Drowning

EXO is My Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

I just got back from buying drinks for me, Ji Kyung, Xiu Min and Chae Rim, just to find out that my date has been completely ruined by these lovely EXO members of mine. My seat beside Ji Kyung has been stolen by Se Hun. And wow I feel so annoyed I can throw this can to him immediately.

“Lu Han!” Ji Kyung calls out, which makes every single pair of eyes turn to me, including Se Hun, and in that moment, I put on my winning smile while looking at him, it’s obvious that he doesn’t like the fact that Ji Kyung stops their conversation just to call me. HAHAHAHA. Eat that.

“Hey.” I say to them. “Why are you all here?” I ask, trying hard not to sound annoyed.

Kris is the one who answer when I expect either Chanyeol, Baekhyun or Se Hun to answer, because apparently, in our group the ones who behold the work of annoying people are them, “Se Hun said he was bored and want refreshment, and recommend going here.” He shrugs.

As I expected.

“Manager hyung is getting us a private pool. We’re moving in a bit.” Lay says.

I usually am the one who don’t like public places, but now I really do hope manager hyung don’t get any private pool, I want us to separate and somehow I end up with Ji Kyung and we go hiding together from the ers or something similar like that. Ugh, I’m so annoyed. “By the way, here.” I say as I push Baekhyun’s , sitting on the other side of Ji Kyung right across Se Hun. “Thanks.” She smiles and opens the can before sipping it. I see Se Hun pouting on the other side and I can’t help but smirk in triumphant.

HOHOHO I AM SO EVIL.

AND GUESS WHAT.

I don’t care.

 

 

 

 

“You’re weird.” Lu Han suddenly says. “You said you really wanna come to the Cabi but you don’t really get into the water and swim, if you get what I mean.”

Shoot I’m caught, I can’t swim actually, but I’m not scared of water, urr, I mean there are people who don’t swim because they’re scared of water, I don’t, I just lack of ability to do every sport. “Actually, I can’t swim.” I admit, I thought he was going to mock or laugh at me but no, wow what the hell seriously he has been acting so weird lately. Well I can’t say I don’t like the changes, though.

He nods, “I see…” He looks like he’s going to say something more, but then his manager calls him, “I’ll be right back.” He mutters before running off to his manager.

I like this atmosphere. Loud but not noisy, that kind of noise that actually warms you up if you get what I mean. Like the music when it’s Christmas, that’s the best I can come up from to describe this feeling.

I’m not saying that I don’t love my real family, it’s just, they’re not always here when I need them. It feels really nice to have these dorks around me.

And then suddenly I felt my whole body got lifted up from the hard and wet surface. Not in a romantic way as if getting carried bridal-style. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are now holding my hands and foots up in the air. And I have a really bad feeling about this.

“Hmm don’t you feel weird for being the only dry human beings here. Let us get you a little bit…” “Put me down!!!!!” I shout as they start to swing my body back and forth. “YOOHOO!!”

That’s the last thing I hear before my hearing completely shut off.

 

 

 

 

 

“YOOHOO!!!!!”

What is that commotion?

Lu Han turned his head see Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughing right beside the pool, Ji Kyung was there… He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, his eyes widen in realization, if Ji Kyung wasn’t up there, she must be inside the 2,5 meters deep water.

“IDIOTS!!! SHE CAN’T SWIM!!!!” I shout as I run towards the swimming pool, I was about to dive in when I see Se Hun jumping right in front of me, diving into the water.

I should be worried that I’m left one step behind Se Hun in approaching her, but now all I can think is her safety.

 

 

 

 

 

I heard Lu Han shouting that she can’t swim. My laugh stopped in that moment. I run with all I might and dive in, she is struggling to get to the surface while covering , probably trying to save as much oxygen as she can.

Don’t worry, Ji Kyung. I got you.

She doesn’t see me because she keeps her eyes shut, I grab her arm and pull her closer, circling my arms around her waist to secure her, her reaction surprised me in every way, maybe out of fear, she quickly circle her arms around my neck, hugging me tight. I swim to the surface, bringing her to the side of the pool, whereas my fellow band members plus Chae Rim and Manager, wait for our arrival.

I can already guess that Baekhyun and Chanyeol would have this guilty mixed with worry expression, meanwhile Su Ho, Kris, and Lay would have this worry mixed with glances at Baekhyun and Chanyeol signaling there’s lecture coming. The others would have this superb worried expression and Lu Han…

He would have the same expression like me if he had jumped first instead of me.

“Ji Kyung.” I say, she’s still hugging me and I feel happy but honestly I’m afraid my hormones suddenly kick in, it wouldn’t be romantic if suddenly Se Hun junior is waken up from his sleep. That would be damn awkward. “We’re out from the water now.” I pat her shoulder. “Yeah, thank you.” She whispers as she pries her arms off from me. “Are you okay? I’ll get you towel and warm drink.” Chae Rim quickly butts in between me and Ji Kyung.

“Aren’t you two going to apologize?” Kris crosses his arms,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter