Chapter 9

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: I just saw the last episode of Music and Lyrics with Junho and So Eun. Can't really judge right now cause it had no subs, but it felt.. bittersweet. But at least their song was amazing! AND OMG GOGUMA COUPLE REUNITED AS MCs IN MUSIC CORE. Now I just need Khuntoria to reunite too. Somewhere. Anywhere. Seriously. Anyways, here's Chapter 9!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I never told him about it, and I don't know if he ever thought the same way I did, but the whole time we were married, I had always believed we were in "a relationship" together, even if it had only been one-sided. It just felt so much like that, and it seemed like the words "virtual marriage" didn't even exist anymore. 

I saw all the interviews in those episodes. How he's always wished it was real.

That's why it hurt me so much when it ended, and even more when he stopped talking. But what's done is done. The past is the past, and it's a new beginning.

We were friends now. It's probably not what I want, but it was the right thing to do. If I had confessed to him, told him my true feelings at that moment, how would he have reacted? I couldn't risk it. He had a girlfriend, and even though it was only for publicity, I didn't want to ruin that. And if we were caught by the media... I was here on vacation, not to create a scandal. 

I fell asleep that night and promised myself not to do anything stupid when I was with Nickhun. Since we had resolved everything between us, I had a feeling Nickhun would be around more than before, despite Suri still being his "girlfriend".

 

The next morning, I went down for breakfast, and I saw Suri sitting alone at a table nearby. I tried to walk away quickly so she wouldn't see me, but I guess I wasn't fast enough as she saw me and waved at me to sit with her. I had no other choice, and I prepared myself for the awkwardness.

"Good morning, Victoria! How nice to see you!" She had a bright smile, and from the tone of her voice, she seemed like a morning person.

"Hello, Suri. How are you?" She looked at me strangely for a few seconds, meanwhile, the awkward feeling was still lingering between us.

She looked around the restaurant, and then her face changed from a bright expression to a serious one. "Did you and Nickhun finally talk? I had to make sure there were no cameras around us, but now we can talk properly."

"What? What do you mean? How do you know?"

She laughed. "Ever since I met Nickhun, I felt like there was something wrong with him. He always looked so happy and positive all the time, but I could feel that there was always something on his mind. It was you, Victoria. I've seen all of your episodes together, from beginning to end. "

I almost choked on my breakfast. "Excuse me? What..?"

She started laughing again, and I wondered: Did Suri know something I didn't? "As you know, Nickhun and I worked on a drama together, so we naturally became really close.  He told me everything, about how he ended all contact with you, and avoided you. He told my how much it hurt him, and how he still... well, anyways. I knew how devastated he was. But I'm guessing you already knew all that. I saw you two at the cafe yesterday. I'm happy the two of you have worked things out now."

I smiled. "Yes, it's... nice." She gave me a questioning look.

"But you're not happy being friends, are you?"

"I never said that! I'm happy about Nickhun as my friend, and that's--"

"All right, calm down! You guys are friends, I get it." But that look was still there.

"What about you and Nickhun? Why are you talking to me like this when you're his girlfriend?" It was my turn to ask the questions now.

"What? Me and Nickhun? Seriously?" She tried to hold back her laugh. "We're nothing. Honest. The company just told us to hang out once in a while, and the media decided to say we were a couple. The company saw it as promotion for our new drama, so they told us to play along. I don't like him in any way whatsoever," Her look was reassuring, and I could tell that she was telling the truth, so I decided to take her word for it.

Suddenly, her cellphone rang. It was her manager, calling her for her next schedule.

"By the way, don't tell Nickhun that we met today, if that's alright with you. He'll get all suspicious and start interrogating me or somthing, He's really protective when it comes to you." I agreed. Plus, telling Nickhun would make things even more awkward than it already was.

"Oh, before I go, can I have an autograph?" She smiled widely as I signed a piece of paper she had given me.

As she walked away, I could hear her giggle and say: "Yes! Now I have the autograph of both halves of the Khuntoria couple!" I guess she really was a big fan.

 

I countinued eating my breakfast alone after Suri had finished, and when I finished, I decided to take the elevator and go back to my room. When the elevator doors opened, there was Nickhun. He looked up, surprised to see me. "Going up?"

I nodded, and got in the elevator. I pushed the button for my floor, and the doors closed. Awkward silence starts, both of us not even looking at anything but the floor below us. I decided to try to end the awkward atnosphere. "Where are you going?"

He smiled, and started rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, actually... I was on my way to see you." His ears turned red. 

I held back my giggle. "See me? What for?"

"Well, my family went t hang out at the beach for the day, and I thought we could... maybe do something together?" By now, his ears were extremely red. The elevator doors opened, as it had reached my floor.

I turned around and said: "Sure, why not? It's be nice to hang out again." 

He smiled so widely, showing off his pearly white teeth. "OK! Meet you in the lobby in half an hour?"

I nodded, th elevator doors closed. I thought I heard a "Yes!", but maybe I was just hearing things. 

Oh my gosh. We're going out somewhere. Just Nickhun and I. For the first time since our marriage ended. What am I gonna wear? I have to stay calm.

But even though I was worried, my heart was beating so fast. "Like popping popcorn?", as I used to describe it. I couldn't help but smile as I headed back in my room to get ready.

Today's going to be a good day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Nickhun and Victoria are hanging out in Thailand! What will the Chinese Princess and the Thai Prince in the Prince's Kingdom? See, Suri's not bad, just another KhunToria fan/shipper like we are! We'll have to see in the next Chapter~ I apologize if this chapter seems a bit too short...  I know I said it in the beginning of the chapter, but I'll say it again: MUSIC AND LYRICS. FINAL EPISODE, OMG. No subs, so no tears yet, but they'll come, I know it :'( Then when the episode ended with the pictures and OST song playing, it was so perfect. Anyways, See you all in Chapter 10~ OMG I reached the double digits LOL

Thank you all for the views, comments, and subscriptions! Keep them coming please~  The support is always motivating :)