pulling you away from Gikwang and towards the escalators. You were shocked at the abrupt change of handlers but didn't resist. Yoseob pulled you along quickly to the up escalator before he stopped. He allowed you to cautiously step on to the moving staircase before hopping on the step behind you. You gripped the handrail tightly. These things always made you nervous. You tried to avoid doing so, but you felt your other hand tighten around Yoseob's in your nervousness. He looked over at you in confusion and noticed your discomfort. He smiled and stepped up next to you giving your hand a reassuring squeeze. "I'll warn you when you need to step off."

You gave a stiff nod and watched the conveyer belt stairs until you got near the top and heard Yoseob whisper 'now' while pulling you forward. You gratefully stepped off what you considered to be a deathtrap and looked back to find Dongwoon and Gikwang nowhere in sight. Yoseob laughed and pointed over at the down escalator where the two boys were racing each other to the top while passerby laughed and cheered them on. You had never seen Gikwang act this young. He was usually more indifferent and serious, or so it seemed. You thought back to earlier.

'Hyung, you know I'm trying to control myself. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this problem.'

Maybe that's why he was acting so cold. He said he was fighting his instincts. That would explain why he didn't talk much.

'I'll try not to talk so much. I know it makes it harder on you.'

You almost shook your head. He didn't really talk to you a lot, not before today. But he was stuck with you for the day. That must be why it was harder for him. He has some demon instinct that he's fighting against, so he won't hurt you. But he must be managing it better.

'Are you feeling alright Gikwang? You just had an entire monologue without making something dirty.'

'Really?'


That must be why he was acting more childish. He was handling his instincts better, and that was making him more relaxed. This was probably closer to his actual personality than anything. He was just like a big kid and so was Dongwoon. Now that you were thinking about it, Yoseob was too. You were amazed that Hyunseung managed to get anything done with those three around. Is that why he sent them out of the house with you?

"I totally won!" shouted the maknae.

"No way! I was off the escalator before you were even on the last step!" the older one protested.

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Hyung who won?!"

"Yeah! Tell him I won!"

Yoseob was laughing in hysterics at this point. He wasn't even slightly annoyed at their behavior. You were pretty sure that Hyunseung-umma would have had them both in timeouts by this time. You pictured the two boys sitting back to back on stools in a corner pouting and wearing dunce hats. You felt a smile flicker across your face at the thought. You heard a trio of gasps and refocused your attention on what was going on.

"Was... was that... a smile?" the youngest asked in shock.

"I'm pretty sure it was," Gikwang stated.

"Aww, your smile is so pretty!" the blonde complimented. "You should let us see it more often."

You blushed and stared at the floor. You only hoped that they wouldn't question why you smiled. A pair of arms wrapped around you.

"Shy, shy little butterfly~!" Gikwang said in a sing-song voice. He hugged you tightly before switching back to just letting his arm rest around your waist. He was still smiling happily. "Hyung, weren't you leading us to Suzy's place?"

"Oh right! It's up one more floor, but let's take the elevator. It's right over here." He smiled at you, and you mentally thanked him for helping you escape the torment of another trip of fear on an escalator. "Besides, you two can't be trusted on the escalators anymore."

The two younger ones pouted but complied, and you followed Yoseob to the elevator. It was a glass one that you could look out of while you were moving. As soon as you were inside, your nose was pressed against the glass. It was pretty cool being able to look at everything from here. You heard a ding and allowed Gikwang to grab your hand and lead you out. He followed Yoseob down toward the intersection of the T. Then he followed the balcony around the left side of the T to a smaller looking store with pretty pink and purple and silver accents. It may have been small, but it was upscale and looked like it would be very popular. A girl was adjusting an outfit on one of the mannequins in the window.

"Hey Suzy!" Dongwoon yelled as he waved at the girl in the window. She jumped and a pair of cat ears popped out on top of her head. As she turned to look out the window in alarm, you saw a tail flicking behind her. She was a little taller than you with long brown hair down to the middle of her back and bangs. She was wearing a tight-fitting red dress with long sleeves. The skirt flared out at her waist and stopped just above her knees. She was wearing a pair of black boots with two inch stiletto heels that went halfway up her calves. She glared at Dongwoon and crossed her arms. Her ears twitched and her tail flicked irritably.

Then, she noticed you and her eyes lit up. She dashed out of sight and appeared in front of you a second later. You jumped back reflexively and hid slightly behind Gikwang. He looked at you before whispering, "Suzy is a were-cat. More commonly known as a cat demon around here. She's perfectly harmless. We've never seen her go full demon, and her ears and tail only pop out when she gets startled. Otherwise she's pretty much human."

She smiled at you and held out her hand. "Hello I'm Suzy," she said. You stepped forward and cautiously shook her hand. "What's your name?"

You lifted your hands and went to sign when you realized that she wouldn't understand it. You looked at Yoseob out of the corner of your eye. He stared back at you in confusion. You frowned, but you heard Gikwang speak up from above you, "She's mute. And her name is Laeri."

Suzy mouthed 'oh' and then smiled. "Well that's okay. I was never a big fan of chatty Kathys anyways. Are you ready to come shop?" You let your mind catch up with what she was saying, and then you nodded. "Well then let's go get you fitted!"


Look! i found tha line button~! that's cool ^^ I'm happy about it. So did you like the lighter hearted chapter? fluffy fluff fluff~! lol i'm kidding. i feel like i failed but whatever i tried. and nothing bad happened except for Kiki's driving! are you guys warming upp to him? he really doesn't mean to torment her. and also there's a few good hints about certain peoples demon types... *cough cough* maybe you people should guess them? all of theirs are listed in the foreword. take a peek at the examples.

please play along? please?

and also none of you have told me if you would like to know what's going on in the guys' heads. Surely you want to know right? What do they think of Laeri? do any of them want her dead? i won't give away big details of course but i'll add more suspense. and since you guys wont play with me... i'm going to make it easier on you. all you have to do is click a few buttons! ok? even my unsubscribed readers can play! and i think the people without accounts can too ne? what have you got to lose?

 

 

 

 

 

 

BTW : my current obsession

Oppa Gangnam Style!!!

yep. gee thanks Addy. it's in my head again.