Stranger

Don't Come Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stranger

𓃥

 

"You tell me you keep the wolf inside?!"

"Calm down—"

A sudden loud voice from the man's who sat in the corner breaking the silent in the middle of a quiet afternoon. His voice was loud enough to cause several people looking against his direction on the small coffeeshop.

Weekdays has come back just like that and two days had passed since her first encounter with the wolf that lived with her in the house. It was also two days passed since the woman met Johnny because he was busy going back and forth to the main city.

"No— but seriously, you let the wolf sleep inside?" His tone was thick with anger, the man shook his head as he looks at you with wide eyes.

Aislee just simply nodded, feeling a bit guilty because she was lying to him for agreeing to let the wolf stay outside but she didn't even doing it. 

 

"Ha.. Unbelievable" Johnny laughed sarcastically. He went silent for a minute while sipping on his drink, straightened his position before leaning in towards her again. 

"Listen— I know you always told me that you want a dog but—"

"But he is not technically a dog. He's actually a wolf— okay I get it—" Aislee cut his words but the man hasn't finished his sentence as well. 

"Then what stopping you to let it go?" This time, he's got his eyebrows furrowed together in the middle. "Wolf is not a pet. They're wild animals, and here you are caging him inside a house he didn't want to be"

"I've told you before he wanna comes back by scratching the front door" Aislee sighed, sipping her drink as well before tore her gaze away from him.

"Then why did you open the door? You had enough protection and beside you're on your territories. You had your gun. Two or three shots aimed directly is enough to make him dead. Problem solved" Johnny raised both of his arms in the air, as if telling her not to be scared. 

 

"Wild animals is a smart one. What if the wolf wants you to trust him first and then it will attack you in your sleep? Several cases I saw on the internet start like this. Be realistic, Aislee" The man sighed. 

"My advice is you should put him outside. Don't care if he wanna leave or stay on your porch until he's completely healed. Okay?" He finished his drink in one long sip before getting up, patting her head in a playful manner and took a leave. 

"Wait— where are you going?" Aislee turned her head into his direction. 

"Alma is back. Gotta see her. Think about it, Aislee. I don't want to go back here with some bad news or your dad is gonna kill me once he's back" Johnny gave her one last warn before he completely disappear.

For the rest of her afternoon shift, her thoughts filled with Johnny's words. The man was right afterall. A sane woman wouldn't let a wild wolf wandering around her house freely. The next day after the wolf trying to sleep on her, she decided to sleep on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter