Chapter 13

Do(n't) Look Back

It had been a month or two already since I returned from Thailand. Nchkhun left a week after I did, and since Thailand, we've barely kept in touch. I understood, it was much harder to communicate here in Korea, since there were so many people around. Fans, managers, staff. It would be too suspicious, and be too difficult. 

Lee Soo Man was... well, he wasn't as harsh as I thought he would be. He was definitely angry that I went to Thailand. When he asked why I went there, I couldn't answer, so I didn't. That just seemed to frustrate him even more. He asked if anything had happened with Nichkhun and I, as he had seen the pictures of the two of us with Suri when we were eating breakfast. I told him that nichkhun and I were just friends, and that we were taking the time to catch up, and he had brought along Suri. Seeing that Suri was Nichkhun's "girlfriend", he stopped being suspicious, much to my relief.

As for the show I was casted for, it had turned out to be for an action drama! SM had decided to give me a new image from the aegyo leader of f(x) to somewhat of a more of a ier image since I play a hardcore spy in the drama. My acrobatic skills helped quite a lot since I had so many stunts, and I felt that it was appropriate that I did it myself.

Nichkhun was a little apprehensive about my role the drama though. He expressed this in a phone call we had after he had seen the first few episodes.

"y image? Why would they give you an image like that?"

"Why? You don't think I'm y?" Oops. That wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth.

"Uhmm... well... you know what I think." He whispered it in a deep, husky tone. Oh crap.

"So you think it suits me? I didn't think I would be able to pull it off at first..."

"Of course it suits you. But I have another question - who's your love interest?" He seemed to be trying to control his anger as he said this.

"Well... there's an actor, but-"

"But what?"

"I don't know who he is. No one seems to know but the director himself." I heard a growl on the other side of the phone, then a sigh.

"Well, there's not much I can do but keep watching the drama, right?" He seemed pretty disappointed not to know, but I didn't either, so there wasn't much that I could do about it.

The phone call continued on, just about other things. He and Suri had officially "called it quits" after a few weeks after their movie was released. He was now focusing on an upcoming 2PM comeback, plus he had been recieving some scripts for dramas as well, since people had seen that he acted well in his Thai movie.

"Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up in the same drama together?" The possibility was small, but I wouldn't mind if we were able to see each other again and not have to hide from anyone.

 

 

We were already a few weeks into shooting the drama. We were a little bit past the halfway point of the drama, when the director told me that my "love interest" would be intorduced into the drama soon. He said that the person would be coming into the set today to pick me up for dinner.

"Dinner? That's awfully nice, but why?" It felt like a date to me.

"Just so you guys can get along. You guys will be partners for the rest of the drama, and you guys are gonna have a lot of scenes together. By having dinner, I'm hoping you guys will be at least comfortable with each other."

"Can you at least tell me who he is?"

"I'm right behind you." The voice sounded familiar. I'm sure I know who this person was. I turned around and I saw...

Shim Changmin. Wait, him?

"Max!" I gave him a hug. It was nice that my "love interest" was someone I knew well, since not only are we close friends in the same company, but it would be much easier to act with him since it was my acting debut.He hugged me a little longer than I thought, but I decided not to look into it too much. We hadn't seen each other in a while, since he constantly travelled from Japan to Korea with Tohoshinki promotions.

"I'm here! And I'm your partner in this drama! Please take care of me!" He bowed at me and the director. Although he was known for his snarky attitude, he still had his manners.

After a few minutes of small talk with the director, we set out to a nearby restaurant to have dinner. Since it was close by, we merely had to walk.

But while walking, I heard one camera snap. Then another. And another. All of a sudden, there were so much flashing cameras around us. Then, Changmin held my hand and led me to the entrance of the restaurant.

"I'll explain when we get to our table, but for now, just keep your head down," He whispered. I didn't like the feeling of this. Not at all.

 

 

"WAIT, WHAT? This wasn't part of what the director had told me!" Changmin had just explained the real plan of us going to dinner together. The company had decided that it would be better promotion for the drama if he and I "faked" a relationship, at least until the drama ends. Apparently, rating would be an even more dramatic increase if the f(x) leader and the TVXQ maknae were in a relationship in not only the drama, but in real life as well.

"It's alright, we'll only have to pull this off until the drama ends. For now, let's just continue our act, alright? The cameras still hadn't left, and were taking pictures of us from the outside. I can see the headlines now: "TVXQ CHANGMIN AND f(x) VICTORIA - SME LOVERS!". Not good at all.

The whole time he explained it to me, all I could think about was - what would Nichkhun think? Would he be secretly jealous? Is he going to be angry?

It didn't take long for me to find my answer - it turns out Nichkhun was at a table near us, having dinner with s. As I looked to his direction, it seemed he was looking at me. And he didn't look happy. It might have been caused by when Changmin pulled out a chair for me to sit on, or the fact that we entered the restaurant holding hands. It would not be a pretty situation.

I suddenly felt my cellphone ring, so I excused myself to the washroom. But just as I was about to enter the washroom, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the back door that led to an empty alley. I looked at the face of the person who grabbed me, and it was Nichkhun, not looking very happy.

"What are you doing here, with him? And why were you holding hands?" From the way he looked, it looked like smoke was about to come out from his ears. In addition, he seemed pretty pissed off.

I know I have a ton of explanation to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And here comes the dramaa~ There's Chapter 12 for you folks. IAPOLOGIZE FOR THE EXTREMELY LATE UPDATE :'(My last update was what, a month ago? I'm soo sorry! I couldn't find time to write, and when I did, I would keep putting it off, and all of a sudden, I had created an unplanned hiatus. But that's over now!! I'll definitely update more often now -- I promise! I have summer vacation now, so hopefully I can finish this story by September! I'm creating situations at the moment that will eventually lead to the ending that I have planned, so if anyone had any suggestions, criticisms for the story they would be greatly appreciated! Not too harsh please~

I couldn't decide between Kyuhyun from Super Junior or Changmin from TVXQ as the secondary love interest, but I picked Changmin since I'm a big DBSK fan (and I am in no way an ELF, sorry :P) and I know his personality more - but maybe it would've made more sense if I had picked Kyuhyun since him and Victore seem closer? I dunno about Vitoria's other friends/relationships since I only focus on Khuntoria LOL

I'm also thinking of writing a Woou couple story - I love them so much! I dunno if it's chaptered or a one-shot yet, but it'll definitely be highschool theme. Look forward to it! Also, thanks for everyone's support and subscriptions! I really do appreciate it!

I'm back, and here to stay!!! (hopefully ;D)