36 - Someone else's blood

The Endless War

Weeks go on and they meet for a few times as they sleep and Yoon Mi kept her promise on sleeping normal hours.

Her heart still pounded, her speech gets messed up from time to time and there was this undeniable feeling swelling in her chest but Yoon Mi didn’t want to admit what she felt. She refused to.

Yong Guk had observed that she looked less tired and found her sleeping in her bedroom when he checked up on her during certain nights. He had wondered what had miraculously caused this change but decided that the reason wasn’t necessary when all that matters was Yoon Mi feeling better.

-

Ending class early, Yoon Mi had received a note from Yong Guk telling her to wait for him by his locker. It was strange considering Yong Guk or Him Chan would always fetch her from her class but thought nothing of it since there’s a first for everything.

Waiting by his locker, minutes passed and there was no sign of Yong Guk at all. Hugging her books to herself, Yoon Mi took a few steps toward the direction of the exit.

“What, you’re not going to wait for your Yong Guk to come and fetch you?” A voice came from behind her. Mocking laughs erupted as the first person ended her sentence.

Increasing her pace, Yoon Mi instantly knew what was going on and she couldn’t believe how dumb she was for falling for a trick like this.

“Yah! We’re talking to you! You filthy low life!” And hand with sharp nails yanked her backwards against a locker.

“What do you want with me?” Yoon Mi looked into the eyes of the person who was restraining her.

“What an arrogant gaze you have filthy lowlife. Just because Elder Yong adopted you, you think that you’re vampire royalty now? We’re warning you not to get too close to the boys. You’re just an outsider living with them!” Her nails extended like a cat and her nails began pricking the skin of her shoulder as it pierced past her clothes.

“That’s absurd and ridiculous! You said it yourself! I’m living with them! How the heck do I not grow close to the people I live with?!” Yoon Mi answered back.

“You have the gall to talk back to us! You insolent giftless lowlife!” The girl growled, her eyes turning catlike.

“Let go of me” Yoon Mi said calmly, praying that her nails wouldn’t draw blood. She had managed to go so long without being found out and wanted it to remain that way.

“Finally scared of me are you” She hissed as she became more feline, her friends behind her snickered in chorus.

Expression suddenly turning dark “Why do you have Dae Hyun’s scent on you” her eyes flashed a dangerous red.

“He left a few months back and hasn’t come back since! How is it that you have his scent on you?!!” She screamed and raised her other hand to scratch Yoon Mi’s face but Yoon Mi caught her wrist in time.

Screaming in outrage, she kneed Yoon Mi in the stomach causing her to fall to crumple and fall to her knees.

“Answer me ! Tell me how the hell you have his scent so that I can rip you to shreds!” She shrieked.

Rings of fire suddenly appearing on all of their wrists and ankles, the girls screamed in pain when they tried to move.

“What is this?!” They cried out in confusion and in panic.

“That’s enough” a deep voice came down from the hallway. “Move and you’ll burn yourselves” Yong Guk warned as his eyes were dark and menacing even though his posture was relaxed and composed.

“If I see any of you messing with her again I can assure you that your wrist and ankles aren’t the only thing that I’ll burn” He sent them glares with such venomous eyes that it made them quiver in fear.

“Can you stand?” Yong Guk asked; his tone empty and flat. He had tried to soften his tone but that was the best that he could manage at the moment.

Resting a hand on the wall, Yoon Mi slowly got to her feet. His arms going around her shoulders, Yong Guk held her close supporting her as they made their way out. Releasing the fire only when they had made it into the car, Yong Guk never let go of her during the entire car ride.

He held Yoon Mi close as she held her arms to her abdomen, her breathing short and staggered due to the pain she felt. “Yoon Mi, I need to look at how serious it is.” Yong Guk said gently as he placed his hand at the hem of her shirt.

Nodding slightly Yoon Mi leaned back into her seat, hissing in pain from her muscle stretching.

“Damn that girl, she hit you with her full force.” Yong Guk swore a string of profanities as he looked at the dark bruising “I should have given her the same amount of pain you’re experiencing now.”

Carrying her to her bedroom, Yoon Mi couldn’t refuse or disagree from the piercing pain that she felt when she tried to move. Lifting her shirt slightly to check if the bruise had become worse, Yong Guk blinked repeatedly wondering if he was seeing things.

“Yoon Mi, your bruise is shrinking a little” Yong Guk said, unsure of what was going on.

Cursing under her breath “It’s Dae Hyun’s blood at work” Yoon Mi cried.

What she had been dreading would definitely be pushed forward with what’s going on.

“His gift is infused into his blood, so if I’m injured his blood would use itself up to heal the injury.” Yoon Mi explained.

“Why are you crying if your injury is being healed?” Yong Guk asked.

