Being Flirted with BY Danger?

Silence and The Supernatural (Under Maintenance)

The three girls from yesterday were chattering eagerly with each other, even Addy. When they noticed you standing in the doorway, they all stopped and turned to you. You blinked, and Emi and Lingfei grinned at you. "You're not fuzzy anymore~!!!" Emi said excitedly. You tilted your head to the side in confusion. "We can actually see you now! Yesterday you were, like, fuzzy around the edges; it gave me a headache!" You understood what she meant now. She was saying that the illusionary spell had made you look..... wrong. You had become used to seeing people like that. The spell worked perfectly on demon sight, but for a human whose vision is far less impressive, it gave a weird look to the person it was used on. Demons would only notice it if they completely unfocused their eyes.

"Emi, try not to scare this one off," the youngest said gently to the blonde. Turning back to you she said, "It's not that she's scary but, well, you've seen how she is." The girl gave you a look of mixed hopefulness and sympathy. "Most of us are used to the shiny, foggy, fuzzy, whatever look the new people have. Emi's still a little new here."

"Plus, I tend to freak people out! I scare off the new arrivals before I can meet them," she said brightly with a huge grin.

"Good Morning," Addy suddenly said. There was a brief awkward silence before the other two started laughing. You and Addy shared a 'what-the-heck' look, and then watched them until they stopped.

"Ok, well, let's go get breakfast shall we?" Lingfei suggested. You nodded, and your group started to make its way down the hall.

"So did you sleep well?" Emi asked trying to make conversation. Your face must have taken a dark look because you saw the youngest elbow her before the subject changed. "Well, the beds here are super comfy! Like sleeping on a cloud. I like clouds...." The girl took on a dreamy look, and it seemed like you'd lost her for now. You turned to Addy who had only said about six words to you.

"Hi," she said when she noticed you looking. "She goes crazy over clouds. And the sky," she explained. You nodded. "Can you sign something?" You were taken aback by the request. You nodded and signed a few random things like 'My name is Laeri' and 'My hair is blonde'. Your eyes widened as she signed 'cool' in letters. "There was a park I would go to that had a board up with the ASL alphabet on it. I still remember most of the letters. You can spell out your name if you'd like."

You signed the letters slowly and waited for her to say each one before starting the next. "Laeri? Is that a given name or your birth name?" You blinked. You didn't know for sure when you started using that name, so you didn't know what its origin was. You shrugged, and Addy nodded in understanding.

You and your entourage had now made it to the kitchen again, and it was a bustle with workers running here and there between stoves, ovens, and the refrigerators. The cacophony of noise in comparison to the quiet of the halls made you flinch.

The girls led you over to the same room where you'd had dinner before. When the doors swung open, you were assaulted by even more noise than in the kitchen. Every table was at least half-full, and everyone was chattering happily with each other. You saw a movement out of the conner of your eye and looked over to the head table where Yoseob was waving you over. The girls said goodbye before walking to where they had sat yesterday. You walked slowly over toward the blonde.

"Good morning~!" he said enthusiastically. He patted the chair between him and Dongwoon. Looking around, you noticed a couple of people were missing.

"Doojoon and Junhyung rarely eat breakfast," Hyunseung said answering questioning glance. You sat down as he continued. "Or if they do, we never see them. Doojoon usually sleeps til noon. Dongwoon's our early bird. Yoseob's a morning person, too. However, this one," he gestured to the younger who was currently drooling on the table. "He doesn't do well in the mornings. Do you Kiki?"

The black-haired boy sat up and glared at his taunter. He hissed, and then slumped back over the table.

"You see? We don't know why he comes to breakfast at all when all he does is sleep at the table." The brunette shook his head disdainfully. Then he reached across the table and picked up your plate. You finally noticed the food on the table.

You saw it was a selection of different human foods. You recognized eggs and bacon and those little circles of fried dough. What were they called? You thought for a moment, and then your eyes widened in wonder. Pancakes. You could feel your mouth watering.

A hand waved in your face, and you looked around in confusion at being broken from your revelry. The two next to you laughed at your reaction. Hyunseung simply smiled and shook his head before adding three of the little circles of heaven to your plate. You also got a big scoop of eggs and two strips of bacon. You signed thank you and turned to your plate.

