Chapter Seven: Heat of Summer, Heat of Love

Step Forward: Leave The Past

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

--------------------------------------

 

Chapter Seven: Heat of Summer, Heat of Love

 

 

 

 

 

“Our bond with our friends should be felt every second of our life…”

 

 

 

 

“Ahhh! Summer already! Whew, summer sure is hot!” Dong wook stretched his arms as he walk to the bench with Gummy.

 

“Dong wook…have you noticed these past few months that Dara’s life is always in danger?” Gummy said as she sat at the bench.

 

“Since you mentioned it- yes I think I have noticed it…” Dong wook pretended to be thinking.

 

“Idiot! You mean you haven’t noticed it! You’re always with the Class C but you didn’t even notice it!” Gummy punched Dong wook at the head.

 

“Ouch! Why you…!” Dong wook was about to grab Gummy when Bom, Minzy and the others came,

 

“Dong wook Oppa!” Bom waved.

 

“Gummy Noona!” Youngbae shouted.

 

“Hey! How are you guys?!” Gummy waved too.

 

“We’re fine!” Bom smug as Dong wook pets her in the head.

 

“The classroom was so quiet when Dara is not around…” Minzy said arrogantly.

 

“Ha-Ha! Nice one Minzy-ah!” Dong wook raised his hand to give Minzy a high five.

 

“Idiot… Don’t dare to think were so close.” Minzy pointed her new shining bazooka to Dong wook.

 

“Err…When did you make it?” Dong wook said trying to step back.

 

“I made it last night…I made it with a very special quality to hit Idiots…” Minzy pointed it at Dong wook’s head.

 

“Uh…Eh-eh…That’s great Minzy-ah!” Dong wook was sweating.

 

“Let me test it on you.” Minzy was about to shot it when Gummy asked.

 

“Have you visited Dara-ah today?” Gummy said looking at Dong wook at her back hiding.

 

“The nurse wont let us in.” Chaerin said with poise.

 

“Speaking of the devil.” Minzy pointed her thumb at the back.

 

“Minzy! Dong wook Oppa! Gummy Unnie! Bommie! Eun Hye! Daesung! Seungri! Youngbae! Eun Joo! Hye Sun! Victoria! And Sulli! Err…Chaerin I mean!” Dara smiled and run towards them.

 

“MINZY!!!” Dara hugged Minzy.

 

“Silly… You’ve been unconscious for 2 weeks.” Minzy smiled as Dara hugged her,

“I think Minzy-ah misses Dara too.” Hye Sun whispered to Eun Hye.

 

“Yeah, they look cute together.” Eun Hye giggled.

 

“Well guys! It’s summer! Let’s go to the beach!” Dong wook stretched out.

 

“Yay!” Dara exclaimed as Dong wook danced her like a child.

 

And so Dara went to the beach with Dong wook, Gummy, Minzy, Bom, Daesung, Youngbae, Eun Joo, Eun Hye, Hye Sun, Chaerin, Seungri, and Victoria.

 

“Wow! The sea!” Dara smelled the air.

 

“Wow! It’s been years since I went to the beach again!” Eun Hye and Hye Sun said with sparkling eyes,

 

“Let’s change clothes ladies!” Gummy and the girls went to the dressing room.

 

“Hey gentle men! How about let’s pull a leg today to the girls!” Dong wook winked at Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri.

 

“Pull a leg?” Youngbae scratched his head.

 

“Err… It means pull a prank or play a prank to them.” Dong wook explained.

 

“Okay!” Youngbae raised his fists.

 

“Don’t let them notice that we have a plans okay!?” Dong wook smiled, not just a smile, but an evil smile. After a few minutes…

 

“Hey! What are you guys giggling at?” Gummy said with her hands on her hips.

 

“WOW! Gummy Noona you look so cute in that pink polka dotted swimsuit!” Daesung exclaimed as she saw Gummy approaching them.

 

“Well thank you Daesung!” Gummy patted him on the hair.

 

“Dong wook Oppa? Dong wook Oppa?” Hye Sun called Dong wook but he was looking at Gummy.

 

“Hey! Idiot! You’re drooling.” A familiar voice approached them.

 

“Jiyong!” Chaerin looked shocked. Dong wook kept staring at Gummy when Jiyong kicked him.

 

“Hey! You’re like a maniac! You looked like a lost dog that loses his mind!” Jiyong looked arrogantly.

 

“I am not! AND IT HURTS!” Dong wook stood up.

 

“Jiyong-shi?” Dara said shyly.

 

“Waa! Dara-ah! You look so cute! You look so adorable! I bet Jiyong will drool too!” Gummy teased.

 

“Tss.” Jiyong walked away.

 

“Maybe he can’t resist you’re cuteness, Dara!” Bom’s bright eyes looked at Dara.

 

“Eiii….” Dara grinned.

 

“Seungri is blushing!” Daesung screamed.

 

“Aw! Seungri-shi looks cute when he’s blushing! Seungri you’re face is all red!” Gummy looked at Seungri, who’s not trying to look at Dara.

 

“Hmpf!” Chaerin murmured.

 

“Chaerin! You looked like a goddess! But not Medusa…” Eun Hye shouted.

 

They all looked at Chaerin. Chaerin was wearing a cute sky blue dress with matching transparent mini skirt.

 

“Waa! Chaerin, Minzy, Dara and Gummy unnie all look so cute!” Bom, Eun Hye, Hye Sun, Victoria, and Eun Joo exclaimed.

 

“They sure are!” Dong wook giggled.

 

“Dong wook Hyung, are we going to continue our plan?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Ssshhh! Quiet, don’t say it to loud, they might hear us!” Dong wook covered Youngbae’s mouth with his hands.

 

“What’s wrong?” Gummy asked looking at Dong wook and Youngbae.

 

“Ahhh…Nothing! Were just playing!” Dong wook said with a trembling and somewhat scary laugh.

 

“Okay…” Gummy waved.

 

“Dong wook hyung? Do you like Gummy unnie?” Youngbae removed Dong wook’s hand from his mouth.

 

“What! T—to that girl?!” Dong wook’s face was all red,.

 

“SO, you’re guilty?” Jaejoong suddenly appeared,.

 

“Are you a mushroom!? You always appear from nowhere!” Dong wook kicked Jaejoong.

 

“I’m hungry!” Dara stretched as Dong wook opened the beach umbrella.

 

“Ah! Yes, you haven’t eaten for 2 weeks. Well let’s see what’s in the basket.”

 

Gummy grabbed the basket but Dong wook snatched it from her hands.

 

“Huh? Dong wook!” Gummy shouted angrily.

 

“Ah…I’ll get it for you!” Dong wook knew that once the basket was opened slimy worms and snakes will come out, it was Seungri’s idea.

 

“Come on! Open it, were hungry!” Gummy ordered.

 

“O—okay!” Dong wook opened the basket slowly; as he opened the basket slimy worms and snakes appeared and escaped the basket,

 

“KYAAA!!!” Dara and the others ran away.

 

“Y—DONG WOOK!!!” Gummy was very angry, her fists were trembling.

 

“Uh…err... It was Seungri’s idea!” Dong wook was sweating like a pig.

 

“You ordered me to do it.” Seungri said looking at Gummy.

 

“Well…umm…” Dong wook stepped back but Gummy chased him,.

 

“Waaahhh! DARA-YAAH! HELP!!!” Dong wook was screaming as Gummy chase him.

 

“It’s you’re fault Oppa!” Dara and the others sighed and crossed their arms.

 

“Hello ladies! We’re looking for candidates for Mr. and Ms. P.S. beach event, would you please join this competition? You girls are perfect for this event.” A tall, brown haired guy with sun glasses approached Dara and the other girls.

 

“Err…Sorry Mister, but we’re only 15.” Dara looked at the strange guy.

 

“That’s what we looking for, and there will be a prize…” the guy smiled, “A dinner at Luxury class restaurant at P.S. town.”

 

The girl’s eyes widened, even Minzy’s eyes.

 

“So will you join?” the guy reached out his hand to Dara.

 

“Okay!” Dara and the others smiled.

 

As they were at the back stage, Dara, Bom, Chaerin, and Minzy were chosen for Ms. Fifteen.

 

“Wow! These bikini’s and beach gowns are so cute!” Dara looked at the pile of clothes in the back stage.

 

“Now, let’s get dressed!” Chaerin searched for a cute sky blue gown, while Minzy just pulled any black dress, and Dara was confused to what she will pick.

 

“I wish Gummy unnie is here.” Dara whispered.

 

“Hurry girls! We will start in a minute!” the guy whispered to them behind the curtain. After a while waiting the suspicious guy announced to all the people in the beach.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Mr. and Ms. Beach contest! Today we will show you the fantastic beauties and handsome gentlemen of P.S. YG University! We will start for the Miss Fifteen contest!” the guy with sun glasses announced at the audience.