“If I’m using up his blood now, it means that I need to drink blood soon. I don’t want it to happen so soon! I don’t want to drink another person’s blood” She said, tears running down her face.

“It has to happen Yoon Mi; it won’t be another two months before they come back. You won’t last until then Yoon Mi. You have to take blood from either one of us here.”

“But –”

“Sleep Yoon Mi, you should rest and let the injury heal.” Yong Guk pressed her shoulders lightly so that she was lying down and pulled the blankets over her. Feeling drowsy as a side effect of Dae Hyun’s blood at work, Yoon Mi unwillingly fell asleep.

-

Waking up with a sense of dread, Yoon Mi checked her bruise and it was completely gone. However, something more pressing replaced it.

Darkening veins.

She was going into blood shock again.

Staggering to his room, Yoon Mi fought to stay conscious and sane. *I can’t believe I’m going through this again* she cursed herself mentally.

Knocking the door roughly, when she didn’t get any answer Yoon Mi opened the door. There was no time to waste; her condition had gotten severe in her sleep.

“Yong Guk” Yoon Mi shook his sleeping form. “Yong Guk!” she cried again, shaking him with her remaining strength.

Suddenly getting up, Yong Guk looked around and saw Yoon Mi on the floor, supporting herself against his bedside table breathing laboriously.

“Yoon Mi!” He got out of bed immediately helped her up so that she rested against the headboard of his bed. *Damn it! I can’t believe it’s gotten so serious* He cursed as he bit into his wrist.

Placing it to Yoon Mi’s mouth, he thought that he had lost her when there was no reaction at all.

Noticing moving, he let out a nervous breath that he had been holding.

Unable of part her heavy eyelids, Yoon Mi felt something against her lips and a warm liquid flowing into .

Swallowing the liquid, it was so different and alike from Dae Hyun’s blood. This was rich and smooth going down but the difference was the heat that came along with it.

It was a heat that spread throughout her entire body as a faint sweetness accompanied with a light tangy aftertaste lingered in .

That aftertaste made water for more as she and the bite marks, encouraging the blood to flow into .

Feeling her lips press themselves into his skin, Yong Guk used every fibre in his being to keep himself in check when he felt her tongue on his wrist. *How did Dae Hyun stand this* He wondered as he looked at Yoon Mi every few moments to check on her veins.

When his bite marks closed up as it healed itself, Yong Guk pulled his wrist away from her lips instantly missing the feeling of it there.

“Are you feeling better?” Yong Guk asked.

Nodding, Yoon Mi didn’t feel like speaking. She didn’t want to.

She felt unknowingly embarrassed and the things that she felt with Yong Guk’s blood in her…it surprised her deeply.

“Are you able to walk or anything?” He asked gently.

Shaking her head, the blood had yet to take full effect in her body.

“Okay, stay here. I’ll head down to get blood for myself, I’ll be back in awhile” He continued, lightly caressing the side of her face briefly before leaving the room.

*I’m in trouble* Yoon Mi thought to herself drowsily as she watched Yong Guk leave the room. *I can feel his heart in his blood…and I’m not sure if I can return his same sentiments…*

-

Drinking back the amount that he had given to Yoon Mi, Yong Guk felt calmer as time passed. Heading back to his room, he was surprised to see her hugging her knees and forming an egg shape.

Approaching her, Yong Guk crouched down to her level.

*She fell asleep* He smiled, thankful that she was just sleeping and nothing else. Carefully placing his hand under her knees and around her shoulder, Yong Guk gently lifted her and slowly placed her down so that she was lying on his bed.

*They say that you’ll be able to feel the heart of the person whom you’ve drank from* Yong Guk thought as he looked at Yoon Mi’s sleeping form.

Her veins had returned back to normal and the colour had returned to her face.

Brushing the back of his hand against her flushed cheek, he could feel his heat emanating from her. *I guess my gift brings her temperature up* He mused.

Figuring that it would be no big deal to sleep next to her again, Yong Guk got into bed and brought the covers over them.

Snuggling up against him instantly, *Yoon Mi, you’re so defenceless in your sleep* Yong Guk thought ruefully.

“Yong…” she murmured in her sleep.

*It must be Ji Yong she’s dreaming about* He distanced himself slightly; feeling disheartened.

“Yong Guk…” She murmured again, frowning at the lack of closure and heat that she subconsciously wanted.

*She said my name…* He looked at her in shock as she snuggled up to him again.

“You don’t know how happy I am to hear my name from your lips Yoon Mi” Yong Guk whispered as he left a kiss to her forehead before putting his arm around her and falling asleep himself.


Annyeong readers! :)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I was puzzled at how I should describe how Yong Guk's blood tasted in comparison to Dae Hyun's

I hope that it wasn't too strange.

With love~

violynn 05/08/2012 :)