Chapter 7

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: Hopefully I can update regularly for a bit since I have a long weekend~ Enjoy Chapter 7!

 

~~~

 

I woke up to the sight of the sunshine, and it made me think that maybe today would be a good day. But I still couldn't stop thinking about what had happened last night.

After what Nickhun's mother had told me, I finally knew why Nickhun did what he did, but I wish Nickhun would have told me himself. What he was feeling, what he was thinking. But I guess I never really gave him a chance, did I?

Who was that girl Nickhun was with? I know I had told myself that I shouldn't jump into conclusions, that would just cause misunderstandings. But still couldn't help it, I just couldn't get it out of my mind, how they looked so close, and.. I shook my head. It would just give me a big headache.

I decided to go on an early walk on the beach again, just to forget everything, even if just for a little while. The sun was shining, but it was still pretty early, and the beach didn't have many people, so I decided to take the opportunity.

 

The beach was so peaceful. The only sounds I could hear were the crashing waves and the sounds of the seagulls. I sat on the sand and looked towards the water, just staring into open space. I took in the smell of the water. Salty. It was nice, just looking out at the open ocean, watching the sun rise from the horizon. To just forget about everything. I remember when I went to the beach with Nickhun to watch the sunset. Now I'm alone, watching the sunrise. It felt strange, somewhat of an empty feeling.

After watching the sunrise, I decided to walk back to the hotel to eat breakfast. But when I got up and turned around and faced the direction of the hotel, I saw someone walking back to the hotel too. Tall, muscular back, brown hair, wearing a white bracelet. I didn't need to see his face, I knew who it was.

Maybe I wasn't watching the sunrise alone after all.

 

Since the weather was so enjoyable today, I decided to just explore Hua Hin, going around to the various markets and eating the different types of Thai food.  The market was so lively, compared to the one I went to at Maldives. No one recognized me either, which was a pleasant surprise, I didn't even try to put on a diguise.

I spent most of my time shopping for souvenirs to give to the members, and trying out various Thai food. But the Pad Thai tasted really good. I remembered making it for Nickhun during 2PM's comeback stage. It was the first time I cooked something foreign, and I was really nervous about giving it to him, but he really liked it, much to my surprise.

I felt like someone was following me as I walked in each store and looked at each stall, but I decided to ignore it and just enjoy myself. I was on vacation after all!

Eventually so much time passed, I didn't even notice the large number of bags I was holding until I was calling a cab to go back to the hotel. But while I was waiting for the taxi, I ran into him. With that girl from last night. I pretended not to see him, but the girl took notice of me, and they headed towards my direction.

As much as Nickhun and I needed to talk, I didn't need things to start out like this. Way too awkward. I prayed to myself that the taxi would come quickly.

But before I could to turn around to see if they were still there, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

" You're Victoria, right? Come on, Nickhun, it's that girl you've been talking so much about!" Hearing that, I smiled to myself.

"Hello, Victoria." He smiled at me. I guess I wasn't the only one who felt awkward. 

The girl's name was Suri, a Thai actress Nickhun worked with in a Thai drama he starred in a few months ago. I knew who she was, but she looks so different in TV as compared to real life, which was probably why I didn't recognize her when I saw her last night.

Suri continued to talk to me, while Nickhun didn't say anything, he just occasionally glanced at me, I could see in his eyes that he was worried. What would he be worried about?

Then Suri told me that she was Nickhun's girlfriend. His eyes widened, and he told her: "I thought we weren't telling anyone about this." Suri ignored what he said, and looked at me.

"But Victoria knows our situation. She wouldn't tell anyone cause we can trust her, right?" She smiled at me.

"...Right. Of course you can." I forced a smile. My heart felt like it shattered into a billion pieces. 

Eventually, Suri and Nickhun had to leave, but then she noticed that I was holding a lot of bags. 

"Nickhun! Stay here until Victoria's cab comes, look at how much bags she has! Just call me when Victoria leaves and I'll tell you where I am." She whispered something in his ear, and he nodded. She walked away.

He looked at me, with a worried expression on his face. "Look, I know it's strange, but if you just let me explain--"

I looked at him, and I couldn't help it, I knew I was giving him an angry look. I said in a bitter tone: "Suri already explained everything, didn't she? I wish you two the best of luck in your relationship." I looked away, refusing to talk or hear any more on the subject. I guess Nickhun understood, and didn't say anything more. 

The taxi came a few minutes later, and we loaded the shopping bags into the trunk. Before I got in the cab, he grabbed my wrist. I looked down at it, he was wearing the bracelet? Did he read my letter?

"We need to talk. Please meet me at the cafe tonight. My mom told me you both talked last night. I promise I'll tell you everything. " With that, he left.

I told the driver to go back to the hotel, and then I started to ponder on what had just happened.

Did Nickhun read my letter? He was wearing the bracelet, but maybe he bought a new one? And when did he get a girlfriend? Why didn't he tell me anything? Why would be be so mad seeing me and Juan together that night at Maldives when he himself had a girlfriend? More and more questions started to pile up in my head.

My heart was hurting so much. Should I even go to see him tonight? I thought I was ready to talk to him, but I'm starting to feel unsure.

But I decided to give Nickhun the benefit of the doubt. It was time we sorted things out between us, whether it ends badly or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: There's Chapter 7! Sorry if it seems short and a little slow, I feel really drained today. Now some of you are probably wondering why Nickhun has a girlfriend, but I have a perfectly good explanation coming up. And Suri will not be like Juan, I promise. She'll probably just have a small appearance. But I think the story will have a few more chapters left! I hope you guys are still enjoying the story! Comment, comment, comment please! And to the silent readers, I'm fine with it, but if you feel the need to say something about the story, don't hesistate! Almost 2000 views and nearing 50 subscribers! Never did I think this story would get such numbers, thank you all so much! See you all in Chapter 8~