Chapter 12

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N : I have noticed that there is a lot of silent readers. whenever i write most of my motivation to continue comes from feedback. I put a lot of energy and time, writing this story. and to be honest, i feel discouraged when i publish a new chapter and see the lack of comments. Your comments make me so excited to update, it keeps the story fresh in my mind. I'm not asking for long paragraphs, but did anything in my story catch your interest ? did you dislike anything ? What did you think after reading the chapter ? Your reviews help me to grow as a writer and give me motivation to keep writing. I don't want to abondon my stories because I feel discouraged 

With that being said, i'm so grateful for the readers who always take their time to comment :) 

'' Female, 59 years old. Drug overdose. CPR given at the scene and coded twice on route. Vitals stabilising but it's touch and go. She needs Naloxone and blood stat.''

Lisa shouted the information as she wheeled the patient into the trauma room. Suzy tried to follow her but was stopped by Nana. '' You know the rules, Suzy. You can't work on your family, you know that. And this won't be surgical. Go and sit in the relatives lounge, I will update you. I promise.'' She squeezed Suzy's shoulder. Suzy tried to argue but she knew her best friend was correct. She sighed and went to the waiting room. She sat in a chair and put her head in her hands, too tired and overwrought even to cry.

------------

Rosé's gut told her to be with Suzy right now. Her heart was too. But she couldn't help the dark thoughts swirling around her mind. She kind of guessed Suzy had a painful past and her relationship with her mother was rocky especially after the way she got emotional when the CEO told her the story behind the gift she bought for her mother's birthday. She was starting to question her own decisions. Would confronting Suzy be selfish ? Was she just trying to make herself more comfortable by not asking the questions she wanted to ask ?

A knock on the door pulled Rosé from her thoughts. When the door opened, she was surprised to see Ji Eun standing on the other side.

'' Hi. Is everything okay ? Did Suzy send you ? ''

Ji Eun closed the door behind her and walked towards Rosé.

'' There's something about you... ''

'' Listen, Ji Eun ... ''

'' I am not judging you.'' Ji Eun said, her voice unexpectantly gentle '' For as long as i have known Suzy, she has never been in a serious relationship. The second things get serious, she leaves. Out of the door without looking back. And then she met you and i have never seen her hold on so tightly. She doesn't talk much about your relationship with her which is one of the reasons i was harsh with you that day. I didn't know your intentions. But when she tried to shield you from the stalker. I knew how much she cared about you.''

Rosé felt her chest tighten '' You are her best friend, you have every right to be concerned about her but i assure you, i care about Suzy and i want to try to be the person she deserves.''

'' Her mother is stable. She's on her way to recovery now.'' Ji Eun paused '' She is keeping you far away from her mother, yes ? ''

'' I'm trying to respect her boundaries. It's hard ... ''

'' It's time to stop respecting her boundaries.'' Ji Eun raised her hand, silencing Rosé before she could protest '' Her whole life she takes care of everyone. Her family. Her patients. Her friends. You. She worries and she fusses and she shoulders the responsibility all by herself.''

'' I wish she'd let me in.''

'' I can tell she is learning to let you in. Even though it goes against everything she's ever known.''

'' I don't know what to do.'' Rosé confessed. '' I don't want to overstep. I'm afraid she will shut me out.''

'' Her mother would go to rehab then she would go back to drinking and she would go to Suzy and destroy her life. And then she would go back to rehab and make promises that she did not keep. She expects people to go back on their word. She waits for chaos even in moments of calm.''

she expects people to go back on their word

Rosé felt guilty.

'' But she let her guard with you.'' Ji Eun explained '' If you try to overstep, Suzy will fight you, but i can tell you are just as stubborn as she is. Don't let her push you away.''

'' I won't.''

'' And if you tell her that i came her to talk with you, i'll murder you.''

Rosé chuckled '' Thank you!''

'' You have made my best friend happier that she has ever been for years.''

'' I appreciate you support, Ji Eun.''

Ji Eun pointed one finger at Rosé '' Now, go and be there for her.''

Despite her earlier confidence, Rosé knew e task was not easy.

'' You have to remember that i had very little time and not much choice.'' Rosé said guiding a blindfolded Suzy down the hallway.

They'd received countless looks from people around but Rosé didn't care less what people thought.

'' Chaeyoung

Please log in to read the full chapter