Chapter 8

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to upvote and comment

Rosé hated flying. Yes, she had to fly constantly for business trips, but the act of getting in a plane, taking off and later landing, made her stomach turn each time, worst if there was turbulence. But this time, she had to admit she enjoyed the two hour flight.

'' So you just call the airline and get first-class tickets overnight ? '' Rosé joked. She came from a rich family but Suzy seemed to have more influence and wealth.

'' We provide them with wine at reduced prices and they give us priority and upgrades in all flights.''

'' Wine from the vineyard we're going to visit today ? Who's taking care of it ? '' Rosé asked.

'' My grandparents and father. ''

As soon as they landed they went straight to Suzy's house. It was a big mansion at the top of a small hill that looked down at their vineyard.

'' Tell me again why this isn't your main focus ? '' Rosé said, receiving a bit of sunlight in her face '' There is so much peace in this place.''

'' Would you give up your life as a CEO and come and take care of a wine business ? ''

'' I could work from home ? ''

Suzy laughed.

'' Remember that we agreed that i would tell you about my breakup if you tell me more about yourself  ? '' Rosé reminded the doctor, knowing that if she wanted to get something from Suzy, she would have to go first. '' I hid something from you.''

Suzy nodded, urging her to continue.

'' I was not completely honest with you.'' The CEO said, losing her sight on the fields. She kept quiet for a while, Suzy didn't want to interrupt and leaned her arms on the railing, listening to the wind go through the trees. '' When I started to prioritize my job over my girlfriend, she was hurt. She tried to be supportive but at the same time she was frustrated because i wasn't giving her the attention she deserved. A few months after i got the CEO position, i was on a business trip and i came back earlier than planned. I wanted to surprise her at her apartment and that was when i caught her cheating on me. My heart broke but i pretended i didn't know because i didn't want to lose her. But a few weeks later she packed her bags and walked out of my life.''

'' Now i understand why your friends have been pushing you to move on for a while now,'' Suzy presumed, Rosé confirmed it with a slight nod. '' And now i understand why you deserve to be happy, to live your life. But you still have unfinished business with her. I'm sure she would like to also close that chapter of your lives.''

'' But I-I don't want to close it.'' Rosé admitted '' I've finally started to get over her. I don't want her to come and ruin everything.''

'' I meant for you to clean the air, to be able to look back and not feel broken by how things turned out.'' Suzy explained '' You haven't heard her side of the story.''

Rosé nodded, finally turning to Suzy. The doctor smiled.

'' I'm at this point of my life where nothing makes to me, '' She found herself saying '' You're unfortunate enough to have met me when i'm such a mess. Now that you know the entire story, this was also the reason i overreacted when that Sejong guy came to the bar.''

'' Nothing ever made sense for me, Chaeyoung, '' Suzy whispered. '' But somehow- I know i just met you, but somehow, you do.'' She paused '' I'm sorry i made you sad,'' Suzy said, caressing Rosé's face she cleaned her tears.

'' You didn't '' Rosé assured her '' I feel bett

Please log in to read the full chapter