The Wolf

Don't Come Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Wolf

𓃥

 

The afternoon sun had been completely replaced by the darkness of the night. It was pretty quiet outside as usual, Aislee was settled against the couch with the TV and fireplace on. Eyes lazily staring at the screen as it becomes the only bright lights illuminated the room because the clock showed its already past one a.m. so she must turn off the lights and get ready to sleep.

Aislee decided that she choose to sleep on the couch tonight and she don't know till when because she has a dog— not technically a dog— to take care of. It was laying on the wooden floor close to the fireplace, breathing heavily with both eyes closed. The woman gave him raw meat on the bowl but she peered and noticed it was still untouched.

Yes, she chooses to bring the wolf inside. Both her and Johnny were successfully treating his wounds and wrapped his legs with bandages. Johnny was so worried about her, he suggests that she must leave the wolf to rest on the porch instead of bringing him inside but Aislee insisted.

And that is why her phone always rings every ten minutes but it finally stops now. The man was probably drifted into the dreamland already.

 

Humans gifted with fear so they need to be careful of every actions they choose or took. She could feel her eyelids becomes a little heavier so she took one last glance towards the laying wolf before she lay down as well on the couch. Not forgetting the shotgun that was placed long on the coffee table for safety. 

Aislee sleep peacefully, her chest rising up and down in a steady breath until she awaken in a milky light of dawn because her ear caught the front door was being banged and scratched. The TV was already turned off because she put an off timer before she sleep so she could hear the door banged clearly. The woman sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes until she heard another bang on the door. 

"Goodness calm down— I'm coming!" Aislee screamed, hoping its loud enough to hear for whoever someone at the door. "Dad is that you?" 

Hearing no answer, the woman decided to bring her shotgun as she took a walk against the door for safety. Aiming it at her chest high until—

"Oh " Her body immediately froze as her eyes caught the big ball of fur sitting at the front door, currently staring at her. "Damn you healed fast"

 

"You won't hurt me, right? I helped you yesterday" The white-greyish wolf just continues to stare at her innocently— but no matter how cute it looks, Aislee still has a fear currently running towards her blood because there's no way she was this close with a beast in her own territory. And most importantly, how could she not notice when it walked to your door? 

"What do you want? You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter