Chapter 10

Do(n't) Look Back

I came to the lobby half an hour later, as Nickhun had told me. The day was just starting, and the sun shone so brightly, making today a perfect day for an adventure. Going somewhere with Nickhun on a sunny day, just like before. My heart soared at the thought, and I was so happy. My mouth was starting to hurt so much from smiling, but I really couldn't help myself.

As I looked around the lobby, I couldn't see him. I headed outside to see if he was there. Since I didn't see him outside either, I decided to go back inside and wait for him. But as I turned around to head back inside, I heard a loud honk. "Victoria! Over here!"

I looked towards the direction of the voice. It was Nickhun, with a car? He smiled widely, I guess I wasn't the only one who was excited. 

I walked around the car, it was pretty nice, and the roof was down so we were able to enjoy the sunshine. I looked at Nickhun, who still had that huge smile on is face, and I was still speechless.

"What,,, How did you...? When..?" 

He laughed at my inability to speak. "It's my car. I bought it when i came to Thailand with you before, but I never told you. I thought that before we divorced, we could come back here and have another road trip, but it was so sudden, so... anyways, forget about that. You and I are here now, and we're going on a road trip!" He started the car engine as I got on the car and put my seatbelt on.

But he was right. The divorce, it all happened so quickly. It felt like... there we no clarity. In the end, it felt rushed, and definitely unexpected. I understand that it was probably cause we had became busier, causing schedule conflicts, I guess. But I guess it really hit home when Nickhun told me this. We still had so many things we wanted to do, so many plans we wanted to make, but all good things have to come to and end eventually, right?

Pretty soon, we drove off, not necessarily having a destination, at least not one that I know off. Anyways, I trusted Nickhun. What better way to drive in Thailand than with the Thai prince, right?

As we drove along the highway, it was so relaxing. The sun shining down on us, and I could feel and smell the sea breeze, since the road was beside the ocean. But I was curious as to what we were going to do. "Nickhun-sshi, where are we going?" I looked towards him, and I guess I didn't notice, but when I looked at him, I noticed he was already looking at me. He looked back on the road again, his ears becoming red. 

"We're going to the beach of course! To see the yolk!"

Yolk? Ahh... I see. He still remembers. That brought a smile to my face. "Are we going to see the sunset?" I smiled. It was only the beginning of the day, but I knew Nickhun. I was probably right.

But all he said was: "Moola~" Unknowingly, I hit his shoulder. "Aish! Why are you acting like that? So annoying..." I pouted an looked away. 

"Victoria, don't be like that... it's a nice day, just trust me, alright?" He looked my way again, and he poked my cheek. 

I couldn't hold back my smile. "All right, I trust you. But we're not just going to the beach, are we?" He didn't reply, he simply grinend.

Well, I guess he had things planned out, so all I needed to do was enjoy myself. The drive was pretty long, and we spent most of it just by listening to music and just taking in the scenery. It was a nice feeling to be around Nickhun like this again, just enjoying each other's presence. There was less pressure as well, since there were no cameras. But no matter what, I told myself, just friends. I couldn't go any farther than that, even if I wanted to.

"Nickhun, I'm hungry,"

"Victoria, I'm hungry."

We said this at the same time, and we looked at each other and laughed. It's so strange that this always happened to us. He really was another me.

"Well, we're close to a restaurant, so why don't we stop here for a while?" Nickhun parked the car and we headed inside the restaurant. 

 

We took the spot outside at the patio, which overlooked the ocean. We both ordered our food, and we talked as we waited for our food.

"I was always curious about your drama in China... How was it?" Oh no, the drama. I had never expected to ever talk to Nickhun again, so that's why I took on the part. It was also a good opportunity to promote f(x) internationally, I couldn't pass it up. But having to explain this to Nickhun, it was going to be difficult.

"It was amazing! Everyone was really nice, and it was the first time I ever acted for a drama, so I had a really fun time." I didn't overexaggerate, I didn't lie. I just told him my honest feelings. As long as he didn't talk about--

"But that wedding dress... what did you think about that?" His expression became a little stiff when he said that. Oh no. Not that topic. Talking about the drama was awkward enough to begin with.

"Oh.. that's nothing. I've worn wedding dresses before... and anyways," I leaned in his ear to whisper: "The one I wore at our wedding was way better," His ears turned extremely red again. He looked at me, wide-eyed, and I just laughed. But his wide-eyed face quickly changed to one with a triumphant smile. "That's good." 

He became much happier after that. I don't know if it was because of what I had said, or if it was because the waiter came with our food right after I did that. 

The food was amazing, I ordered a pad thai with papaya salad, while he ordered a large steak. It was funny thatI ordered Thai food and he didn't, and got a big steak instead. "I can always ask you or my mom to make me any of these things, while a steak is something I can eat once in a while." As usual, Nickhun-appa hasn't changed a bit. Like that time in Jeju island, when he kept telling me to eat the less common  foods, since the whole meal was pretty expensive. 

It had become such a habit, it was natural that Nickhun would feed me some of his steak. Ocassionally, I would feed him some of my food as well.

As I was halfway through my food, I noticed Nickhun had already finished his food, He excused himself to go to the washroom, and it gave me a good opportunity to check myself and my thoughts. I keep telling myself, it's just two friends going on a trip somewhere, not a couple. But then I think about what happened, with me whispering into his ear, feeding each other, and him poking my cheek. Were we progressing too quickly? I shook my head at the thought? Progressing? We were just friends!

Nickhun came back before I could continue, and he seemed  anxious. He kept looking around us, like something was going to happen. I looked at him strangely. "Is there something wrong?" I guess he figured out that I noticed his anxiousnness, and he said he was just looking if any cameras were around. I nodded and understood. Although we didn't look too recognizable, we still had to look out if there were any photographers around. He asked me if I was ready for dessert. Seeing as I had finished my food, I nodded. He suggested we try the chocoale fudge brownie and vanilla sundae, as the restaurant was apparently very well know for it. It sounded amazing, so I agreed.

As the waiter came with our dessert, I noticed my plate looked different compared to his. Then I saw it. He wrote a letter using the caramel sauce. Just like that time when we had cheesecake during our previous trip here at Thailand. I looked at him and smiled, and he smiled back at me. He was silent as I read the letter to myself.

To Victoria,

We're finally back here together at Thailand! It's been a long time since we were last here together, and there were a few ups and downs, but we made it! It feels like a brand new start, and I'm happy you allowed it to happen.

Also, Thank you for accepting my apology and being undertanding my situation with Suri. There's nothing to be jealous about, promise ;D

Here's to a long friendship and more memories that we'll make together! I missed you <3

Your best friend, 

Pabo Nickhun~

So that's why he was so anxious around me while we were waiting for the dessert! It was about this letter, not the media! I should;ve known, he always acts like this when he prepares events like this. But it also made me realize how much time we were apart from each other, and it came to the point where we might have even forgetten about the smallest details.

But it was truly touching. "Thank you, Nickhun-sshi." I raised my glass, and so did he, and we did a toast. "To a new start, our frienship, and more memories with Pabo Nickhun!" He grinned as we did the toast.

"Yes, to a new start and our.. friendship." I could sense he was holding something back, but I knew I was just being delusional, so I ignored it.

After eating our delicious lunch, we continued our drive to the beach to see the sunset. I was extremely happy, it was like Nickhun and I never seperated. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I felt like I was Nickhun's wife all over again. 

And that didn't trouble me at all. I looked up at the cleat sky, with a bright smile on my face.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: And there's Chapter 10! I hope I put enough Khuntoria cuteness in this chapter, but their trip's not over yet, there's more to come~ Some scenes I wrote were inspired by the moments when KhunToria went to Thailand! So anyways, see you all in Chapter 11! Hopefully I can avoid writing drama for a little while longer for our lovely KhunToria couple! Oh, and is it true that Jay Park is next for Music and Lyrics? And that it's more than 3 epsiodes? Jay Park is cool and all, but that is not fair :( I wanted to see the scene when the JoEun couple held hands, there were probably so many skinship moments edited out because of the 3 episode limit, but at least there was a lot in the last episode :(

By the way, I posted a new story as well, it's called "Time Machine", based on the SNSD song and PV that is also called "Time Machine". Do check it out if you can, and give comments! :) I've been feeling inspired tonight, probably after listening to so many ballads LOL