 

“Hmmm… Where’s Dara, Chaerin, and Minzy?” Dong wook asked as he and the others tries to look around with the bundles of people in the beach.

 

“THERE THEY ARE! AT THE STAGE!” Youngbae pointed.

 

“KYAAA! Chaerin, Dara and Minzy are the contestants!?” Eun Hye looked shocked.

 

“They were the one who was chosen by that guy.” Victoria pointed to the guy with sun glasses.

 

“Hmmm…” Gummy looked suspiciously at the guy.

 

“Okay! First contestant, Lee Chaerin! Her name means a sweet sugar plum, she’s also a pretty lady who has a very high quality of sense of fashion and also talks and moves with poise, and her P.S. is Doppler aroma! Next! Second Contestant, Gong Minzy! Miss Minzy’s name means plum blossom child and elegant beauty! She has an invention P.S. and her cute, serious, charming face can attract so many gentlemen! And the third contestant, Sandara Park! A cute little charming girl who’s very cheerful and have a smile heart P.S., her name means Flower child Cherry Blossom!” the announcer pointed to Dara, Chaerin and Minzy,

 

“Wow! So many people!” Dara looked around.

 

“I want this to be over. Look at Sulli she’s enjoying it…” Minzy pointed to Chaerin who was waving at the crowd.

 

“How did that guy knew everything?” Gummy wondered.

 

“Maybe he asked Dara and the others.” Dong wook smiled.

 

“Silly!” Gummy gave a death glare to Dong wook.

 

“Err…” Dong wook murmured.

 

“Let’s see who will win! But first, let’s show the three contestants for Mr. Fifteen!” the announcer pointed as the curtains opened.

 

“What!” Dara looked at the three contestants for Mr. Fifteen.

 

“Jaejoong! Jiyong! And….and… Seungri!” Chaerin screamed.

 

“Hey!” Jaejoong waved.

 

“Hmpf…” Jiyong murmured.

 

Seungri was still speechless and blushing whenever he looks at Dara.

 

“Dara-ah you look so cute!” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“Thank you” Dara blushed.

 

“Idiot!” Minzy pointed her bazooka to Jaejoong.

 

“Where’d you get that?” Chaerin asked staring at nothing looking arrogant.

 

“It’s a secret.” Minzy replied.

 

“First Contestant for Mr. Fifteen, Hero Jaejoong. He’s the new transfer student for Class C! He has a water P.S.! His name means Wise eagle!” The suspicious guy pointed to Jaejoong and the crowd cheered.

 

“He’s…He’s already popular?” Dara grinned arrogantly,

 

“Next contestant is Kwon Jiyong! The handsome boy who owns the 5 ranked petal, his P.S. is wind!” the crowd shouted, whistled and cheered.

 

“He’s the one who’s VERY popular.” Minzy looked at the crowd with scary eyes. The crowd suddenly stopped.

 

“And the last but not the least, Lee Seungri! The popular cute boy in Class C! He’s popular in seniors and juniors because of his cuteness and sense of humor!” the crowd cheered again.

 

“Wow, those three are really popular!” Dong wook laughed.

 

“Come on! Let’s vote!” Gummy grabbed Dong wook.

‘My heart beats fast.’Dong wook said to his self.

 

“Hmmm…Gummy unnie? Who will we vote?” Eun Hye asked as she follows Gummy and the others too.

 

“Dara-ah, of course!” Gummy smiled.

 

“What about Chaerin and Minzy?” Hye Sun asked.

 

“Okay, we will divide the group. Hmmm…How many are we? Let me see…Bom, Eun Hye, Hye Sun, Eun Joo, Victoria, Youngbae, Daesung, Dong wook, and me… so were 9! 9 divided by 3…” Gummy computed.

 

“3!” Bom smiled.

 

“Bom, Eun Hye, and Hye Sun… vote for Chaerin, Victoria, Eun Joo and Youngbae vote for Minzy. Me, Dong wook and Daesung, we will vote for Dara! Okay?!” Gummy made up a plan and they started to vote,

 

“Gummy Noona? What about the Jaejoong, Jiyong, and Seungri?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Just like what we did…same groups, Bom, Eun Hye and Hye Sun vote Jaejoong, Victoria, Eun Joo and Youngbae vote for Jiyong. I, Dong wook, and Daesung will vote for Seungri!” Gummy smiled.

