Chapter 3

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: I'm back! Thanks for all the subscriptions and views, it makes me really happy, especially cause this is my first ever fanfic! Truly, thank you for all the support so far~ Onwards to Chapter 3! Is it really Nickhun? Hehehe let's see, shall we?

 

 

"Victoria?"

I turned around just as the person I saw looked towards my direction. If it really was Nickhun, I wouldn't be ready to face him. "Juan? What are you doing here?" He told me that when he thought I looked lonely all by himself here at the beach, and wondered if I wanted his company. I politely refused, telling him that I needed some time alone, and he went back in the resort, 

But when I looked back to see if the person was there, they disappeared. Was it Nickhun? Was there even a person there? Am I seeing things? Maybe I got too caught up with that bracelet I found, it looked way too similar to the one Nickhun had given me.

I decided not to dwell too much on the matter, this trip was supposed to be moving on and having one last reflection with these memories, so why am I suddenly thinking that Nickhun would appear here, out of all places? That he would think the same as me? We haven't even talked. I needed to clear my mind.

As I walked back in the resort, the male concierge came up to me. "Are you coming to uor couples event tonight? I still remember when you went with Nickhun the last time you came, it was the highlight of the night!" Wait, a couples event? Didn't he know I was here by myself? I gave him a questioning look, and said "A couples event? I don't really have anyone to go with." I started to feel a little bit uncomfortable.

The male concierge looked at me strangely. "You're here by yourself? But I just saw you with a male friend earlier.. and didn't he come--" 

"There you are, Victoria! So we're going to couples night together, right?" Juan suddenly came up behind me and put his arm around my shoulder. He looked at me and gave me a wink. Ahh, I get it... he's trying to end the conversation.

"Ahh.. yes." He smiled at me, then looked at the concierge. "We'll see you tonight then, alright?" The male concierge nodded, but he looked... confused.

"Alright, but Victoria, who's he? Where's--" Juan quickly grabbed me and ended the conversation. "I'll see you tonight, then. Don't forget to wear something fancy." He smirked and walked away before I could even say anything. Wait, what? I thought he was just saying that! Now I was forced to go to the couples night with him. Oh well, it's just one event, I told myself.

I took the rest of the time before the couples event to get ready and find something appropriate to wear. I really didn't expect to go to another event like this again, especially when I'm on vacation. I walked to the lobby of the resort and mert Juan, and we went to the event venue together. I admit, he didn't look bad wearing a suit, but not as good as someone I know.

When the event started, I started to have these memories coming back to me all over again. It was the exact same thing as when I went with Nickhun, There were couples dancing on the dance floor, and then the male concierge (who was the host of the couples event) started to calling up couples for the couple games. Yup, exactly the same, I couldn't help it, it was like a whole bunch of feelings and memories came back and hit me. Once n a while, Juan would make funny comments about the couples around us, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What abut this couple over here?" I heard loud cheering. Suddenly, I felt Juan pull me up from my seat and towards the centre of the dance floor, with a few other couples that the host picked. Wait, did we just get picked? I didn't expect this, and I'm not liking it.

But Juan whispered in my ear and assured me that he wouldn't do anything and we'd just have fun as friends, and we should at least try to win, cause there would be a prize. I guess I was too caught up with reflecting on memories with Nickhun, and maybe I should try to enjoy myself, even if it's just for now.

And so we started playing the games, and it wasn't too bad. Then it came. The host came with a balloon, and one by one, the couples started hugging to try and pop the balloon. I remember doing it with Nickhun, and how nice it felt when he hugged me, like a perfect fit, just like the may other times we hugged. Just then, the host gave Juan the balloon and he walked a few metres away from me. Since the balloon was taped to his waist, he spread his arms out, ready to hug me. Just when I was about to run towards him for the hug, I felt someone grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the venue. We got outside, and it was too dark to see the person's face. 

The person was mumbling, and I could tell that he was mumbling in Korean. The grip this person had on my arm was really tight, and it started to hurt. I tried to wrestle my arm way from his grip, but it was too strong. "Stop! You're hurting me! Who are you? Let me--"

We reached a nearby gazebo, and because there was a light there, I could finally see his back. Brown hair, tall and muscular back? He stopped walking and turned around to look at me.

Oh my god. I couldn't hold back my gasp. "Nickhun?" He looked... angry. He growled.

"Who was that guy, and what were you doing with him?"

 

 

A/N: The third chapter! KhunToria has reunited. If I haven't made it clear, they hadn't made contact since the divorce (pretending the MBC reunitinng didn't happen... sorry), and so things aren't off to a good start, isn't it? They reunited earlier than I thought, so maybe the story will shorter than I thought... a little bit more than 7 to 8 chapters maybe? What do you guys think of Juan? But Nickhun's back now! I'll try to keep up the updates, so I imagine I'll be more busy (and maybe less updates) in the next few weeks. But maybe not! Khuntoria fighting!! See you guys in Chapter 4! Comments and criticisms (not too harsh please) are valued and welcomed :) 

2nd A/N: Random, and not Khuntoria related, but... WHEN DOES THE NEXT MUSIC AND LYRICS WITH JUNHO AIR? Is it every week only! I'm so excited for their train trip! I can't stop watching the episode, I get so much goosebumps, especially after seeing it with the subs. Oh, and if anyone knows what song is played when they show the credits and the little pictures at the end, I would gladly appreaciate it if someone told me, it's really soothing :) OK, see you guys in Chapter 4!