Chapter 12

Do(n't) Look Back

"Wait, so you guys aren't doing anything? Everything's gonna stay the same? That's it?" Suri was suprised after hearing my account on what happened with Nichkhun and I the night before. We had sat together for breakfast together again, and she was very curious.

"Yeah... is that bad? I'm pretty satisfied with the way things turned out." Although I said it, I knew I didn't mean it.

Suri gave me a weird look. "You don't really mean that, do you?" I saw Nichkhun heading towards our table, so I didn't respond.

"Well, I have to go so I'll see you later, alright?" Suri gave me a stange look. "Why are you leaving so-- oh hello Nichkhun."

It was too late. Before I could even get up to leave the table, he had already sat with us.

"Hello, girls. How are you all doing today?" He turned towards Suri and gave her a kiss on the cheek. It seems like the cameras had come along with Nichkhun, and were ready to take pictures of the "lovely couple". Seeing them interact like this, I felt a big pang in my heart.

"I better go. I shouldn't seen here, especially with you guys. I'll see you guys later." As I got up and left the table, I looked back to see Suri and Nichkhuna acting all lovey-dovey around the cameras again.

It seems that Nichkhun saw that I was observing them, and he looked at me with an apologetic face and mouthed a "sorry". But it didn't make me feel better. I left the table with a heavy heart.

Why am I even feeling like this? I shouldn't be at all. I know Nickhun likes me, He loves me! I like him back as well. We decided to not be in a relationship in order not to put our careers at risk. I understood that.

But I guess I didn't think about what our careers were about. It was obvious that we had to interact with other people in ways we didn't want to because that was part of our job. Whether I liked it or not, I simply had to understand.

Despite showing Nichkhun that I was alright with it, I really wasn't. But what am I to do? I'll have to rely on my trust with Nichkhun.

 

I took the rest of the day to do some simple tourist things, I was still on vacation after all. Because of this crazy emotional roller-caoster that this trup has given me, I needed some time for myself.

One would think that because Nichkhun and I confessed to each other, we'd be hanging around each other and acting like a couple, right? Obviously we're not doing that right now, since his busy schedule involves him doing that with another woman, while I'm stuck here by myself.

No, I'm not mad. Okay, maybe a little bit.

 

When I returned to the hotel, I got a call from the members.

"Hello unnie? I have some good news and some bad news. I would make you choose, but I'll give you the good news now to get it over with." Luna seemed pretty happy for someone who had to tell me some bad news.

But good news? And bad news? I was curious. "What is it?"

"You got offered a rspot in a TV Show! I don't know all the details, but you'll know once you come back from vacation1 I hope you bought me some souveneirs! Now Amber needs to talk to you, she has the bad news... I'm passing on the phone to her."

Amber sounded worried. "Unnie, you need to come back to Korea immediately. Apparently, you're not at Maldives?"

So they figured out I was at Thailand? "Yeah, I'm here at Thailand. Why?"

"That's what I thought. You need to come back quickly. Rumors are spreading about you and Nichkhun again, all because you guys are at the same country. Lee Soo Man... well, I can't say he's very happy about this."

"Tell everyone that I'll be back as soon as I can, and try to tell them that there's nothing happening between Nichkhun and I. We didn't even see each other." It was a total lie, but I couldn't tell anyone the truth about what happened here. If anyone found out, it would be then end for our careers. It was too big a risk.

It was about time I left Thailand anyways, didn't I? I had seen everything there is to see. And Nickhhun and I seemed to have worked things out. But despite that, I know there's still many obstacles ahead.

We continued talking a bit more mostly about the TV show I was cast for. I didn't even know if it was a variety show or a drama! Amber and Luna were pretty tight-lipped about it, saying I would see for myself when I return. They said that the casting was a big deal, but they wouldn't say anything else. At least that's one thing to look forward to when I return. A lecture or yelling from Lee Soo Man.., not so excited about that.

I got my things packed and ready to leave, but this time I would tell Nichkhun I was leaving before I left. I didn't want any misunderstandings to occur by leaving so suddenly. I texted him (he gave me his new phone number) that I wanted to meet him tonight. At first, he seemed reluctant because of his schedule, but when I told him I was leaving, he said yes immediately. I booked a flight back to Korea for tomorrow and started packing my things.

 

"When are you leaving? Why? We didn't even have that much time together..." Nichkhun looked confused, not understanding what was going on. We met at the cafe where we had our first actual conversation during my vacation.

"People think that something was going on between us cause we're both here. I don't wanna create a scandal and I got offered a role in a show, so I'm going back. I think I've extended my stay here too long anyways."

"Can I at least see you off at the airport?"

"You know that it would bring too much attention. It wouldn't be good for either of us. Plus, you still have a busy schedule here."

He suddenly pulled my in a tight hug, and kissed the top of my head. "I'm gonna miss you. So much. You know that."

I smiled as he pulled me into his arms. "I know that. But you'll be going back to Korea soon right?"

He nodded. "The drama filiming ends in a few days, so I'll be going back soon too. I wish you were going with me instead of going now though."

"You know that's not a good idea."

"I know."

He walked me to my room before he went back to the filming site for his drama, and said goodbye. But not without telling me something I wanted to hear.

"I'm sorry for doing that thing with Suri right in front of you. I know you probably didn't like it. For the record, I'm always uncomfortable when I do it." He looked very sorry, more than he did this morning.

I giggled and gave him a big smile. "I understand, alright? Just do what you have to do... it's all work right? You know I'm gonna be doing the same too, right?" I winked at him before going into my room and closed the door.

But before I was able to close the door, he stuck his foot out so I wouldn't be able to close it yet. "For the record, you know that as much as I would try, I could never understand, right?" He winked back and left.

As usual, Pabo Nichkhun could be an overly jealous man. Thinking about that, I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Here is Chapter 12!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD TIME TO WRITE THIS BUT I DID SO I'M SOO HAPPY!!! I had such a long hiatus from this story, and I apologize to all my readers. I was soo busy, and I couldn't think of any ideas! But now here's Chapter 12!! I hope this was long enough to make up for the long time I didn't update. I'll try to update more regularly, promise!! I wanna gat this story done so I can move on with Time Machine and some new ideas! Don't worry, I love writing this story, so if I can't end it soon, then I guess we'll keep going right? ;D I also updated my other KhunToria story: Time Machine, so read that as well if you want some more KhunToria goodness!!! See you all in Chapter 13!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment if you haven't already, they are much appreciated! Also tell me what you would like to happen to Khuntoria later on in the story, your comments are always a great source of inspiration and motivation for me :D