Exploration

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

A/N: First off let me say i am really really REALLY sorry for like disappearing. I got caught up in a lot of school trips and didnt have time to write. and this chapter was hard to write too becuase i kept getting bored halfway through a paragraph. It is really long though ^^' That's my way of apologizing to my faithful readers who have put up with my lack of.... writing.... Now that it's summer break i will be planning on getting back to the at least once a week posting schedule. BTW if i ever go MIA again, i give you full permission to nag me with comments here, on my wall, or private messages until i come back. and it will work too. I love comments ^^. Alright i've taken enough of your time so i'll let you read now! ^^



It took a moment for your eyes to adjust to the slightly dimmer light in the hallway. Where as the bedroom had wide open windows, the hallway was lit by torches on the wall and made use of red wood hardwood floors and walls in a dark charcoal color.  You were at the end of a long corridor with doors on either side every twelve feet or so. The hallway continued up ahead, so you decided you would just skip these rooms and worry about getting toward the middle of the house.

As you walked past the rooms, you noticed nameplates by the doors. Not all of the rooms had a name on the nameplate, so you assumed those were empty suites. You counted how many rooms you passed in the hallway just to keep your mind off things. By the time you got to an intersection, you had counted forty-two rooms. Twelve of the rooms didn't have names on the nameplates by the door.

You were now at an intersection in the hallways. To the right, the hallway led down a ways with just one door at the end. You looked closer and noticed that it had flowers around it and other things that looked childish and happy, the irony compared to your situation prompting a frown to settle across your lips. There was writing in shiny gold lettering across the top, but it was too far for you to read. The doors fitted together to form a high arch and they were made of what looked to be balsa. You contemplated walking to see what the writing said but decided it was probably a name which meant that you couldn't go in anyway, so you turned to the left to look that way.

It was set up the same as the flowered door. It went back a ways, and this time ended in a door that was black as midnight with no moon or stars. The doorway was a huge rectangle done in an art deco style. Strange runes surrounded the doors but at the top was a pair of eyes along with a sideways third eye above them. A name scripted in silver shown from below the eyes but was glaring too badly to read. The whole door glowed almost like blacklight was on it or surrounding it or coming through it. An almost dark presence came off it. You hurried on down the hallway.

16 rooms later, this time with no names, you came to a second intersection. It also ended in two mysterious doors to the left and right. To the right, there was an open doorway, but it was covered in so many white draperies that might as well have been a door. A name was scrawled across the very top of the doorway, but you couldn't read it from here.

Looking to the left, you saw a door made of dark maple done up in a victorian gothic style. It's arch reached all the way to the ceiling and the doors had heavy gold rings instead of doorknobs. You half expected the doors to slowly creak open and dare you inside, but then you noticed a name scrawled across the door in red. You turned and continued up the hallway.

There were 25 more rooms, eighteen with names and seven without, on either side of the hallway. There had been one door by the intersection that occupied a large section off the hallway, it seemed, because there were no doors around it. You just assumed it was a larger suite and left it alone. It hadn't drawn any of your attention other then its apparent space usage.

When the rooms ended, the hallway opened up into a huge lounge area. It was like being inside of a shell. The two adjacent walls were floor to ceiling windows. The far wall was a light cream color. You were standing on the balcony of the second floor. The hardwood floors changed to shining white tiles. The banister looked like beautiful white marble and it was cold under your touch. You hesitantly walked down the stairs and looked around. 

Looking up, you saw at least five sparkling chandeliers. There were some plush couches in a warm brown color along with matching chaises. They were set up into about three distinctive seating arrangements. There was a hallway that quickly branched into two more hallways at the back of the lounge area, so you started walking that way.

You took the left hallway first deciding to go the other way after you found out what was this way. There was a large expanse of blank wall and then a set of maple double doors. You looked around and found no sign of a name so you carefully pushed the door open a crack.

The room was full of books. It had to be a library, but the books only lined the walls on shelves or sat in low, free-standing bookcases near the door leaving the middle open to small tables and armchairs with side-tables and lamps. The room stretched up through to the second floor but it could only be accessed on the first. There was a spiral staircase in the middle of the back wall that led to the second floor balcony and more shelves of books. Looking up, you could just barely see three chandeliers that were actually lit with candles rather than lightbulbs. You considered walking in and looking around, but you didn't want to accidentally over step your bounds plus there was still a lot more of the house to explore.

You closed the door quietly and turned to continue down the hallway. You walked down the hall and around the corner where you could smell food. You came up to a pair of stainless steel doors that, based on the smells, most likely led to the kitchen. You were aware that you should probably be hungry, but you couldn't manage to work up an appetite when you were scared this much out of your mind. With no mystery behind the door, there was no real meaning in staying in your current spot so you kept moving. You knew that if the kitchen was here, there should be a dining room nearby. You followed the hallway back about twenty yards and came to a pair of huge oak doors that were stained to look golden.

You slowly walked up to the doors, caught up entirely in the beautifully done intricate carvings that ran around the edge of the doors and through the middle to the handles. You traced along a vine with miniature flowers and flower bulbs. Your fingers followed the vine until it curled around the gold door handle where they copied and wrapped around the cool metal. You gave a slight tug, and the door swung open a crack, silent on its hinges.

The dining room was the most beautiful room in the entire house. The left wall was entirely windows. There was the most elegant chandelier you'd ever seen hanging right above the table, but with the windows, it wouldn't be necessary to turn it on until night fell. It would be the perfect place to watch the sun set.

There was a hutch behind the table. It was filled with the prettiest handblown glass dishes and glasses ever to be made. You were almost positive that over fifty percent of them could be worth more than this house. There were all different colors and shades making the glass hutch look like a stain glass window.

The table looked like it could be found in a glass figurine shop. It was all glass, but it was remarkably seamless. The table was all one piece meaning there was no way that it could be man-made. This type of craftsmanship could only be obtained through magic, and very powerful magic at that. The chairs looked like glass but with a circular white cushion on the back and on the seat. All the color in the room was found outside or in the hutch, so your eyes were drawn to these places immediately. You were afraid your mere presence in the room would break something, so you quickly and very carefully shut the ornate door and stepped back for one last look at the beautiful carvings. Then, you turned back the way you came and walked back to the fork in the hallway.

This time you went right, following the hallway around a corner to the left. There was a door there that actually looked like one of the bedroom doors. It seemed like all the bedrooms were on the second and third floors, so you assumed that this wasn't a bedroom. You grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. With a slight push, the door swung open a crack and you peeked in.

You slammed the door shut quickly and stumbled back against the opposite wall, staring at the door in horror while you choked on your breath. You slid down the wall as your mind filled with terror, drowning you in the memory. You fought and sputtered trying to get the air back into your lungs, trying to force life giving oxygen back into your system. It took several minutes for you to come back out of your mind to the present and to shakily stand back up. You took several more deep breaths before you allowed yourself to move down the hallway and away from the fear inducing room.

Your memories of past owners usually stayed locked away. Your mind actually subconsciously blocked them. However, certain things would trigger specific memories, and you would end up having to relive the event before it would get locked back away, leaving you disoriented and confused. One thing always stayed with you even when the memory was blocked. The feelings. Your feelings would plague you even if you had no recollection of the events that caused them. It was something you were used to though, and it made you wary of everything.

You were broken from your thoughts as you came upon another pair of double doors. You stared for a minute trying to decide if they were really there. It was painted like the night sky. It looked so much like a window that you actually caught your hand reaching to touch it but you stopped yourself as you saw a doorknob disguised as a star. A name was scrawled across the sky in white, but it was so loopy that it would take you a while to sort it out. You moved on down the hallway.

You passed a few sitting rooms (you peeked in the doors but had found the rooms to look like any other sitting room, so you moved on quickly) and then came to another set of double doors. They were maple but a stain had been applied to give it a dark red-brown color. Each door had a thick, black outline of a wing burned into the wood. A name was scrawled at the top of the door in gold, but you didn't stop to read it.

You were nearing the end of the hallway when a thought occured to you. All the rooms were on the left, so that meant this hallway was on the outside of the house. It was the opposite on the other side, so that meant that that hallway was also the on the outside of the house. You could make out the general shape of the mansion now. It was a fairly pointless thought but at least it might keep you from getting lost.

You were continuing down the hallway when a man stepped out of a room up ahead. You froze in your tracks and saw that it was your new master, Doojoon. He noticed you and smiled. You didn't move a muscle, afraid that you had accidentally broken a rule or over stepped your bounds.

"Lae Ri! I was just about to come find you! I want you to meet the others now," he said, still with a smile.

At the mention of the 'others' you tensed up and took a step back. Your hands rose defensively in front of you, but you managed to keep them from flailing about this time. Doojoon frowned and sighed.

"I told you this before. No one here is going to hurt you. I didn't mean anything I said back there. I have to act like that in front of traffickers, so they don't think I'm on your side. You're perfectly safe here." He slowly approached you and placed a hand between your shouder blades. He gave you a light push toward the door. You could hear talking behind the wood barrier. You tried to stop again, but when Doojoon felt your resistance, he smoothed his hand down your back and gave you another push toward the door. You let him lead you in simply because you wanted to have at least one person on your side.

As you neared the door, you got nearer and nearer to hysteria. You were pretty sure that your breathing would be audible even to a human. Doojoon kept one hand on your back as he moved forward to open the door. As it swung open, he gave a slightly harder push forcing you into the room.

You stopped breathing as you looked around the sitting room. You counted five people, excluding Doojoon. In your panic, your hands flew up into a flurry. One of the new people, the one with sandy colored hair that was a little long, perked up, staring at you. In seconds he was standing in front of you. He lightly grabbed your wrists, stopping the whirlwind of movement in a flash. He moved your hands down to your sides and moved his own slightly more slowly in front of your face.

Be still. You are safe. We won't hurt you.

 

A/N: Yep another one

So? Am I forgiven for my absence? please say yes.... I still feel really bad. And I have to say I'm amazed cause I didn't lose a single subscriber! You guys Rock!

oh and i'm looking for someone who is willing to work with me to make a picture for this. i have an idea of what i want but i'm not sure i could do it.

Bye bye! see you next week! maybe.....