Chapter 5

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment :)

'' Good morning doc, looking good as always.''

'' Morning, to you too .'' Suzy replied in a tone that was as neutral as possible, whilst slowly edging the car out of the apartment park, the barrier going back down behind her car.

Yang Sejong was an ex police officer in his early thirties whom Suzy knew for a several years. A back injury rendered him unable to continue working for the police department and instead had turned his attention to security jobs.

The man had a crush on Suzy since she could remember and tried to ask her out so many times but each time she had firmly declined his advances, gently letting him know that she wasn't interested.

That hadn't stopped him. Instead it made him persistent to the point where his behavior could be consider stalkerish. He would leave bouquets of flowers in front of her door or write her love notes.

'' I missed you yesterday.''

'' I had a long day.'' She said coldly.

'' I made you a sandwich. We can eat lunch together, today.''

'' Sejong i have lives to save.''

'' What did  you say ? '' He smiled ignoring what she said.

This man just didn't get it. Suzy started her engine and began winding her window back up.

'' Suzy, dear. You haven't answered my question. Shall we have lunch together ?''

'' No.'' She said as she drove away. She needed to do something about this.

Rosé followed her usual route to the elevator, but stopped promptly before getting inside. Out of the far corner of her eye, she saw a familiar face. the CEO took about ten seconds to remove her eyes from Suzy's figure, clad in  blue scrubs. She made everything look appealing.

'' I'll be in surgery all afternoon. In the meantime, i want you all to devise a case report on the patient that we saw this morning.'' She heard the doctor saying to her residents '' I want a full literature review as well as a proposed treatment regimen. Understood ? ''

Everyone nodded their heads.

'' Great. You can go now.''

Rosé remembered making plans with Suzy to go out for drinks tonight. The doctor already began walking away, pre-occupied with her phone. Rosé considered going after her, but then thought against it. She'll text her later.

'' Good morning, Chaeyoung.'' Suzy was stood beside her. Rosé looked up, thinking how on earth had she not noticed Suzy walking back and standing beside her '' You still up for drinks later ? ''

'' Good morning. Yeah.''

'' I'll probably finish around six. I'll meet you in the library ?''

''Okay, great.''

Suzy shook her head smiling and walked off.

Rosé swallowed hard. She couldn't call Suzy her friend, but now it wasn't because she was a stranger or someone she didn't trust. Rosé had shared with Suzy things so unbelievably personal, about her relationship, about her parents, about her insecurities and fears, about everything that made her who she was, things so exclusively hers, that she had never even dared to share with Jennie, Lisa or Jisoo, that the word friend didn't feel right. Suzy was more than that and yet, Rosé still felt her so foreign.

It was a weird sensation. Like she had bared herself in front of someone who still wore all of their clothing.

'Friends' wasn't enough.

But Rosé couldn't think of another more appropriate word.

Rosé was in the library, surrounded by files, might as well use this free time to finish her paperwork before Suzy comes. She rubbed her eyes, and stretched out her arms, glancing at the clock for the millionth time.

'' Anywhere special to go ? '' Lisa asked as she took a seat '' What are you even doing here ? Don't you have your own office Miss CEO ? ''

'' Huh ? '' Rosé was working on her laptop '' I'm waiting for Suzy.''

'' Oh '' Lisa smirked '' Things seem to be going well between the two of you. I'm really starting to think you are finally moving on from your past relationship.''

'' You truly think that ? '' Rosé looked at her.

Lisa nodded '' I haven't seen you this relaxed and happy for a long time. ''

Rosé smiled a little. She looked at her phone. It was already nearing eight. Rosé wondered if Suzy had been held up in the surgery. Or even worse, she had simply forgotten and driven home. The doctor wouldn't leave before letting her know.

______

'' Charge to 360!''

The sound of the defibrillator cut through the panicked commotion.

'' We're losing him.'' A resident shouted.

'' Adrenaline 0.5 going in!''

'' Everyone clear! and shocking!''

Suzy's eyes darted towards the cardiac monitor, her heart in , she could feel the sweat dripping down her forehead. The heart rhythm was still flat. Stubbornly remaining so.

The surgery had been progressing without a hitch when suddenly a bleed had developed out of nowhere, they had been trying to resuscitate the patient for the past half hour.

'' Charging again. Everyone clear! and shocking.'' Suzy said '' Check his vitals again.''

'' Another 0.5 going in.'' The anesthetist shouted.

'' Everyone stop.'' Suzy stuck a gloved hand out, halting everyone on their tracks. Eyes once again focused on the steady flat line. The unremitting flat tone beeping and then after an infinity the constant tone switched to a regular repeated beep.

'' We've got a trace!''

Suzy slowly exhaled, she realized she had been holding her breath. She gestured a thumbs up sign at the team, smiling behind her surgical mask.

The entire operating room erupted into a loud cheer, people were clapping, grinning but most of all were breathing out massive sighs of relief.

'' Ji Eun, please close up for me. I'm late for something.'' Suzy pointed to her colleague whilst peeling the surgical gown off her.

'' No problem. You go.''

She glanced at her watch, 8:12 PM.

She was late. Really, really late.

After changing out of her scrubs, she hurried down the corridor, hoping Rosé was still waiting. Suzy would understand if the CEO had decided to leave.

Please log in to read the full chapter