Myth

Don't Come Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myth

𓃥

 

The snow has finally started falling in mid November after the temperature dropped below zero last night. Turning the forest magically into a winter wonderland as its coated with a soft blanket of snow. It was around nine a.m in the morning and the woman was already wide awake. Sitting on the living room, eyes locked into the television while her hands automatically scooping her cereals into for every one minute. 

Meanwhile the wolf keep staying still near the fireplace. The head was placed above its paws as his eyes also directed into the television. Joining her watching a sitcom which always aired in the morning. Aislee stole a glance against the wolf direction, calling its name softly but the creature was just side-eyeing her without lifting its head even for a bit. 

"I'm sorry I can't keep you any longer.."

"Johnny is gonna kill me.. Us both. He's gonna kill you first and then me next" She sighed, pointed her finger into her own as her eyes still locked to the unmoving wolf.

"You know what wolfie? You're just nothing but a burden. You're only wasting my raw meat. I can't even relieving my stress by having a big ball of fur roaming around the house because I can't pet you. See, even you're not paying attention to me speaking—"

 

Aislee was in the middle of delivering her rage but stopped letting out a word after the wolf groaned. She saw the wolf rising from its place, stretching its legs into the front before making a step towards where she sat. 

Aware that she might be in danger, the woman suddenly rose up as well. Eyes wide with fear as she stands straight on the couch with her hand grasped the spoon she used for the cereals reached out into the front. Hoping the simple gesture could make the wolf stopped its movement and surprisingly it did. 

The creature sat down on his legs just below where she stood. Eyes staring at her innocently along with the head tilting into the side. "No— you're not gonna steal my heart and you will still go outside"

Seeing the wolf reaction, she was curious rather than scared. It makes her wonder if the creature really understand her words. "Do you understand what am I saying?" 

Still standing in position, the woman reached out into the wolf. Hesitantly trying to pet its head using the spoon she was holding. "Don't bite me—"

 

At first the wolf just stood motionless with his eyes still watching the woman carefully. But his sudden movement like he was about to jump to the front caused Aislee pull her hand in a quick movement. Seeing her surprised reaction, the wolf barked. As if it was laughing against the frightened woman.

"Bad dog!" She screamed as she put her hand in front of her chest, trying to calm her breathing. "I'm just trying to pet you what the hell.. You will still go out of this house anyway" The woman challenged the wolf again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter