06 - A little about her family...

The Endless War

Finally prying her eyes open. She was shocked to see a head of striking blonde hair in front of her.

“Dae Hyun?” Yoon Mi’s voice rasped, despite already having two pints of blood.

“You’re awake” He spoke for the first time in her presence, pulling down his mask. Making her blink to see if this was real.

“Dae Hyun, what are you doing?!” Yoon Mi yelled despite her raspy voice when she saw him bringing his wrist to .

“Yoon Mi, we don’t have much of a choice. The human blood isn’t helping to ease the blood coma. I think the pureblood in you is demanding another vampire’s blood…” He rationalized.

“” she swore for the first time in years. “I could have exchanged blood with my family members when this happened. Since the blood pact didn’t affect intermediate families…but they’re not here now…what can I do?!” She breathed laboriously, feeling fragments on her consciousness fading. *What a lousy time to experience blood shock* she cursed in her mind.

“I’m telling you, take my blood. There’s no one else at the moment! Before you go berserk in blood shock! Quick! There’s not much time Yoon Mi! Your veins are almost all black!”

“I’m too weak to extend my fangs” She gasped as breathing suddenly got harder.

“Damn it” Dae Hyun cursed as he used his fangs to cut his wrist. Bringing it to her lips, Yoon Mi hesitantly drank from him.

The experience was a first for both of them.

It was the first time Yoon Mi drank blood from someone else other than her love and she felt incredibly guilty. She was already blood bonded to someone else and here she was forming another half of a bond with someone she barely knew…

For Dae Hyun, it was the first time he had allowed someone to drink from him. He didn’t hate it nor did he like it…But the feeling of her soft lips on his wrist and how her tongue felt on his wrist as it moved along the cut, trying to encourage blood flow out of it…

He wasn’t sure what to make of those feelings. Swallowing hard, Dae Hyun felt himself slowly grow weak as Yoon Mi kept drinking. But being able to see her veins slowly return to their normal state set him at ease.

No longer feeling her lips against his wrist, he immediately healed the cut.*She fell asleep* he concluded as he heard the slow rhythm of her breathing. *She must have had enough…* he thought as he staggered out and slowly made his way to the kitchen to down some blood packs as well.

Feeling normal after drinking back what he lost, he grabbed an extra glass for himself as he went back up to her room to check on her. *I need to see the extent of her injuries*

Taking her hand and letting his gift flow from there. Dae Hyun only felt that aside from most of the glass cuts which he stopped earlier on, she was lucky that there wasn’t anything else that was gravely serious. Only the bruising that she got from the beating earlier.

Dae Hyun was also glad that his blood worked as a medium for healing as well, seeing that the bruises got lighter on its own and faded off by the time he came back.

Coming out after making sure she was thoroughly healed, Dae Hyun’s eyes widened when he saw all of this five other brothers assembled outside Yoon Mi’s bedroom.

“Care to give us an explanation as to why that room is filled with the scent of your blood?” Yongguk asked in a hard tone as Him Chan, Zelo, Yong Jae and Jong Up stared at him, expectant of an answer.

Stammering, Dae Hyun didn’t know where to start or how to explain himself.

“I believe that I would be able to provide a better explanation” Elder Yong said, suddenly appearing out of no-where.

-

“Take a seat” he says as everyone was brought to the study.

“As you all know, the Kwon’s are the oldest and strongest clan in vampiric history and we all know that story and it said that the strength that they have came with a price.

In exchange for the powers that they have, the blood within them demanded only the best so neither humans nor animals would do for them. But they could not make blood bonds with just anybody.

So they turned to exchanging blood within the family, keeping their line to themselves. And for years they have tried and experimented to see if there were any other way…but it seems only vampiric blood could satiate the blood within them.

Many of them resorted to marrying their own family; setting sisters with their brothers…but normal vampire society didn’t believe in intermarrying just to protect family bloodlines…

The results of it was astounding; everyone in the family had multiple gifts and abilities. None of them suffered from birth defects like the humans did.

However, this is the first case where a Kwon, has not received her powers yet. Usually they displayed their gifts at an early stage…but for Yoon Mi…it hasn’t been revealed to her yet. And it makes her a more vulnerable target.

The eldest brother, Hae Yong, had gained his gift of elemental wind and lie detecting when he was only 6 and 9 respectively.

Her older sister, Yoon Ji, gained her gift of paralyzing and electricity when she was 7 and 10 respectively.

Her second brother, Ji Yong, had gained his gift of weather control and thought projection when he was only 5 and 7 respectively.

These however, were gifts that they made known to society. It is also possible that they could have held more than two gifts.” Elder Yong explained.

A stunned silence settled among the boys as they realized how strong and incredibly gifted the family was.

“Anyway, there’s nothing to be worried about. Yoon Mi and Dae Hyun didn’t make the full blood exchange.” He said it as a matter of fact. “Besides, Yoon Mi knows everything about the vampire society and its rituals. It’s unlikely that she’ll give her blood” Elder Yong further explained.*Living as society’s highest meant that she needed to be well acquainted with decorum, practices and certain rituals…*

The five of them looked at each other and wondered how did Dae Hyun get himself involved with Yoon Mi, afterall, they had been successfully avoiding her all these while...

Looking at their brother who simply sat in his chair and digesting what he just heard. The five of them silently agreed that it was because of the nature of his healing gift…he couldn’t fully ignore someone who was hurt in his own home.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened again and another one of you offers her your blood.” Elder Yong, chuckled as he walked out into the hallway.

Making the five of them roll their eyes and scoffing, saying that it would never happen.


Annyeong!! I'd felt guilty for uploading everything and not upload this story. So here you go! An update for you~ :)

Enjoy reading guys :D I might take awhile before the next chapter is up ;)

With Love,

Violynn :)