 

“Okay!” everyone agreed…

 

After a moment of voting…

 

“Okay! We have the results! Who could it be for Mr. and Ms. Fifteen Candidate?!” the guy announced.

 

“Well, well, well!!! Looky here! For our Ms. Fifteen it’s… Miss… Gong Minzy!” the crowd cheered.

 

 “Minzy-ah!” Gummy looked shocked.

 

“And for Mr. Fifteen…it’s…Mister…Hero Jaejoong!” the crowd was really overjoyed.

 

“K—Jaejoong-shi?!” Chaerin looked at Minzy and Jaejoong.

 

Finally the contest was finished, Dara and Chaerin went straight to Gummy and the others.

 

“Wow! Congratulations Minzy!” Dara ran towards Minzy as she saw her come out of the back stage,

 

“Loser…” Minzy pointed her rifle to Dara.

 

“Eh-eh…well, congratulations Minzy, Jaejoong.” Dong wook hugged Dara.

 

“You two are going to a restaurant right?!” Dara smug.

 

“Yeah” Jaejoong replied as he approach Dara and his classmates.

 

“Ah! Jaejoong, Jiyong and Seungri!” Hye Sun waved.

 

“Congratulations Jaejoong-shi!” Chaerin smiled.

 

“Thanks! Oh, by the way, Dara-ah you look so cute a while ago. The green beach gown suits you.” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“Thanks!” Dara blushed.

“Hmpf, don’t praise a monster.” Jiyong murmured.

 

“I heard that!” Dara punched Jiyong, but Jiyong didn’t fight back.

 

“Why didn’t you fight back like the way you always do?” Minzy asked.

 

“I’m not in the mood to fight to a lousy monster.” Jiyong walked away.

 

“Wow! Look at the sunset!” Eun Hye pointed.

 

“Cute!” everyone looked and enjoyed the sunset.

 

“Um…Gummy, do you…do you want to go for a walk?” Dong wook asked Gummy as they look at the sunset.

 

“Oh, Sure! Maybe you’re tired, ha-ha! Come on let’s walk all together with Dara and the others…”

 

“No! I mean…only…only the…the two of us…” Dong wook’s face was all red.

 

“Dong wook, do you have a fever? You look…” before Gummy could finish Dong wook grabbed his wrists.

 

“Dong wook! Stop! Where are we going!?” Gummy was shouting to Dong wook but Dong wook wont stop.

 

“Dong wook!”

 

“Gummy…” Dong wook stopped behind a big rock.

 

“Dong wook…what’s wron…” before Gummy could ask Dong wook. Dong wook grabbed Gummy and kissed her.

 

“Dong wook!” Gummy slapped Dong wook at the face.

 

 “What are you doing!?” Gummy’s face was somewhat angry and shocked.

 

“Gummy…since we were kids…younger than Dara and the others…I…I already…I already loved you! But you only treat me as a brother! As a best friend!” Dong wook shouted.

 

“Dong wook…” Gummy whispered, the sunset was so beautiful, the horizon was mixed color of orange, yellow and red, the sea was peaceful, the sky reflected at the sea.

 

“Gummy! I like you! No! I love you!” Dong wook grabbed Gummy and hugged her.

 

“Dong wook…” tears ran down Gummy’s face.

 

“Dong wook, you know that…” Gummy looked down, Dong wook suddenly ran away. “Dong wook…you know that…I loved you too…” Gummy whispered.

 

“Dong wook Oppa! Gummy unnie!” Dara and the others searched for Dong wook and Gummy.

 

“It’s getting dark, where are they?” Eun Hye looked around.

 

“Gummy-unnie!” Bom pointed to Gummy walking blankly.

 

“Gummy-unnie! Where’s Dong wook-Oppa!? Where have you been? Minzy and Jaejoong went to the restaurant in P.S. town for their reward.” Dara and the others ran towards Gummy.

 

“Dara, now…now I know what you felt…the butterflies in the stomach, trembling all over, the warm gushy feeling, the drawing of soul within me, and a heart that beats fast…” Gummy smiled, a sad smile with somewhat happiness and love, she patted Dara at the head.

 

“Unnie…” Gummy hugged Dara.

 

“Dara…I now know what is the feeling of…of…in-love…” tears ran down Gummy’s cheeks as she hug Dara.

 

“In-love?” Eun Hye and Hye Sun asked.

 

“Bom?” Daesung patted Bom who was staring blankly.

 

“In-love…” Bom whispered.

 

“Hey!” Jiyong called Dong wook from the big rock,.

 

“Jiyong…” Dong wook looked at Jiyong’s eyes.

 

“You like that girl? You’re in-love…” Jiyong talked like an adult.

 

“What do you know about being in-love…” Dong wook’s fists were trembling.

 

“I know…” Jiyong looked at the moon.

 

“You’re just a kid, you don’t know anything!” Dong wook shouted.

 

“Of course I know! I…I once felt that…and it’s still here…she’s the sun in my heart when she smiles…I want to protect her…always…” Jiyong punched the big rock.

 

“Jiyong…it’s…its Dara, right?” Dong wook smiled. The moon was so bright; the sea sob’s when it hits the rocky shore. Jiyong walked away and Dong wook was left there thinking about Gummy.

 

“Here’s you’re reward! A free dinner to the very expensive restaurant in P.S. town. Enjoy!” the guy with sun glasses left Minzy and Jaejoong in the restaurant. They were all alone. “The restaurant is all yours” the waiter smiled as he hand over the menu to Minzy and Jaejoong.

 

“Hmmm…I will have this Chef’s choice and P.S. tea please.” Jaejoong handed over the Menu to the waiter.

 

“How about you ma’am?” the waiter asked Minzy.

 

“All the food in the menu…” Minzy closed the Menu book.

 

“Err… yes ma’am…as you wish.” The waiter hurried back to the kitchen.

 

“Minzy-ah, you really have a big appetite.” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“You’ve changed…a lot.” Minzy stared at Jaejoong.

 

Their conversation started seriously:

 

Jaejoong: What do you mean I changed…a lot?

Minzy: When you entered this school you’re face was very serious, you’re so silent and you never smiled. What happened to you? Lil bear?

 

Jaejoong: At last, you remembered me… I changed because of Dara…Whenever she smiles it makes me happy. (Jaejoong grinned)

 

Minzy: When I saw you smiled at the wilderness I remembered you were Lil bear…So…Dara eh? (Minzy looked at the table)

 

Jaejoong: So I see, you’re really good, Lil fish… (Jaejoong smiled sweetly)

 

Minzy: My sources said you like Dara… (Minzy didn’t looked at Jaejoong)

 

Jaejoong: I do, since WE were little kids, but you three betrayed me…

 

Minzy: We did not betrayed you… (Minzy cried)

 

Jaejoong: Oh really, you even asked Dara to stop talking to me and go to the town where you and Jiyong will go! (Jaejoong shouted)

 

Minzy: Who told you that! We didn’t want those to happen! Our parents suddenly decided about it! (Minzy looked shocked)

 

Jaejoong: Only Bom was left there! To comfort me and play with me! (Jaejoong looked at Minzy straight in the eyes)

 

Minzy: so…Bom… (Minzy looked away from Jaejoong)

 

Jaejoong: Yes, she cared for me and she didn’t leave me behind. Dara was my first love, and I promised myself since we were little that she’ll be my wife, she’ll be my true love!

 

Minzy: Idiot! (Minzy stood up and slapped Jaejoong) You don’t have any manners! You’re with a girl! And you’re talking about all those stuff in…in front of me!

 

*This time Minzy didn’t bring out her bazooka and rifle, but it’s in her bag.*

 

Jaejoong: Minzy…what’s wrong?! (Jaejoong looked at Minzy)

Minzy: Jaejoong…You’re such and idiot! Stupid! I didn’t want to leave you that day…but my parents forced me to. They said forget about Jaejoong, forget about him…but I couldn’t! (Minzy’s eyes swelled with tears)

 

Jaejoong: What do you mean?!

 

Minzy: Jaejoong…You’re such and idiot! Can’t…can’t you see!? I…I like you! You were my first love since we were kids! But all you can say and blabber about is Dara! Dara! Lil Flower Dara! Ssanttoki Dara! You’re the one who gave Dara her nickname “Lil Flower and Ssanttoki” in our group! (Minzy ran away, Jaejoong tried to follow Minzy but she disappeared in the darkness of the street in P.S. town)

 

Jaejoong: Minzy!!! (Jaejoong looked around and stopped) Minzy, she…she likes me? I’m…I’m her first love? But I didn’t know… (He whispered)

 

Waiter: Huh? Where are they?

 

 

 

------------------------

Comments?