Dragon and Angel

GTae and TopFany Oneshot/Drabbles Collection [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG’S POV

 

Where did you come from?

 

That’s the question that I always asked myself since the day that you came into my life. I remembered every detail of that day: August 5th 2007. It was the day when the world was introduced to a new girl group from SM Entertainment and they were called Girls’ Generation which definitely catches my attention immediately because of the interesting name. Back then, me and the members were preparing for our first ever comeback with an EP titled “Always” and we were at our dorm watching TV when Seungri said “Let’s watch Inkigayo, hyungs. I’m curious about our new competitor from our leader’s former company.” That brat always teases me about being an SM trainee, so I went up to him and hit his head because of how much of a brat he is. He screamed in pain while I took the TV remote and changed the channel from KBS to SBS and true enough, Inkigayo was starting already.

 

After waiting for a while, it was finally Girls’ Generation’s turn to perform, so we all just stopped talking and all of our eyes turned to focus on the TV. The girls were performing their infamous debut song “Into the New World” and as soon as the first note started playing, I knew that this song would be a hit.

 

And then, it happened. I saw you for the first time, and even though not directly, it was a moment that I would love to replay over and over again. There was a girl with a small, petite figure, and she has the cutest face ever, you might think at first glance that how the hell did this girl’s even a part of the group. Does she even sing well? Well, let me tell you the infamous old saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Because this small and petite girl would go on to become South Korea’s number 1 vocalist in the next few years and many future artists would look up to her as their number 1 inspiration on why do they want to go down the same path as her and as a role model. How do I know that exactly, you might ask? It’s because when she did the high note, my heart starts beating faster than usual and my jaw instantly dropped to the floor because of how she sings every note from her heart and soul, and that wasn’t even the thing that made me fell in love at first sight with small girl who’s also has the same position as mine in the group, which is as the leader. I can’t even imagine what does it feel like to lead 8 other girls, even I was overwhelmed with leading 4 other guys, and I’m not even the oldest member, meanwhile she’s actually the oldest member in her group.

 

The thing that made me fell in love at first sight with you was that your dimple would appear every time you smile. What are you really, Kim Taeyeon? Are you even human? Or are you one of Aphrodite’s many clones? Or are you the real Aphrodite that came into this world to tame a raging fire-breathing dragon which is definitely me, Kwon Jiyong? I still asked myself all those questions every day for the last 16 years since I saw you indirectly through a television screen.

 

And then, it happened. The producer of a show called “Happiness in 10.000” asked Seungri to become part of the show, and then they tell us the opponent that our Panda Maknae is up against which is none other than one of the members of the newly debuted girl group from my former company, Yoona who happens to be one of your little sisters that would later become South Korea’s number 1 visual. I can still remember every detail of what happened on the day that I would meet you face to face, both of our group was in the middle of promoting on music shows, me and the guys were promoting what would our title track from our “Always” EP that would become the song that propelled our group from an unknown artist to the most beloved group by the public which is of course the infamous “Lies” which I wrote back when after we just debuted. While your group was still fresh from debuting a few weeks ago, so you still definitely have that rookie energy which is to me, makes you even more charming. So, basically before the main show begins, the two players must meet each other first as part of the show’s tradition before the challenge starts. 

 

On that fateful day, Seungri asked us to come visit the waiting room of Girls’ Generation as part of the recording of the show, so of course we have no choice but to come with him or else our group would’ve been ed because of the bad public reception. So, me and my members including the challenger maknae himself and also the show’s team went to your group’s waiting room and started recording the first meeting between the challengers. Of course, the viewers were too focused on the Panda and the Deer/Alligator hybrid being the contestants of the game that they didn’t notice that the two group leaders were having a moment, and it was the moment that I looked into those eyes for the first time, and what I saw was pure love, and I knew at that point that you’re also feeling the same way as me. The feeling of falling in love at first sight.

.

.

.

.

.

8 YEARS LATER

 

2015

Probably the year that would mark the start of our relationship because a little thing would happen again between us, and that little thing is called “Fate”. Both of our groups are promoting together once again, Girls’ Generation would come back to the scene with a summer single “Party” after a year of uncertainties and despair for the group due to the Jessica’s departure. While our group is still in the middle of our 2nd world tour, but we’re able to make appearance on music shows but as a duo with only me and Seunghyun hyung, we decided to comeback as a duo after 5 years with “Zutter”.

 

While me and Seunghyun hyung was on a break after our prerecording our song, we were talking about random topics until we came across the topic that’s been on my mind for the past few hours which is of course GD&TOP and SNSD promoting at the same time in music shows.

 

JY: Hyung, I’ve been thinking.

SH: Thinking about what, Ji?

JY: We both are promoting together with a certain group.

SH: What group?

JY: Girls’ Generation.

SH: You mean the group that’s a victim of your drunken shenanigans all those years ago? That group?

JY: Hyung, you’re so mean, and it was just that one time only.

SH: Let me guess. The group that has a certain member that’s been on your mind since they first debuted 8 years ago?

JY: (Blushes) Ah, hyung. Why do I always have to tell you guys about my crush?

