Chapter 6

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: I'm backk! Sorry for the long wait, but things are going back to the crazy with school and everything. Lyrics credit goes to divineayu website~ Here's Chapter 6! BTW, Before I rant about Music and Lyrics again at the end of the chapter, I must say that the song is AMAZING.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

Because if it's fate like we said
then we can meet again somewhere.
It's ok so I agreed.
Because I'm strong.

monochrome - Ayumi Hamasaki

Nickhun-sshi,

I'm sorry you're reading this letter. I'm sorry that I can't say this with you listening to me. But if I saw you, I wouldn't be able to say this properly. I realized after seeing you today, that wherever I go, you'd follow if you could. And so I'm starting with this letter,

Everyday, since we parted, since we stopped being husband and wife, I had always wondered, "How is he? What is he doing right now? What is he thinking about?" I'd try to find you on the internet to see what you were doing everyday until I had another schedule. After a year of thinking, I realized: Maybe you had moved on, and despite having such good memories together, everything will be just that, a memory. I thought I could do the same, and so I wanted to visit every place we went together, and for the last time, look back on all the times we spent together. That's why you saw me at Maldives. And coincidentally, here in Thailand. I never planned to come here, but fate has its ways, doesn't it?

But the one year we didn't see each other, it really hurt me. It hurt me so much. Why didn't you talk to me? I really tried to understand that you were busy, I really did, but I never heard from you. Not one text, not a single phone call. When I'd see you at music shows, you'd barely glance at me, it made it hard for me to think that you'd actually acknowledge my presence. It became awkward, and it hurt. So much that I's used to cry every night, and smiling became something difficult for me to do for a while. But I needed to push through, to trudge on, despite not seeing you at all anymore. Eventually, I did, but I never stopped hurting.

I don't know what will become of us in the future, but thank you. There will never be enough times that I will be able to say this.

When I'm ready, I will find you. I promise. I never explained to you why I needed to be alone, but it's because I want to think things clearly. I want us to be friends, and end our situation with some clarity.

Anyways, I found this at the beach at Maldives, and I thought it was yours. But even if it's not, I'll give it to you, cause it reminded me of you.

With love,

Victoria

 

I put the letter inside the envelope, along with the white bracelet, I wore the one Nickhun gave me, and I'm surprised I had never replaced it, it seemed appropriate now that I'm in Thailand. I asked the people at the front desk to give the letter to Nickhun when they see him. I wasn't fully prepared to actually meet Nickhun and talk to him, but I felt the need to write that in the letter. After giving the letter, I walked back to the elevators to go back to my room, and I saw him. Again. Arm in arm. With another girl. He was wearing a suit while she was wearing this long red dress. It looked like that dress I wore when he proposed to me during our photoshoot.

He said something to her, ane she laughed, poking his cheek. 

Not wanting to misunderstand and jump into things too quickly, I looked away, and pressed the up button to call an elevator. I prayed that the elevator would come quickly, hoping that I couls avoid an awkward conversation. Finally I heard a ding, and I went in the nearest elevator that I could. Just before I went in the elevator, I looked towards Nickhun again,and this time, and he was looking directly at me. Our eyes locked for a moment until the elevator doors closed.

Suddenly, a flood of questions entered my mind. Who was that girl, and what was she doing with him? Why were they all dressed up? Why is she touching his face, like they were really close? But I really didn't want to misunderstand, and although I might not know Nickhun as much as I used to, I found it hard for me to view him as a playboy image. But, why was I even feeling this, was it jealousy? We're not even in a relationship!

The elevator stopped a few floors below the floor where my room was located, and I was wondering who would take the elevator up so late at night. But when the elevator doors opened, what I saw left me completely shocked.

"U-Umma?" I couldn't find the right term, so I said that instead,

It was Nickhun's mother.

 

Instead of going to my room, she asked if we could talk, so we went to the rooftop cafe of the hotel, which was still open. I looked around, trying to see if Nickhun was there. She noticed, and assured me Nickhun wouldn't come up here, as he was busy doing something.

Probably doing something busy with that girl, I suppose. I felt something boil up inside me, it didn't feel good. Jealousy? Anger? I held it back.

"I'm really happy you're here, Victoria. I don't know if it's fate or merely just a coincidence, but it was like you came right in the nick of time." She smiled happily at me, but I could feel that something was wrong.

"Is there something wrong? Is it Nickhun? The family?" I started to grow concerned. Even if I didn't talk much to Nickhun, his family was still important to me, I felt like I was a part of the family, even though I had only met them once.

"Nickhun came to Thailand later than I had expected, and he told me he needed to get things 'sorted out' before he came to see us. But when we did see him, he looked... different. He seemed sad, even lifeless. I didn't know what was wrong, and some nights, he wakes up, screaming your name, and he would tell me he had a dream about you." She took a short pause. I was really surprised to hear this. Was Nickhun thinking about me too?

She continued talking. "I know what he did, Victoria. How he stopped contacting you and how he changed his number and tried his best to avoid you whenever you were both near each other, but please understand that what he was doing was never to hurt your feelings. But as an idol, and being in 2PM, he really thought he had to set his responsibilities as an idol first." I had never thought about that, but now that she told me, I understood, With us being idols, even a small sign of friendship could become something blown way out of proportion in the media.

"I know it's been really difficult for you, Victoria, and on behalf of Nickhun, I really am sorry. I can't imagine what you must have felt, other than the fact that it really hurt you." I nodded, and tears started to well up in my eyes. It hurt me to know, that while I was suffering, Nickhun was as well. 

"I tried to tell him that cutting off all contact with you would make things worse, would break everything you had together. But he was persistent. He told me that whenever the time came, fate would bring the two of you back together. He relied on that fact, that he'd see you again." That's why he was there in Maldives. He had wanted to talk to me, to explain himself and sort out the problems we had towards each other. 

We continued talking a little bit more, about our families, myself and my career, then she left. She told me Nickhun's room number, just in case I ever decided to talk to him.

On the way back to my room, I just started thinking. Taking in all that she had just told me, I felt so many emotions. I was angry at myself for running away. I was frustrated by the fact that Nickhun would just do all that, but he had the right reasons to do it. When I got back to my room, I just started crying, and the tears wouldn't stop.

But after I finally stopped crying, I realized: we really needed to talk, didn't we? Me avoiding Nickhun didn't help at all. But now I was ready to talk to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: There's Chapter 6! Hopefully it was long enough :) I just decided to make a chapter today, but I have a long 4-day weekend coming up, so hopefully I can put up one chapter a day this weekend! I think I have an ending, but I'm not really sure if it's a good ending, but it does leave the possibilty for a sequel ;D OMG Music and Lyrics with Junho and SoEun! I finally saw the english subs, and it was so good! The song was awesome, and I did feel bad for SoEun at the beginning, because of the directors were really harsh towards her, though I understood why they were. But the song ended up to be so amazing! I can't wait for the actual song to come out! I hope that Junho does a solo one as well, or a duet with SoEun, since they have good voices, and Junho sang the song so amazingly!! Only one more episode left unfortunately :( BUT OMG THE SKINSHIP AND THE FEEDING EACH OTHER AND THE DRIVING TO SOMEWHERE TO HAVE FUN.... does that sound familiar to you? ;D Maybe it's just the delusional Khuntoria fan in me :P Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! See you all in Chapter 7!