Chapter 5

Do(n't) Look Back

A/N: As promised, Chapter 5 is here! How will Victoria do in the kingdom of the Thai Prince? Thanks so much for the comments! It gave me some ideas as to what will happen in the future ;D Continue making suggestions please :)

~~~

Sitting on the plane, I felt like this wasn't right. Going to Thailand? But the place hold dear memories as well, and it would be nice to revisit Hua Hin. The thought of even running into Nickhun slipped from my mind, but I knew it was inevitable.

Throughout the 5 hour flight from Maldives to Thailand, all I kept thinking about was how it ended. How we ended. Why did we suddenly stop contacting each other?

 

FLASHBACK: (Leaving the 63 Building after WGM shooting for final epsiode)

The camera crew had left, and now it was just Nickhun and I. No cameras, so we could freely say anything we want.

"We won't be seeing each other very much anymore. I'll miss you. I really will." He hugged me so tightly, like he never wanted to let go. I felt the exact same way.

"Nickhun-sshi... I.. Thank you for everything, words can't express my gratitude." I looked up at him, and looked straight into his eyes. I could see it all sadness, despeartion, fear... I didn't like it. "What's wrong? Tell me."

"Victoria... even if this is over, we'll still talk right? I really will always be by your side. I guess I'm just afraid. Afraid that we won't see each other again, and what happened between us will just end today." I could understand what he was saying. Our schedules were becoming filled with so many activities, it seems there would be no time to talk.

"Of course I will. You promise me too right?" At this point, it was becoming even harder to hold back my tears. The whole time we were hugging, and I couldn't bear to let go.

He looked at me and smiled. I knew he was trying to look strong, but his eyes brimmed with tears, it broke my heart. "I promise, Victoria. I know we've said it to each other already, but I really do truly--"

"Nickhun? It's time to go. Sorry, Victoria. It was fun working with you." The manager of 2PM had arrive to pick him up, probably for his next schedule.

"Goodbye Victoria." He reluctantly let go of the hug and held my hand for the last time.

"Goodbye, Nickhun-sshi. Thank you." I smiled brightly at him, trying to look optimistic, but it was difficult. By then, tears were welling down my face.

He got in his van, and looked at me for the last time, and his van drove away.

I couldn't control it anymore. I fell to the ground and cried my eyes out, not caring if I was alone in a public place. The painful feeling in my heart became stronger.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

It was a promise that would quickly break. We both just became so busy, and even if we ended up in the same concert venue or music show, we'd never be able to see each other. I tried calling and texting him, but his number had changed.

I didn't know what to do, first I was mad, but now I'm just frustrated, and sad. Even if we wanted to be together, we were still idols. The reason we left our homes and go to Korea was to pursue an idol career, and being in a relationship would ruin everything the both of us worked so hard for. Now, everytime someone mentions Nickhun to me, or when I did see a glimpse of him, it just became... awkward.

Thinking about it, my eyes brimmed with tears, but I quickly held it back and wiped them away. The plane had finally arrived its destination. Thailand.

 

A/N: End of Chapter 5! Hahaha noo wayy!! Let's keep going!

 

 

 

 

The airport was relatively peaceful. Thankfully, no one noticed my presence. I had picked up my luggage and went outside the airport to take a taxi to a nearby hotel. I'll figure out what to do after a good rest. But as I walked around to look for a cab, I saw a familiar sight. Nickhun's mother? Cherleen? What were they doing here?

Then I looked towards the arrival gate. They were waiting for someone. But it didn't take long for me to figure it out. He was coming. I picked up my luggage and ran to the nearest taxi. I told him to go to the nearest train station.

At the train station, I asked for directions on how to get to Hua Hin. Assuming from the length of the train ride, I wouldn't have to rest or figure thingd out at the hotel. I thought of things I could do when I got there: Horseback riding on the beach, walking along the beach, and visiting the Night Market to eat some Thai food.

How strange is it that, as much as I want to avoid him, the things I want to do are things that I did with him?

A few hours later, I had finally arrived and checked in at the hotel, I left my luggage and changed into more comfortable clothes. Then I walked out of the hotel, and luckily, the beach was right outside the front door.

The beach was big, and the walk would be long. A long walk is something I needed.

Walking along the seashore, I took in the smell of the fresh and salty seawater. I started to have recollections again. We had gone to a beach so many times. The times he would pick me up and pretend to throw me in the water, just like in the dramas that I would watch. That brought a smile to my face.

In the distance, a couple were riding horses as well, and even though they were riding seperate horses, they were connected by holding hands. My smile grew even wider. Nickhun and I did that too. It was my first time doing that with anyone. Even with the cameras around us, I really felt like a wife going on a honeymoon with her husband. It made me so happy.

I kept walking along the beach, and kept looking down at the sand, hoping to find some nice seashells. I finally saw one, that caught my eye. It looked like the one that Nickhun had used when he proposed during our photoshoot. I bent down to pick it up. Then I heard a voice behind me.

"I knew you'd be here. You always loved the beach, didn't you? Especially here."

I froze. Already? He was here? How did he find me so fast?

I slowly got up, and turned around. There he was, Nickhun, right in front of me. I was able to properly see his face this time. He was wearing glasses and although his hairstlyle was longer as compared to when I last saw him, he looked exactly the same.

With the sunset glowering behind his back, he looked like a star. An angel even. I started to back away. But as I took one step back, he would take one step forward. Then he put his hands on my shoulders, and I stopped walking.

"When I saw you leave at Maldives, I didn't know what to do. I took the next flight to Thailand, since that's where I was supposed to be in the first place. My mom and Cherleen picked me up at the airport and came here since the whole family was here. I didn't expect you to be here. But I guess I was lucky, huh?" He quietly chuckled. So when he was at Maldives, he was supposed to be on vacation with his family?

"Nickhun-sshi. We can't just go back to the way it was. Things are different now. Please. Let me be alone." I looked down, I couldn't look him in the eyes. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I knew I'd regret it.

He started to look frustrated. "But it's not! I never stopped..." But then he sighed.

"I guess it was worth a try, but if that's what you want. I'm here for a while. When you're ready, please see me. Please. I'll wait for you as long as I possibly can." As I watched him walk away, I felt the need to call out his name, to run to him and hug him and never let go. But I held it back.

 

When I got back to my room, I laid on my bed and tried to process what had just happened. I didn't expect to see him again so quickly. Nor did I expect him to just accept the fact that I wanted to be alone. I have to admit, a small part of me wanted him to be relentless, refusing to accept it.

Was it fate that we'd both be here? Or just a coincidence?

That's when I realized: I could never run away from him, could I? I wasn't prepared to meet him in person, but I did have a lot to say. I took the bracelet I had found at the beach at Maldives, a pen and a piece of paper, and started to write.

A/N: I think this is the longest chapter I've ever had to write hahaha! But here's Chapter 5! I was contemplating whether Nickhun would appear in this chapter or the next, but I guess the time is right. He'll appear more regularly now, but not in the way you guys would probably want him to. How are you guys enjoying the story? Please comment! OMG MUSIC AND LYRICS WITH JUNHO AND SOEUN. Their first draft of the song was not given a positive response, and when SoEun looked like she was about to burst to tears, I was so sad. She had worked so hard on the lyrics too. But YESSS for the couple interactions and skinship. OMG When they kept feeding each other... who does that remind us of huh? ;D Excited to watch it when the English subs come out so I can actually know what's going on :) That should be up tomorrow, yayy!! I'm surprised that I actually have time (or don't but make myself time anyways) to regularly update this story, but I hope you guys like it! See you all in Chapter 6! Credits for the image of the Khuntoria drawing goes to the owner~