SH: Because we couldn’t stand you getting bat insane because of her.

JY: Last time I checked you were literally about to beat the out of Nicky because he was dating Tiffany, and also you were screaming at the top of your lungs in happiness when they announced that they’re breaking up just a few months ago. So, I guess we’re both even now.

SH: I could say the same thing to you about your current state like during the time that your crush dated that kid from EXO.

JY: So, I guess we’re both lovesick boys, right hyung?

SH: Pretty much, Ji.

JY: So, what do you think about visiting their waiting room together to court Taeyeon and Tiffany? Sounds good to you, hyung?

SH: No, I’m just going to ing my pants because the rest of the members are probably going to defense mode once they see us about to court our girls.

JY: Yeah, you’re right about that, hyung. They’re probably going to beat the out of the both of us.

SH: Dude, we’re literally outnumbered 2 to 8.

 

 

Suddenly, we both heard someone knocking our door, and we both looked at each other thinking “Probably just our juniors.” So, I sighed before getting up from the sofa to open the door. Once I reached the door, I turned the knob to open it to see the culprit, and it turns out I wasn’t prepared at all for what’s about to happen because as soon as the door opened, there were 8 familiar girls standing in front of me, including the person that has been on my mind these past 8 years.

 

“GD Sunbaenim, Annyeonghaseyo SNSD-imnida.” They said their infamous group greeting to me because I was the one who opens the door for them. “Come in, come in. Also drop the formalities because we’re both have been in the industry for so long.” I said to them to break the ice between us. All eight members went inside our waiting room, turning it from a quiet room to as loud as the entire World Cup Stadium in less than a second.

 

Then, Me, Seunghyun hyung, and the girls did the ritual of exchanging albums between seniors and juniors. Tiffany immediately went up to struck a conversation with Seunghyun hyung while I was just talking to the other members, and probably making Hyoyeon who’s the biggest VIP of the group died of too much fangirling. I also did put on my playboy persona to flirt with them a little bit while also acting as an older brother and giving them advice. But my main focus wasn’t that at all, instead my main focus or objective for today is of course to introduce myself to the leader of Girls’ Generation and become friends with her.

 

“I know you’ve been looking at Taeyeon unnie while giving advices to the members, Jiyong oppa. Now, we’re going to leave our leader in your capable hands, so that you two can get to know each other better. We’re going to leave you with just one warning, behave yourself or suffer the wrath of Girls’ Generation, got it?!” Yoona said to me with her menacing voice as they we’re getting ready to leave the waiting room to continue giving away their albums to the other artists. I gulped in fear at the threat but also not surprised at all because I’m fully prepared for any threats and dangers about wanting to court the leader of one of South Korea top girl group or else, I can’t continue with the plan if they just accept me immediately as Taeyeon’s future boyfriend because life is a series of struggles and you don’t always get what you want so you have work hard to get the results that you’ve always wanted.

 

After 6 out of 8 members left the room to give us some space and also continuing their album giveaways to the other artists that are attending the music show, the four of us which includes none other than: Seunghyun hyung, myself, Taeyeon, and Tiffany are now basically in an awkward position before Tiffany breaks the tension by continuing her last conversation with hyung.

JY: Congratulations on your comeback, Taeyeon.

TY: Thank you, G-DRAGON sunbaenim. Congratulations on your comeback with TOP-sunbaenim.

JY: Please call me Jiyong, and I thought I already told your members to drop the formalities.

TY: So, what should I call you then?

JY: Whatever suits you best, Tae.

TY: H-How about Ji? Does t-that sound’s g-good to you?

JY: Making it short and simple, huh? I like it.

TY: Then, please call me Taengoo instead of Taeyeon, Ji.

JY: Since we already established our nicknames for each other, then let’s be friends, Taengoo.

TY: I think this is a beginning of a beautiful friendship, Ji.

JY: Since we’re friends, can I get your number, Taengoo?

TY: Sure thing, Ji. You’re not going to annoy me, right?

JY: Maybe or maybe not, we’ll see.

TY: If you annoy me, I’ll punch you square in the face.

 

But, as we were in the middle of getting to know each other session, you got a text from your manager saying that your group need to get ready for your stage prerecording. So, me and Seunghyun hyung says goodbye to you and Tiffany, and before you and your best friend was out of the waiting room, I made a “Call me later” gesture and I could’ve sworn that I saw your cheeks turned red before giving me a smile of acknowledgement while nodding your head and giving me a thumbs up. My hearts start beating faster again when I saw that familiar smile again after that filming session 8 years ago. 2015 was a busy year for the both of us, but we never stopped texting and calling each other whenever we’re free from the hectic schedules, sometimes we only send each other encouraging messages, the other times we would have almost 5 hours of video call. At first you were being very cautious about me due to my public image, but I always told you these 3 words “. The. Media.” which at first made you very surprised but as time goes on, you would start to copy my way of not giving a about what people think.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

3 MONTHS LATER

 

NOVEMBER 27TH 2015

 

The day that I confessed to you about my feelings and also when we both agreed to take this relationship from f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter