Damage Control

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

so yeah.... sorry it's been a while but i ended up trying to make another like 3x too long chapter so i ended up cutting it in half...... after i finished it...... so i'm gonna post this one tonight and then another tomorrow and then one the next day ^^ give you people time to comment. *hint hint*

 

 

"I guess that means my first goal now is to gain your trust."

Your head jerked up, and you stared at him. You couldn't even think of a response. You wanted to tell him that it was a waste of time, but that would be improper and could get you in trouble. Instead your hands just fluttered away from your sides and back again.

Noticing your shock, he turned and offered his arm like a true gentleman. When you still didn't move, he grabbed your wrist with his other hand and pulled it through the loop of his arm. He started walking then, slightly dragging you along, and you couldn't help feeling a little funny.

It wasn't your fault that you were awkward with anything that a lady would be expected to do. Most slaves walked behind their masters with their eyes on the ground. The only time slaves had to know anything of proper manners and etiquette was at an occasional master's house.

It had been one of your least favorite houses. He picked only the most attractive girls he could find, and he'd have huge drunken parties for his friends. Then, he'd dressed the girls in extravagant gowns and force them out onto the floor to dance. A couple of the friends drank very little and were rarely a problem. But there were several men who would drink like fish and were handsy which caused a lot of issues for you. They'd ask you questions and become furious when you refused to answer. You ended up with a lot of handprints and blackeyes at that house. That was eventually what saved you, though. The master couldn't keep you looking pretty, so he sold you off.

It hadn't been a particularly good house, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. You looked at Dongwoon out of the corner of your eye. He looked lost in thought, but at least the silence wasn't awkward this time.

He slipped his arm down and grabbed your hand. You felt a jolt like electricity from behind your eyes all the way down your arm, and with a gasp, you jerked hand back. He looked at you in surprise as you hid behind your hair and cradled your hand to your chest. "What's wrong? Is your hand hurt?" he asked. You shook your head but offered no further response. He looked at you with concern but didn't press the issue.

The rest of the walk was silent, but you could tell that he wanted to talk to you. You couldn't explain your actions, and you couldn't bring yourself to talk about anything more, especially not about the past. It had been a very long stressful day, and you weren't sure how much more you could handle before you would just burst into tears out of frustration. You saw the end of the hallway coming up and knew that your room was close.

When you reached your door, Dongwoon opened the door for you, and you turned to give him a low bow. "Ok, one of us will come get you for breakfast, and I guess we'll see what umma has planned." This time he said umma with absolutely no sarcasm. You nodded and bowed again, and with a wave, he walked off.

He seemed to be disappointed, but he didn't understand what was going through your head or what you had to deal with and there was no way to put it into words. You had to remember not to let him touch your hands again.

You shook your head and went to the wardrobe pulling out something that looked like a nightgown. You slipped it on and crawled into the bed pulling the covers up to your chin and curling into a ball. You always felt less vulnerable when you were curled up. It was the easiest way to fend off attacks to your internal organs should you get kicked or hit. This thought was not helping you get to sleep, but after a few minutes of thrashing and tossing and turning, you managed to fall into a fitful sleep.


You woke up again in the middle of the night with terror coursing through your veins, pumping cold horror through your body. It made your lungs feel shriveled and unusable, and you sputtered for several minutes before managing to get any oxygen into your airways to allow you to think again.

There had been no screaming this time, but you could feel the tears willing to fall just behind your eyelashes. You forced them to stay back as you shook your way through your emotions. There was one predominant emotion underlying the fear. An immense pain. You clenched your eyes shut as you felt a burning through your chest and throat. You coughed violently as the pain passed through.

You lay panting, shaking, and sweating on the bed staring at the ceiling until your heart rate slowed, and you exhausted yourself back into sleep.


You woke with a start, eyes flashing around the room. Something was off. Someone was in here, and they were watching you. As a slave, you tend to develop a sixth sense for knowing when you're being watched. You thought you saw a movement by the windows, your eyes darting in that direction. Then there was a flicker by the wardrobe. You focused intently on that spot trying to make out a shape until the being-watched sensation disappeared. You finally relaxed once you were sure that whoever or whatever it was was gone.

You laid back down and waited for the adrenaline rush to cease. When it did, a sharp pain exploded all over your body. You had known this going to happen, but you didn't know when. Several slave masters like Sebastian had spells up that, for around 36 to 48 hours, would hide all dirt and temporarily heal all cuts and bruises in order for them to get more money. When it wore off, everything came back. You heard a knock at the door.

Luckily, the nightgown you had picked had long sleeves, so all you had to do was push your hands under the blanket to hide them. You turned to the door as it was opened by the maknae. "Good morning," he said with a smile. All traces of discouragement had vanished, and he was back trying to win your favor. "I just wanted to see if you were up. Did I wake you?"

You decided to go with the 'I'm sleepy approach,' so he wouldn't question why you weren't moving. You shook your head and yawned. "Aww," he cooed with a grin. "Well, someone will be around a little later to bring you to breakfast, so go ahead and get ready now, okay?" You nodded in understanding, and he closed the door.

You walked over to a basin in the corner that was full of warm water. You weren't sure when someone put it in here, but you made good use of it. You washed the reappearing dirt off your face and arms. You found a washcloth underneath and used it to wash your legs and feet. Then you dunked your head in the basin and rinsed as much of the dirt and grease as you could out of your hair. You wrung your hair out over the sink and wrapped it in a towel.

It was time for damage control now. You walked over to a full length mirror that stood in the corner. Slowly and very, very carefully, you pulled the nightgown over your head. You grimaced at what you saw.

First of all, you were severely underfed, and it was noticeable. You could count your ribs on either side, but none looked broken which was good. Still, your stomach had caved in and a lot of your bones looked very prominent. Then, you started looking for the cuts and scars.

You started at your feet. You picked up your feet and looked at the soles. There were some scars from broken glass, you paused to shuddered at the memory, but those weren't new. The tops of your feet weren't too bad either. It only started to get bad at your ankles.

There was a thick red line around each ankle. The top layers of skin had been so worn through in some places that you were bleeding. You flinched and grabbed the once white washcloth that you now realized was pink and even red in places. You carefully cleaned the cuts and scrubbed away the dried blood. Noticing a cabinet under the washing basin, you opened it and found a roll of bandages. You knew enough about first aid to properly dress the cuts so they would heal.

You followed a scattering of scars, open cuts, and bruises up your legs. You couldn't do much about the open cuts on your legs. You didn't have enough bandaging to cover all of the cuts, so you simply pressed the washcloth against each cut until the bleeding stopped. You washed all the cuts and continued testing for broken bones. When you got to your knees, all the cuts just turned into bruises. You were sure they would take a while to heal, but there wasn't anything you could do about that.

You were afraid to look at your abdomen where you knew it was worse. It was getting harder to breathe. You closed your eyes and ran a hand over your stomach. The pain almost made you crash to the floor as you gasped and felt tears slipping out of the corners of your eyes. You let yourself slowly drop to your knees.

Taking a deep breath you looked in the mirror, it was too much for you to look at the mark directly. It was months old, but the wound was made with an Aeternus eternus Dolor spell. The only thing that was bad was the pain. The cut wouldn't heal, but it wouldn't bleed either and was easy to hide. The problem was skin contact with the cut. Clothing didn't cause any ill effects, but just a slight brush of a fingertip was enough to send you to the ground. It brought back painful memories that you forcefully shoved back.

Taking a deep breath, you stood up and continued your inventory of injuries. There was some bruising and scarring on your abdomen, but that would heal eventually. Tilting your head up, you found the scar that ran along the very top of your neck. If your head was down you couldn't see it, but you could always feel it. You shuddered and ran a finger over the line. Its memory wasn't nearly as bad as the cut on your stomach, but it was still a mark that you wished didn't exist.

Your eyes traveled down each arm finding scars upon scars tracing up and down, parallel and crisscrossed. Your wrists were covered in purple bruises. Those would be harder to hide. Not to mention the brand on the inside of your left wrist.

You refused to even consider looking at your back and walked carefully over to the wardrobe. All masters were usually fond of whips, and you had no doubt that the skin on your back had been reduced to ribbons. Considering this fact, you walked over to the basin. It had to be magicked because the water was still warm and clean. You soaked a second washcloth in the water and rung it out until it stopped dripping. Then, you used the bandaging to tie the washcloth across your back in a way that would make it unnoticeable. You returned to the wardrobe.

You pulled out a loose enough black sweater with a turtleneck and sleeves that flared out and would hide your hands. There was a pair of black pants that you pulled out and you decided to wear the same shoes as yesterday.

You had just pulled on your last shoe when you heard a knock and some giggling at your door. You pulled the towel off of your head and grabbed a brush off the basin, running it through your hair until it waved smoothly down your back. You put down the brush and walked to the door to open it.

 

A/N time!!!!!!!! so after i finish posting all the stuff i said, im going to have a fluffy chapter! yay! a break from the fear horror and death! well hopefully. Who wants to guess who's at the door? and which doors belong to who? and what type of demon is each beast member? and for chuckles and giggles rate these songs from your favorite to least favorite: Day by Day by T-ara, y Free and Single by Super Junior, Electric Shock by F(x), Twinkle by TTS, Te Amo by U-Kiss, and History or Mama by EXO.

let's be active commenters people ;) i can't have any fun with you if you won't play along~! and feel free to guess multiple times. oh and answer me this.... how do you people know Junhyung's door?! i mean i know i made yoseob's really obvious but come on!