Chapter 11

Do(n't) Look Back

As we kept driving towards the beach, I kept taking pictures of anything that I thought looked cute or pretty. Ocasionally, Nichkhun would turn to look at me and smirk. He probably didn't think that I'd notice.

But then I saw something and caught my eye. "Nichkhun-sshi! Coconut meat! Can we have some, please?" I pointed at that booth that sold that yummy food that he showed me when we last went to Thailand.

He laughed and agreed to stop, since we were becoming hungry anyways. But we had to be quick, cause the sunset would start soon.

It felt so natural. just feeding each other, laughing about randoom things, probably even thinking the same thoughts. It was like nothing ever happened. Why didn't things turn out this way a long time ago? I shurgged off the thought, as long as we were friends now. Just friends...

So we set out for the beach again, hoping not to miss the sunset. We finally got there, and the sun was just about to set, meaning we got there just in time.

We just watched the sunset, sitting on the sand and it was just quiet. We just took in the sight of the sun setting and I felt at peace. It was something I would call a perfect moment: Me, Nickhun, peace and quiet at a place where no one would recognize us. For the first time in a long time, my heart was soaring. So emabarrasing, I'm not a teenager! Why do I have to keep feeling like this?

Then I just couldn't help it, maybe I was just into the moment. My head started to rest on his shoulder, and he took my hand and he held it. I really couldn't help it, it was as if my head just moved towards it autmoatically. It was weird at first, but then it felt nice, really comfortable.

We continued to look ar the sunset, not saying a word. I kept thinking to myself: Was Nickhun's heart beating as fast as mine was? Was he feeling just as nervous as me? I didn't want to look at him, fearing that maybe he'd look at me back, and I might do something I'd regret.

Instead, I said what I truly felt at that moment. "Nichkhun-sshi... I missed you. I missed you so much that it really hurt. Promise me we.. we won't ever stop talking again." I sounded so... desperate. But I had to say it, despite the fact that I knew I'd regret it.

He put his arm around my shoulder, causing me to lean even closer to him with my head still on his shoulder. "I already told you: never again. I promise." I felt him turn his head, and his lips touched my head. Did he just kiss my head? My heart was doing jumping jacks, I couldn't stop it.

He sighed happily, and I felt so happy. For the first time in a long time, I was so happy. Like everything was falling back into place. Back to normal. Like... like we were married again.

"I missed you too, Victoria. I've said it so many times, but I'll keep saying it again. I'm so sorry... I'll never put you through something like that ever again. Even if we're just.... friends, you have to admit that there's something special between us. A special connection. You can't deny it." I couldn't deny it, I've felt this connection ever since I first saw him, but I can't go farther thn friends.

"Nichkhun... I do. I do feel it, I can't deny that..."

"Then why don't we start a relationship, you and me?"

 

 

I pulled away from him, looking at his face with widened eyes. "What?"

"You and me. Together. We'll keep it between us, a secret." He looked serious. Then he took both my hands and looked straight into my eyes.

"Victoria... I l-like you. I like you.. a lot. Ever since we first met in that elevator. Everytime I look at you or when I'm around you, my heart... it just keeps racing. I can't stop thinking about you. At first, I thought I could control myself, that it was just temporary. But I can't hold it back anymore. Will you be my girlfriend?"

At this point, I was speechless. Did he really just say he liked me? I felt like I was in a dream. It was like a dream, it was a perfect moment, the sunset at the beach, the peace an quiet. The perfect confession. But as much as this felt like a dream, we were still in reality, and I had to be realistic. I couldn't stop my rapid hearbeats and expressing my happiness, but...

"I'm... sorry, Nickhun. I can't... We can't do this."

He was shocked, and he looked really hurt. It broke my heart to see him like this. "Why? Is it me? I promise I'll do everything I can to make you happy... don't you... don't you like me too?" His voice was shaking, and he looked to be on the verge of tears.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him, I didn't want to create a misunderstanding. "No, it's not you. Don't ever think like that. You're.. prefect. The perfect man for me. I... like you too, Nichkhun-shhi. A lot."

"Then why can't we be together? I like you and you like me, isn't that all that matters?" It was strange hearing this from him, seeing that he broke of all contact with me before cause of the same reason that I'm refusing his confession.

"It's more complicated than that.... there's too many things.."

"Victoria, no there isn't! I love you! Why can't you understand that?"

I froze. Love? Love? He didn't just like me... he loved me.

"Nichkhun, think about the reality! We're both idols, you should know just as well as I am that a relationship would ruin everything we've worked so hard for! Our careers, our success! If we started a relationship... we could lose all of it in a blink of an eye. And what about our members? They've worked just as hard as we did, we'd be the most selfish people on this planet if we did that. And the fans... I'm.. no. I can't do that to them. And nor can you. Don't you remember? You said you stopped contact with me for the same reason?"

He nodded. "You're right. I forgot about everything. But what do we do now then? Now that we know about all these... these feelings..?" His ears reddened.

"Well, at least we both know how we feel about each other. But all I can give is friendship now. As much as I would love to be more than that... I can't. We can't" He looked down at the sand, picking on it. He sighed in defeat.

"But... when the time is right... and we don't have our own commitments..." His head quickly looked up.

"We can be... yes, I understand. You know I'm willing to wait as long as I can."

I agreed, I was so happy. "I'll wait too, and if things change, then at least there's no... no regrets. Since we told each other how we felt, right?"

He took my hands and squeezed them tightly. "Things won't change, Victoria. Not anymore. You're the only one I've ever looked at. And I'm going to wait. But you'll wait for me too right?"

I looked up at his big brown eyes. "I'll always been waiting."

We embraced under the sunset, which had finally

We were going to wait. It will be a difficult journey, I'm sure of it. Now that we clearly know each other's feelings and they're out in the open, I know hardships will are straight ahead.

But he loves me. And I love him. And that's what will keep us going. One day, we can be together.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Chuuu~ Here's Chapter 11! I AM SOO SORRY THAT IT TOOK SOO LONG TO UPDATE!! I've been so focused on school and drowning on homework... and everytime I updated, it was only for Time Machine, so sorry guys :) Anyways, so their feelings of love are out in the open now~ From this point on, I'm gonna try and focus on the hardships that will come with the fact that they like each other, but aren't really together, so they're pretty much helpless for some situations. Expect more drama and jealousy moments ahead!! I hope you guys like it! I don't know when I'll be able to update again, but hopefully it won't be for too long! It might be  tomorrow, might be next weekend! Anyways see you all in Chapter 12!