Food, Glorious Food

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

You reached the food court after a short elevator ride down to the first floor. Double glass sliding doors opened to reveal a large half circle with different booths selling all kinds of food. There was human and demon food alike and together it all made a cloud of wonderful smells. Gikwang was chatting with Yoseob about some vendors they knew and different foods they could get from them while you looked around.

There was one place with a panda sign that was selling Chinese food. Next to it, there was a stand selling a type of demon food that seemed to be attracting a lot of attention from your current company. You saw a smoothie stand and a stand selling Mexican food as well. You assumed that the stands with signs that you had difficulty reading or didn't understand were selling demon food.

Then, you saw your most desired sign ever. There had been one house where the slaves had had weekends to themselves. You had been allowed free reign of the basement, where the slave quarters and kitchen were, to do whatever you girls wanted to. One girl from America knew how to make all sorts of things, and she would make dinner. There was one thing she made that was your favorite. In fact, it was everyone's favorite. Your mouth started watering.

The arm around your waist slid up around your shoulders snapping your attention back to the present. You looked longingly at the booth and then at the distracted boys who weren't even giving you the time of day. You felt you lips form a slight pout. Just then, you saw a flicker of amusement cross the faces of both boys as they continued to make meaningless chit chat. You had a sneaking suspicion that they were watching you but pretending to ignore you at the same time. Maybe they were waiting for you to voice your opinion. You really didn't like to have an opinion. That had been your downfall multiple times in the past. You felt a shiver go through your body at that thought, and the arm around your shoulders tightened slightly. "Hey, are you alright?" its owner asked worriedly.

You fixed your eyes on the ground and nodded. When there was still silence after a minute, you glanced up and saw them looking at you with concern. You signed 'I am fine' in hopes that they would stop looking at you like that. When they still didn't stop, you fidgeted slightly. You felt your lips poking out into a pout again. It was a very involuntary action, but you wanted to get the attention off you. If that meant acting cute to reassure them of your well-being, then you would try it. Both boys chuckled lightly at you and went back to pretending to ignore you. You were positive they were just pretending now because they would glance at you subtly every now and then. You gazed longingly at the booth selling the food you really wanted to eat. You glanced back at your keepers and realized they were trying to get you to voice your opinion by ignoring you. That meant it was either a trap or them reaching out to you. You looked around and saw an overwhelming number of humans walking around, completely unattended. You decided to give in to your human nature and trust just a little this time.

You looked at the blonde to your right and lightly tugged on his sleeve. "Yes?" he asked. He was wearing this idiotic grin that reinforced your suspicion. You pointed timidly at the booth. He looked in that direction and then gave you a puzzled look. You sighed slightly and brought your hands up to sign

Can we please have pizza?

You flinched back slightly when you finished signing. You weren't sure how either of them would react to your request. You really hoped you'd just get a snippy rejection.

"And finally she asks," came the response from your left. You glanced at the younger before looking at the blonde in slight confusion.

"You've practically been in a staring match with that booth since we walked in," the blonde said laughing. "We've been waiting for you to ask. That's why we were ignoring you. I have to say though, your pouting was very disarming. We did not see that coming." He was smiling brightly at you, and you felt you cheeks color.

A finger poked your cheek lightly, and you turned towards the younger man. "I think this is the second time I've seen you blush," he said with a smirk. "Sadly, I'm not the cause this time." You felt your cheeks heat even more. "Oh, now I am." You didn't have to look up to see that his smirk was even bigger now. You could hear it. You ducked your head as you wrung your hands, hiding behind your hair.

"That's another thing we should do today," the blonde said suddenly. You peeked up at him in confusion. "You, my dear, need a haircut," he stated smiling at you. You looked the waves of hair that flowed down to almost your waist and nodded. It had been a long time since you had your hair cut. The last time had been when a master grabbed you by your ponytail and took a knife to it. You didn't want to think about that now, though, so you pushed it out of your mind.

"Shouldn't Woonie be done helping Suzy by now?" Gikwang asked. Yoseob took on a thoughtful look and nodded. "I'm gonna go find him. Why don't you take her over and get lunch? You know what we like anyway." The arm around your shoulders disappeared as he walked off. Yoseob watched him go for a minute then turned to you with a smile. He dropped an arm over your shoulders and started guiding you to the pizza booth.

"What kind of pizza do you like?" the blonde asked curiously. You thought about your response carefully before answering.

I prefer cheese but I love all pizza.

"Good! We can get half cheese and half abomination of a pizza that the other two like for some reason." He grimaced.  You felt your lips twitch at the blonde's annoyance and at the prospect of pizza, your favorite food ever. He smiled brightly when he saw your face. "You look so pretty when you smile. I wish we could get more of them out of you." You blushed slightly and dropped your eyes to the ground, but the almost nonexistent grin stayed locked in place.

After Yoseob had ordered, he joined you at the table he had left you at. You looked around while you waited for the food to arrive. Yoseob pointed out a few people he knew. Eventually, Dongwoon and Gikwang wandered through the doors and practically bounded over to the table.

"Did you get a half pepperonisausagegreenoliveblackolivemushroompineappleredpeppertomatoanchovie pizza? And half whatever you eat?" You stared at the suddenly overly hyperactive maknae in complete befuddlement.

"Did you get half what we want and half what you eat pizza? And did you get breadsticks?" Gikwang asked in a much more understandable manner.

Yoseob replied calmly seeming completely unaffected by the current serious of events. "Of course I did. We always get the exact same thing. I couldn't mess it up if I tried."

Gikwang nodded happily along with Dongwoon. At that time, the pizza and breadsticks were delivered to the table by a young girl in a witch hat with ruby red hair and matching eyes. You watched as she walked back behind the counter. She caught you watching her and gave a little wave before she picked up a napkin and turned it into a rose. She snapped her fingers and the rose appeared directly in front of your face. You cautiously grabbed it out of the air and set it on the table next to your plate where you wouldn't forget it. You nodded politely at the witch in thanks and began eating the pizza and breadsticks that had been put on your plate.

When everyone else finished eating, you had eaten about all you could and stopped about ten minutes ago, Yoseob announced that it was time to go find the hairdresser. "Does anyone remember where it is?" he asked with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Is it by the shoe store still? Or was that the spa place?"

"I think that's the bookstore. It's by the party store isn't it?"

"No, that's the weird voodoo store. Is it on the third floor?"
 
"The only place I've been to on the third floor is Suzy's shop."
 
"Oh, of course you would mention Suzy if given the chance."
 
"I'm just saying it can't be on the third floor!"

"Oh for heaven's sake, I'll go look!" the blonde said exasperatedly, interrupting the youngers' debate. He stormed out leaving the table in stunned silence. When he came back, he had a calm face on. "It's second floor, east side, near the front."

"Oh!"

"That's right. It's by that new eclectic shop."

"We should really stop by there sometime."

"Yeah can we, Hyung?"
 
"I hear they have human stuff."
 
"Yeah, like games and toys! Stuff like that."
 
"Can we go? Please? Just for a little while?"
 
"Of course we can go! it's right next door! Right Hyung?"

The blonde looked like a ticking time bomb. He glared at the younger ones, and they shut up instantly. "Let's go." There was no discussion. You all got up and followed him.
 


A/N: Yea Hi guys!! ^^ this chapter is slightly shorter but i've still got at least 2 more fluff chapters to write so.... keep in mind i originally wanted this to be just 3 chapters. now i'm looking at like 6. yep thats life.

i'm also working on the other pov chapters but i'm going to post those all at once so they won't be out for a while. wish me luck ^^.

You people also need to comment more. I don't want to be a mean unnie/noona/dongsaeng so i don't want to start making a comment tally that you must reach before every chapter. I don't want to do that but I will if it comes to that.

And if you've seen my status then you know I'm 'plotting plots'. You wish you knew.

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said "I'll never let you go."