Anna

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

HI! *cough, cough*

so... I kinda took awhile... but in my defense i got to writing so much that i had to break the chapter in 2. so i'm still finishing the 2nd part

BUT HERE"S THE COMMENT REPLIES (these are gonna go in chronological order)
@Kwonnieskitty: I'm gonna say half yes to one and no to the other. It's your job to figure out which is which.
@Kwonnieskitty: Yes and Yes. BTW way to comment! and guess!
@czarinaann96: You are a good guesser and your other question shall be answered! right now actually! I'm glad You're enjoying the story! I'm working on the PoV chapters but i still want an idea of where to post them. i will try to incorporate more PoVs in the following chapters though. As for the others' reactions, you're gonna have to wait a bit for that. :)
@bookworm58: Sherlocking... yeah. good times. i'm all for dancing in front of all the monuments but... that would be expensive. maybe i can dance in front of the statue of liberty! if we go see it. I can do Like This! That would be fun ^^ what's in Colorado?
@mtzwriter: ...LUHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^'
@nyokopuppet: Hi! welcome to the storY! thank you for the encouragement. it's comments like that that make me eager to write.
@Kwonnieskitty: *flails* i know! I'm Sorry! it took me really long to write the chapter. And i didn't want to have to break it up but i tend to write in excess. so it started getting out of hand and i finally decided to seperate it. I updated though! ^^

And ON TO THE STORY!!!


Anna?

She turned your hand over and tapped into your palm.

Yes Lae, it's me.

You felt a rush of emotion bubble up inside of you. You threw yourself forward and wrapped your arms tight around the slightly taller girl.

"I missed you, too, Laeri. We were all so worried when we woke up, and you had just disappeared. We didn't know what to think," she said quietly as she secured her arms around your waist. You tapped on her shoulder blade.

I am sorry.

"It's ok Riri. It wasn't your fault." She ran a hand up and down your back soothingly. You could feel tears welling up in your eyes, threatening to spill over at any second.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Yoseob asked with a slightly cool tone. You let go of Anna immediately and turned to stand by her. As you moved, she simply let her arm move to around your shoulders. She put her other hand on her hip and fixed her chocolate brown eyes on the blonde in a hard stare as she tossed her head, sending her light brown curls over her shoulder.

"I'm Anna. What's it to ya?" Anna sneered, her voice dripping with enough attitude to kill horse. You stared at her in shock. She had always had a problem with controlling her tongue but to be so blatantly rude? It was out of character even for her.

"Mreow! Sassy cat aren't you?" Gikwang said with a half grin and raised eyebrows.

"Why yes, yes I am. Never ceases to get me into trouble," she said with a smirk. You nodded absentmindedly. Her skills at verbal assault had gotten her in trouble more times than you could count, and that was just in the short time you knew her.

"Laeri, do you know her?" Yoseob asked you with concern.

You nodded. You were going to sign an explanation, but Anna interjected before you could even bring your hands up.

"Of course, Riri knows me. We lived at the same house until our master's jealous witch of a wife threw her out. But I best not say any more about that. They say bad luck comes to those who speak ill of the dead." Your jaw dropped, and your eyes widened to the size of saucers. You reached for her hand by your shoulder and quickly tapped

The Madame died? How?

"I'm not telling you now. Maybe someday but not today. Sorry Lae." You looked at her in confusion.

"How are you talking to each other?" Dongwoon asked. When you both looked at him in confusion, he tried again. "She didn't sign, but you answered a question that she asked. How are you talking?"

"Well, when we found out she couldn't talk, a lot of us just left her alone. Either that or we just didn't bother trying to understand her. She knew sign language, but none of us did. There was no point in trying to teach us. It would have taken too long. One girl, was it Hana?" You nodded. "Hana had a grandfather who was a telegraph operator in the war, so she knew morse code. She taught Lae how to do it, and then those two would just sit in the corner and tap away, having their own silent conversations. Eventually we all learned it." Anna took  her arm off your shoulders and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"What was your, um, house like?" Yoseob asked.

Anna looked at you, but you turned away. "I won't tell you anything unless she okays it. It's her story not mine or yours. I have no business telling it if she doesn't want it told," she stated firmly. She unfolded her arms and grabbed your hand. You felt her give a reassuring squeeze that you returned a moment later. "You know, there's this fantastic café downstairs on the ground floor. It's right by the entrance, and they make a wicked cappuccino. Your treat Mr. Smooth, Dark, and y?" Anna asked charmingly and aimed a flirtatious wink at Gikwang.

His eyebrows rose for a second and then a smirk slid across his lips. "I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes, but I'm flattered regardless. Hyung, can we go?"

Yoseob contemplated the request for a minute. Anna decided to use the time to make googoo eyes at her current object of fixation. Dongwoon walked over to your side and whispered in your ear, "How are you friends with her? You're like polar opposites."

"Yah! I heard that, and I take offense to that remark! Laeri and I are closer than she'll ever be with you. You're just jealous!" Now, Anna was going to start one of her rants. She did that from time to time, so you just let her go.

"Gikwang and Dongwoon, you two can take the girls to the café. I'll join you after I buy a couple fans," Yoseob interrupted before she could even start, thankfully.  You perked up slightly at the thought. "Yeah I figured you might like that idea," he said with a smile. "It's more so that Hyunseung can see you dance. He would fuss if he finds out you can dance, outstandingly well at that, and he didn't get to see it." He gave a theatrically dramatic sigh, and Anna started cracking up.

"So... Coffee?" she asked once she stopped, looking around your current party of four. Your two escorts nodded, and Anna grabbed your hand again, quickly leading the way out.

As she dragged you along, she tapped on the back of your hand.

Are you still afraid of escalators?

Yes.

Okay.

She dragged you quickly straight to the elevator. You had to wait a minute for the boys who were walking at a lazy pace after you. As soon as they got in, Anna started rapidly pushing the button for the ground floor. Anna was a bit hyperactive and almost extremely bipolar at times. She could act like a seven year old child with ADD one minute and a punk with a bad attitude the next. She became fiercely aggressive and defiant when protecting her friends but was also flirtatious at times. You were sure most of her emotional problems came from the situation that she had been forced into. You pulled her back away from the button pad gently, and she looked at you with a childish confused face. You shook your head slightly, and she shrugged, choosing instead to resume her pursuit of Gikwang. A frown wormed its way onto your face.

Anna was a nice girl, but she was also a Heartbreaker. You could call her a player, but she honestly didn't mean to be one. She just likes the attention. And flirting. She once told you a story from when she lived on earth, when she was in highschool. There was a boy that she loved so much she almost couldn't stand it, but he wouldn't even look her way. That's when she became this flirty alter-ego of herself. She started dating anyone she could to make that boy notice her. "Jealousy can be a powerful motivator," she had said. She was kidnapped just after he broke up with his girlfriend of three-years. She was positive that he was going to ask her out, but she would never find out.

You didn't like her flirting with Gikwang. You knew you were being ridiculous, but you didn't want her to get hurt. Two players together could not end well. They were just exchanging compliments and flirtatious smirks right now, but with Anna that would escalate quickly. You were glad when the doors opened, and you had an excuse to pull Anna away from Gikwang. She took the lead again as you exited the elevator, dragging you toward the front doors before veering to the left.

Anna opened the door and gestured you through. As soon as you passed the threshold, you were assaulted by the bitter smell of coffee brewing in all its potency. You could feel a caffeine rush just from inhaling. The walls were painted in a warm, subdued red-orange with occasional clusters of overlapping circles in cream and dark brown. While the paint color made the room dim, not helped by the brown ceiling, the little Café wasn't dark and dreary. Orange hanging lamps over every table kept a cheery glow throughout the space. Booths upholstered in brown and cream vinyl lined the walls while white circle tables with brown chairs filled the remainder of the space. There were a few people sitting around, demons and humans alike, but you didn't have a chance to really look as Anna had grabbed your arm and started pulling you towards the counter.

"Hey Anna! What's up?"

"Hey Eunchan! This is my friend Laeri. And those two are her handlers. I managed to con the y one into treating us," Anna said with a conspiratory grin. The tomboyish girl across the counter rolled her eyes. Her hair was short and black with slight bangs. She had a petite build and a pleasant face. She blew out a huff of air that made her bangs blow out of her face.

"You always con someone into treating you Anna. What do you want?" Eunchan asked.

"I'll have a Quad Ristretto Iced Venti Whole Milk Organic 3 Pump Vanilla 2 Pump Cinnamon Dolce Extra Hot with Foam and Whipped Cream Upside Down Stirred Latte." Anna leaned over and whispered to you, "I keep trying to come up with something she cant make or even something that doesn't taste good. I'm pretty sure I've got her this time." She smirked in preconceived victory.

"You realize that it can't be ICED and extra hot, right?" Eunchan raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, it can. I want the coffee brewed extra hot before you ice it. Now, chop chop! Hurry up and fail, so I can finally win a round." Eunchan's eyes narrowed at the challenge.

"You won't win, regardless. There's no coffee in existence that I can't make. You are SO going down!" The girl disappeared in a flurry of smearing color behind the counter. You knew this was not just demon super speed. Normally, demons can move at speeds close to the speed of light, leaving them to seem to appear out of nowhere, but only in short bursts and with extremely diminished agility. Demons could dash over empty areas, but without training, an obstacle as simple as a ball bouncing across their path could send them hurtling headfirst into a wall. This girl was rocketing around behind the counter as if she were a human just bustling around the kitchen making dinner.

"She's a celerity demon Lae. That's why she's not falling on her face or crashing into things." Your mouth made a small 'o' as you recalled all the information you had learned about the demon races. Celerity demons are low-level beings whose only claim to fame is the ability to move at supersonic speeds while suffering no loss of agility. They can also choose to move only part of their body at these high speeds. For example, they can stand still and talk to you at a normal pace while their hands fly around them in a flurry.

By the end of this recollection, about twenty seconds had passed, and Eunchan was setting a styrofoam coffee cup in front of Anna with a small smirk. You watched curiously as Anna looked suspiciously at the barista. She slowly brought the cup to her lips and took a scalding sip.

"Damn you."

The tomboyish girl merely laughed brightly at the comment. "I told you I can't be beat. You should really stop trying to win. What can I get for you?" You gave a slight start as her attention shifted to you.

"Do you still hate coffee?" Anna asked thoughtfully with a raised eyebrow. You made a face, and she got the message. "She wants hot chocolate."

"Aww, that's barely a challenge," the petite barista pouted.

Anna chuckled lightly. "It's not my fault she likes sweet things. I know! You can blend the hot chocolate with whipped cream with extra whipped cream on top and chocolate syrup and sprinkles." Your eyes lit up, and you grabbed Anna's hand.

And a cherry?

You batted your eyes hopefully at her. She gave you a hard stare, and your face slipped into a pout. You used all the puppy-dog-eyes power you had. Her stone-faced attempt to resist was futile as she dissolved in a fit of giggles. "And a cherry on top."

Your smile stretched so far that your mouth actually hurt. "Well, at least that's a little more challenging," Eunchan said begrudgingly. She disappeared in another slur of color. In a few seconds, she stopped in front of you and held out a styrofoam cup to match Anna's. "There you go. It's hot, so try not to slosh it. I'd put a lid on it, but that would mess up the presentation."

"Hey, what's a couple burns compared to a pretty picture," Anna said sarcastically. "Come on Riri. We'll go sit and let the boys order and pay." She gave Gikwang a flirtatious wave with her fingers as she grabbed your arm and forcefully dragged you away. You carefully regained proper footing and worked on not spilling any of the hot liquid in your cup on your hand. Anna pulled you along to a booth in the back corner. She shoved you into the cushy bench seat on one side, and then slid in next to you. A few minutes later and the boys were sliding into the opposite seat, Dongwoon across from you and Gikwang across from Anna.

What do you want me to tell them?

I don't care.

Even if I tell them about

You stopped her hand and closed your eyes as your breath caught and tears pricked under your closed lids. You shook your head as you felt Anna shift cautiously towards you, wanting to fight this off on your own.

I will tell them everything, and if I stray toward something you don't like, just squeeze my hand okay?

You nodded and took her outstretched hand.

"So you guys want to know about our house?" Anna asked calmly even as she felt you shift closer to her.


So part 1 is done~! and i've left you guys off in an even worse suspense part than before ^^ lol. Dat's okay though.

I'm gonna post part 2 after i get 5 good comments. i get at least 3 comments a chapter so i know you guys can do it.

As for what a "good" comment is, I'm looking for something with substance that will actually help me excell with my writing. author schmoozing comments are nice but i want something that will assist me in making the story better. If you don't know what i'm looking for or don't want to put forth a lot of effort here's what you can do:

1. Tell me one thing you liked or didn't like and why. If you pick to write about what you disliked then i would like to know how i can fix it too ^^

2. Make a prediction. It can be about what you think will happen next, it can be about what someone else is thinking, it can be about who might come into the story, I don't care what you pick! Go for it and be creative!

3. Take a guess at what the people are (demonwise). Kwonnie's really the only one who's been trying. I know you guys have been guessing doors (And you have almost all of them found out. Good for you!) but I really think that if you guys know what everyone is, things will make more sense to you. plus it means that i get to add more demon related drama! yay! you can guess doors too but please guess all 6 at once. chapter 4 is the one with the doors in it if you need a refresher.

4. Ask questions. I'll answer what i can but what i cant will make things more fun for all involved.

There ya go commenters. that's what i am asking of you. easy peasy. get to work. 5 comments. If i dont update for a while this time it shall be on your heads not mine! muhahahaha! lol

And since i know there are some of you out there reading this without an account, which must since you can't tell when i update, and some of you who just refuse to comment, i made this!

 

 

so there you go. you have no excuse to not participate. but i'm not counting these toward the five i want. sorry.

And now, your ASL lesson of the day! haha "day". yeah... not accurate but oh well.

so you start with you fingers curled in toward you and your thumbs up. then you open your hands in front of you. then you just point at the person you're talking to. apparently the 'are' is understood to be there. keep in mind that i am not an expert and that i am learning with you all.
And just cause i can, another french phrase for y'all: Je veux te frapper. pronunciation key: zheu (eu is the u in put) veu teu fra pay

It means "I want to hit you." lol

well dat is all. You know your mission! go to it!