Chapter 4

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: Khuntoria reunites... for how long? Sorry for the long wait, I needed to figure out how to apporach this situation properly... Here's Chapter 4! Credits for the image above goes to the owner~

~~~

He looked so angry... I'd never seen him like this before. But what was he doing here? Out of all places... why here?

"...What? What are you doing here? Why are you---" I couldn't find the worrds to say, I was practically speechless. He took my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.

"Victoria, who is he? Please... please tell me." The anger in his voice turned desperate, even sadness. I could see it in his eyes, He looked devastated. 

"No one... he's just a friend I met recently,,, can you tell me why--" Suddenly he pulled me in for a hug and breathed a sigh of relief. I was so surprised by it, I couldn't react. It felt the same as all the other times before, his long, protecting arms, a perfect fit.  But even if he's here... I can't... not again. I pulled away from him, and turned around to try to go back to my room. I can't stay here anymore.

But he wouldn't let go. He grabbed my arm, and said: "Please. Don't leave me. Us. Not again. We have to talk...  I don't... I don't want to lose you again. Please." His eyes, was that tears? His words brought a strange feeling to my heart. Like that day we parted, that stabbing feeling, it was so strong. I tried my hardest to hold back my tears.

"Nickhun... I'm.. I can't. I'm sorry." I took my arm away from his grasp and ran as fast as I could to my room, to make sure he didn't follow me.

 

 

I changed out of my dress and took off my makeup, telling myself not to cry. Juan knocked at my door, asking if I was alright. I let him in and apologized for suddenly being taken away from him in the middle of the event, in front of all the people there. He said it was fine, even though he did feel awkward afterwards, which madde me even more sorry. Then I talked about what had just happened.

"Why is he here? As much as I don't want to know, I actually do, but I can't face him. I'm not prepared to do this." But I noticed that he wasn't able look me in the eyes. Was he hiding something from me? "Juan, are you OK? Is there something you're not telling me?" 

He finally looked up at me and said: "I knew he was here. He came a few hours after you checked in... I was going to tell you after the event tonight... but then, I guess I didn't have to say anything." He looked down again, feeling sorry and embarrased. Was that why he pulled me away that time when I talked to the concierge? It made sense now, why he would look at me strangely, and why he was shocked when I told him I was here by myself. But why? I have no time to think about this.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me sooner. Why didn't you tell me?" He looked me in the eyes again. "Because I thought I would have a chance. A chance to be with you. But I realized, the moment I saw you at the beach. I didn't have a chance. You love him, not me. Then I thought I could change your mind at the couple event. And since I knew NIckhun was here, if things didn't work between us, then he would do something about it if he saw us together." I was shocked.

"I'm sorry. I don't have any feelings for you. But thank you for being a good friend. I really did have fun with you here, and it helped me take my mind off things. But now I have to leave, I can't stay here. Not anymore." I took my suitcase out and started to pack.

He looked at me and went frantic. "What are you doing? You can't leave! If anything, you need to talk to him! Running away won't help--"

"We haven't talked to each other since we stopped being a couple. I don't know how and why he's here, but as of now, I have no intention  of talking to him. It hurts too much." I kept on packing, but I had a gut feeling. I knew that running away wouldn't help, and could probably even make things worse, but I couldn't stop myself. I wasn't ready to face him. Juan sighed saying: "You know you'll have to talk to him eventually. He'll find you." 

And when that happens, hopefully I'll be ready.

I finished packing my bags, and I said goodbye to Juan and thanked him for everything as he called a cab for me.  As I got on the taxi, I saw him. Nickhun had gotten out an elevator in the lobby, and he suddenly looked towards my direction. I couldn't notice through the sunglasses I was wearing, but I felt as though he was looking straight into my eyes. Then I he realized. He started running towards my taxi. I told the taxi to head to the airport, and as the taxi drove away, I looked towards the window, there he was, banging on the window, though I couldn't understand what he was saying, I could tell what he felt through the tears in his eyes. There it was again, that stabbing feeling in my heart. 

Finally, the taxi went faster and he wasn't able to catch up. That was when the tears, my own tears, started coming out.

 

 

I headed to the nearest airline counter, but they said all departing flights were full and the next available flight would be in the nest few hours. He'd find me by then, I need to leave. But then....

"We have one available departing flight at the moment." My eyes looked at towards the ticket seller, I would take anything. "Where? I'll take it!" SME said I could go anywhere, then that's what I'll do. I'll be back to Korea when they need me.

"OK Miss, your flight leaves in 20 minutes, departing Maldives to head to Thailand." Wait. What? Thailand? Out of all places, Thailand? What if... no, anywhere's better than here. I could be anywhere in Thailand. If he did go there, I could leave again. There's no way we'd ever be in the same place. 

At least that's what I kept telling myself. I took my bags and headed for the flight to Thailand. 

~~~

A/N: Chapter 4 finished! For everyone who was worried about Juan, don't worry, he won't show up again :) Victoria is running away from Nickhun! Why is she so confused? Why did she and Nickhun not talk for a whole year? All will be answered soon! Hopefully this chapter was long enough for you guys, and since it's the weekend, I can maybe add in 2-3 more chapters in the next few days! Yay! OMG in Music and Lyrics, they held hands!!!! OMGOMGOMG I wanna see it nowww!!!! See you in Chapter 5! Any suggestions as what you want to happen to Khuntoria in this story are welcome. I'm actually making this story up as I go LOL But I hope you guys are liking the story!