Chapter 10

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to upvote and leave a comment :)

The Seoul night air was thick with festivities and anticipatory celebrations for the new year. It was evident from the countless smiles surrounding Rosé at the hospital as she made her way to the cafeteria. She approached Suzy who was sitting near the window. She was looking at her phone and didn't notice the presence of the CEO.

Rosé smiled as she leaned forward and whispered in her ear '' Hello there.''

Suzy almost had a heart attack as she turned around and faced the CEO '' I had my share of shocks and surprises today.'' She was happy to see Rosé. She unconsciously looked at her watch for time. She had been waiting for over twenty five minutes. Although mere minutes, it had felt more like hours to the doctor.

Rosé noticed the gesture and apologized '' I'm sorry. I had a mountain of paperwork to get through.'' She sat down opposite Suzy and smiled '' So you're on call tonight ? ''

'' I'll finish my shift around 11 pm.  Do you have any plans for the New Year ? ''

'' Not really. I'm going to spend it on the couch with a tub of ice cream. You ? ''

'' Couldn't have wished for a better plan.'' Suzy leaned forward her elbows on the table '' Are you looking for a date for New Year's eve ? ''

'' Let me think about it. You must offer something for me to agree.'' Rosé said in a teasing tone.

Suzy shifted in her seat, leaning more forward to try and get closer to Rosé despite the table between them '' I'll bring red wine, cheeses, and one of those artistic movies you like. '' Suzy said '' Is this good enough ? ''

Rosé  nodded. '' Is that a yes ? '' Suzy smiled. Rosé saw her movements as if they were in slow motion. Suzy leaned even more, just enough to whisper in her ear and the shiver went through her left the skin on the side of her neck tingling '' I'm looking forward to seeing you after my shift.''

Suzy smelled like chocolate and expensive wine and Rosé attempted by the love of everything sacred to resist the warmness of her breath against her neck.

'' Come with me.'' Suzy stood up and Rosé followed her out of the cafeteria.

When they reached Rosé's office. The CEO stared into Suzy's eyes. Searching for even the tiniest clue. For that flick of anticipation. Want. Her fingers reached for Suzy's neck, her nape in soft, delicate patterns. Suzy did not resist her advances instead her eyes were alight with the fiery force of need. The doctor got dangerously close to Rosé's lips.

'' Chaeyoung, is kissing also allowed ? ''

Suzy played with her lips hovering Rosé's with such a soft brush that they both shivered wanting more. It felt like time stood still. Noises stilled. Sensed heightened. Rosé nodded slowly. 

And then it happened. Suzy gave her a tiny peck on the lips before pulling away. Not that she didn't want to keep going. But she didn't want to overwhelm Rosé.

The feel of Suzy's lips on hers was incredible. Rosé savoured the moment. A knock on the door sounded, before a split second later the door to Rosé's office flew open.

Rosé could feel Suzy's body go suddenly rigid. She turned around. Her eyes landing on the scene unfolding behind her. 

Suzy watched in sheer shock and disbelief as a perfectly oval barrel of what was unmistakably a gun was squarely pointing at them. A precise, straight angle, following an invisible trajectory line that came to rest on Rosé's back. Suzy's gaze lifted up from the gun, coming to a halting stop when it reached the gunman's face. Her heart skipped a beat as her brain registered the person stood before them.

It was Sejong. 

Her eyes zeroed in on the twitching index finger, resting dangerously close  to the trigger. With an almost, unreal clarity she saw his features contort into an expression of pained regret. His lips mouthed '' If i can't have you... no one can, Suzy.''

'' Sejong, what are you doing ? Do you want to go to jail ? '' Suzy said, willing herself to stay calm. She stepped forward, placing herself between the man and Rosé. If she panicked, he might lash out, and she needed to keep him far from Rosé.

''How dare you betray me ? This woman stole you from me and she will pay for this.''

'' Chaeyoung, why your door is  ... '' Go Eun's words died as she looked up at the scene in front of her while her eyes widened in shock.  It took a moment for her to understand what she was looking at. A man was aiming his gun at Rosé and a doctor was standing between the two of them, shielding her ex girlfriend. She immediately shouted '' Help! Help! There is a man with a gun! ''

A mere heartbeat later, the sickening sound of a shot rang out. The deafening crack assaulting their ears. The whole scene from beginning to end lasted no more than a few seconds.

A blast of white-hot pain shot through her body. Her right shoulder violently jerked backwards from the the force of the bullet. Her balance gone. Go Eun flailed, she dropped to her knees, falling heavily onto the injured side.

'' Go Eun! '' Rosé called her name.

They could hear a tussle, the security guards came as they held Sejong with both arms as he sagged between them, in shock with what he did.

Blood pooled out underneath Go Eun. Suzy quickly pressed her hands to the open wound, de

Please log in to read the full chapter