You picked up one piece of bacon and chewed on it thoughtfully. When you finished the first piece, you picked up the second. You had never been a big fan of bacon, but it tasted fine and wasn't too chewy. While you were eating, you noticed how much quieter it had gotten. A lot of the people had left to go do whatever it was they were going to do, but the boys were talking amongst themselves. Dongwoon and Gikwang, who had finally awoken and filled his plate, were talking about some neighbors and their annoying pets. Hyunseung and Yoseob were talking, but it was so quiet you felt you weren't meant to hear it. You were content to just eat and think anyway.

The eggs were moist and seasoned to near perfection. You didn't know what was in them, but you loved it. You glanced up at Hyunseung with a face that demonstrated a request for more. He smiled at you and heaped another spoonful on your plate.

"You know, for someone whose eyes lit up at the mere existence of pancakes, you still haven't touched them." He crooked a smile at you then reached across to pick up your fork and cut out a piece of the fluffy deliciousness. He held it up to your lips while resting his head on his other hand. You looked at him cautiously, and then opened our mouth to let him shove the piece of pancake in.

You had missed pancakes. A lot. You didn't remember your life before being enslaved, but you knew that you loved pancakes. They were sweet like honey and fluffy like a cloud. Light and airy and completely delicious. You eventually came out of your happy stupor and found another piece waiting for you. When you ate that one, Hyunseung set the fork on your plate and turned to talk to Gikwang who had abandoned the hot foods at the table in favor of an apple.

You looked out of the corners of your eyes and noticed that Yoseob and Dongwoon appeared to be locked in a staring contest. Suddenly Dongwoon burst out, "You got to yesterday! I want a turn!" You jumped back in surprise; the other two at the table looked over at the fuming maknae as well. Hyunseung looked between the two sitting next to you then took on a thoughtful look. He looked back to you, and his eyes lit with understanding.

"Yoseob, you can not hog her attention, and Dongwoon, you have to ask her first anyway. There's no reason you should be yelling and whining like children." You cocked your head to the side in confusion. Hyunseung noticed you and smiled reassuringly before looking pointedly at Dongwoon.

"Um, well, can... can I feed you like Yoseob did yesterday at dinner?" he stuttered. You glanced at the blonde and saw him sulking in his seat. You looked at Hyunseung across from you who was watching the turn of events from over his coffee mug. Gikwang was still eating his apple and not bothering to pay attention to the situation. You glanced over at the sad looking puppy on your left before turning that direction in your seat and nodding.

He gave you a blinding smile and reclaimed the fork Hyunseung had abandoned earlier. You looked at the elder to see him smiling amusedly at the two of you. He turned to rejoin his conversation with Gikwang. You could practically feel the blonde pouting behind you.

Dongwoon was still grinning while he cut out a piece of pancake and held it up to your mouth. You obediently opened your mouth and let him feed you the pancake. When the pancakes were gone, he put the fork back on the plate. He smiled at you, and then stuck his tongue out at Yoseob who you were almost positive was still sulking behind you.

You turned back to face the table and sure enough, the blonde was definitely sulking. Hyunseung was finishing his coffee or whatever was in his mug and Gikwang had already finished his apple. You suddenly realized the five of you were the last remaining people in the room. Hyunseung set his mug down and started talking.

"Well, now that you're settled, there are some things that need to be taken care of." He looked at you and then the others at the table. Yoseob had perked up once Hyunseung started talking and was practically bouncing in his seat. Dongwoon was still smiling, and Gikwang looked indifferent. "While there are clothes in your room and you seem to be doing fine with finding things to wear, we really need to get you your own wardrobe. Since these three are the only ones up, I guess I'll send you with them. Gikwang can I trust you to keep those two under control?" He looked at the younger who shrugged.

"I suppose. It shouldn't be too difficult. Are we going to the usual outlet? And am I driving?" he asked still fairly indifferently.

"We always shop at the same outlet Kiki. And you can only drive if you promise to behave and not try to kill your passengers."

Gikwang glared at Hyunseung. "I never try to kill anyone. I just don't like to follow posted driving regulations."

"Like stop signs and speed limits..." you heard Yoseob mutter under his breath. He and Dongwoon started laughing, and even Hyunseung cracked a smile.

"Alright, I guess you can drive, but please, at least stop at the stop lights?" It worried you that a warning like that had to be given. It worried you more that Hyunseung was letting someone who drives like that behind the wheel of anything bigger than a scooter.

"Yeah, yeah, Umma. I'll behave at least a little," came the smart-alecky response. You looked to the sandy haired man with a confused look.

"I can't go because I have to make sure things run smoothly around here. If you haven't noticed, I'm almost the only mature person around here. Or at least the only mature person willing to take on the responsibility of running this place. I also have to be here in case someone gets hurt." You nodded in understanding. It must be hard to keep a house this big running.

"Hey, Yoseob, come with me for a minute." Yoseob got up and followed Hyunseung out the door. Gikwang yawned and laid back down on the table. You and Dongwoon watched him sleep until Hyunseung came back and smacked him on the back of the head. The black haired man shot up and looked around at lightening speed. When his eyes fell on Hyunseung, he glared at him and started hissing again. Hyunseung merely raised an eyebrow, and the younger stopped immediately.

Yoseob tapped you on the shoulder still bouncing in place. He motioned toward the door. When you still didn't respond (you were a little confused), he said, "Come on! Come on! Let's go! Woonie you too!" He glanced over to where Gikwang was getting reprimanded by Hyunseung. "Umm, we'll just wait for Gikwang in the car." You both nodded at the suggestion and followed Yoseob out the door.

He led you out into the window room, and you saw a hallway between the two staircases that curved up to the second and third floors. You hadn't seen the hallway before, but you were sure that you would have thought it was just more bedrooms. You looked around in confusion.

Yoseob turned and looked at you. "If you want look around here, I can give you a tour when we get back. Most people miss this part if they come off the stairs." he smiled, and then turned back to the twisty hallways. It was starting to feel like a maze. You were glad you hadn't wandered this way by yourself. You would have been lost in a few minutes you were sure.

You settled on just watching Dongwoon and Yoseob as they planned which stores to visit and talked about who they might see. You were listening but not very attentively. You were thinking about how you could get through this without showing any of the markings on your skin.

You were so engrossed in your thoughts that you didn't notice the presence sneaking up on you. Suddenly, an arm wrapped around your shoulders and pulled you towards a warm body. Your instincts tried to send you in the opposite direction away from the body, but the arm simply pulled you back into close contact with the presence.

"Woah there princess. Someone's a bit jumpy." It looked like Gikwang had caught up with the group. You tried to inconspicuously put some distance between you, but it didn't go unnoticed. "Aww baby doll. Why are you trying to escape? You know you find me irresistible." He smirked at you, and you gave up trying to escape. However, you also refused to look at him which seemed to put him off a bit.

"Gikwang you let go of that poor girl before you traumatize her! Try to restrain yourself at least a little!" the blonde ordered, coming to your aid.

"Hyung, you know I'm trying to control myself. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this problem. But she probably would be worse than traumatized," he said with a dark look. His arm slipped off your shoulders, and your group stopped in the middle of the hall. "She's new here, and I can't help that. Nothing can help me. I'm not an older demon, and I don't have a strong resistance to my instincts. I'm not like Hyunseung. He can ignore his." You weren't sure that you were supposed to be hearing this, so you backed towards the wall and fiddled with your hands.

Yoseob sighed, "I know you can't help it, Gikwang. Maybe you should just try to keep some space between you two. That way you can't scare her."

"That won't help," Gikwang replied shaking his head. "Distance makes the feeling stronger. I might end up doing something I would regret if you try to keep her too far from me. Exposure to her for long enough might be the only way to calm my instincts."

Yoseob looked thoughtful. "Laeri, I know you probably don't like being near anyone, but it's in your best interest to let Gikwang stick close, okay? You would be in more danger to be away from him. Can you manage it?" You nodded obediently and didn't flinch this time when an arm settled back around your shoulders. You didn't like it, but if they told you to do something, you would do it.

"I'll try not to talk so much. I know it makes it harder on you. Plus, I can't control my tongue if you know what I mean." He winked at you before his expression blanked, and he shook his head. "Sorry. I'll shut up now."

You nodded slowly, but this change in expression confused you greatly. One minute he's making insinuating comments, and the next, he's apologizing and trying to make amends. The mood switching made you more uncomfortable. You didn't dare move again under your orders, or at least what you were calling your orders, though. You just frowned and tried to figure out where you were and where they were taking you. This part of the house was like a labyrinth. You weren't sure how anyone managed to navigate these crisscrossing hallways.

"There's a lot of stuff back here that we don't want newbies to find. Like the cars. We make sure that everyone who gets to learn the way around here can handle themselves. We don't want frightened girls like you trying to jump in a car and get out of here. They'd get themselves killed. So we made this section as confusing as possible," Gikwang said absent-mindedly after seeing your confusion. "You can always ask one of us to take you to a specific room if we aren't busy."

Yoseob chuckled. "Are you feeling alright Gikwang? You just had an entire monologue without making something dirty."

Gikwang looked surprised. "Really?," he asked. He looked thoughtful for a minute before he smiled. A nice smile, not a smirk or a cocky half-smile. "I told you this would work better."

"We'll have to see about that. Oh, here we are." Yoseob stopped walking. You were stopped in front of a blank wall. You frowned and gave a confused look to the blonde only to find he'd disappeared. Dongwoon walked towards the wall and disappeared too. You were pretty sure your eyes were as big as saucers. You knew you looked funny because Gikwang had started chuckling next to you. He pulled you along as he walked toward the wall. You didn't think about it as you dug your heels in. You were still in shock having watched two people disappear. Gikwang sighed, "I guess we're doing this the hard way." He swung you up, so he was carrying you bridal style and walked easily toward the wall. As you approached the wall, you noticed that you started to lean more into Gikwang which made him laugh. "Do you really think something bad's going to happen?" You just stared as he walked straight up to the wall. A second before you would have smashed into the wall, you closed your eyes.

Instead of a crash, you felt like you were walking through a wall of mist. You blinked your eyes open and found two very amused people trying not to laugh at you. "Hey sweetheart, you wanna stop trying to shred my shirt now, so I can put you down?" Gikwang said amusedly. You hadn't realized that you had started clinging to him. You sheepishly relinquished your hold on his shirt, and he set you down carefully on your feet. He smoothed his shirt and tried to adjust it back to normal. You stared at the floor and tried not to fidget too much. This was something you were expecting to get in trouble for. It was your fault his shirt got messed up. "Rawr! Kitten's got claws," he teased. You looked up and found that he wasn't mad. On the contrary, he actually just looked more amused.

"Alright. Stop teasing the little girl, Kiki," Yoseob said. He threw something at the black haired man who caught it easily about a second before it hit his face. He twirled the keys around his finger and walked to the driver side of a yellow car with a sleek aerodynamic shape. It looked positively deadly fast.

"I got shotgun!" Yoseob called out before running to the passenger side door. Dongwoon smiled and shook his head. He opened the back door and motioned you in. You got in and signed thank you. He closed the door and walked around to the other side. Everyone buckled in, and you folded your hands in your lap.

"This is it," the blonde said in a dramatic voice from the seat in front of you. "Drumroll please!" The two others humored the blonde. "Laeri's first ever...... SHOPPING SPREE!"

 

A/N  ok so.... you people should comment more. Special thanks to czarinaann96 and dashLah oh and FreakyJJ who have been praticipating in the guessing game. come on people! play along :P. lol i'd appreciate it!

so there may or may not be an update tomorrow, it depends on if i get in the writing mood. but the next one (two or three) chapter(s) are going to be fluffy! with a glance to the past. and oooh.... what's up with Kiki? will he play a part in that?

and hey.... i've been... planning something. but..... should i do it? i have been thinking about writing chapters that correspond with the beginning chapters but from the members viewpoints. plus then you get to see what hyunseung said to yoseob. the first one is in doojoon's so it's fine unless for some reason you wanna know what laeri's doing right then.... but the extra chapters would not interfere with the semi-regular *cough cough* not really* updates i promise. i would do them in my spare time between updates. and they won't have to be as long. just leave a comment with yes or no in it and i'll decide based on that.

k thanx bye!

Comme si de rien n'etait, As if nothing ever happened. who knows where it's from? hint hint it's from U-kiss but they don't say it. emi and addy you can't answer.

Papa l'Americano!