Chapter 6

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to comment :) 

For a Thursday's night, the bar was unusually busy. Almost all the tables were occupied, except for one close to the bar. Jennie insisted on paying the first round of drinks, everyone agreed. One round turned into two. And two turned into five. 

Hyeri and Jisoo had started playing pool. Lisa watching them closely. Rosé and Jennie had stayed behind the table. The CEO was was engaged in their conversation, that she didn't hear the little 'ding' when the main door opened. She didn't hear the familiar click of heels, the contagious laughter or the well known tone of voice.

Maybe if she'd been a little sober, Rosé would have immediately noticed Suzy and her group of friends making way to one of the tables that had been left vacant. 

'' Oh my god.'' Lisa was the first one to notice Suzy.

'' What's wrong ? ''  Jennie asked.

'' Uhm .. isn't that your hot doctor over there ? ''

'' What ? '' Rosé was about to turn around, following Lisa's line of sight.

Her black hair flowing down her back and over her shoulders, her eyes shinning underneath the warm lightening of the lamps, the curve of her nose and her well defined jawline being the eye catcher of everyone who looked at her. She wore a simple white shirt and jeans.

Rosé hunched over the table, remembering what happened yesterday. She had been so self-absorbed and selfish.

'' You are not going to greet your girlfriend ? '' Lisa whispered '' I smell trouble in paradise.''

Rosé sighed. She wanted to look back again so badly, but she knew the moment she did, Suzy would notice her. Reluctantly she told her friends the happenings of last night. 

'' Wow!''

'' How do you manage to ruin a good relationship ? '' Jennie said '' Has it ever occurred to you that this Sejong person, or whatever, is some delusional psycho and not some lover Suzy has a secret rendezvous with ? ''

'' I waited for almost three hours for .. - ''

'' Come on Chaeyoung, use your logic. She was in surgery then ran to have dinner with this Sejong then came back to pick you up from the library ? All in the space of what, two hours ? Surely you can't be this stupid.'' Jennie rolled her eyes.

'' I heard that Suzy almost lost her patient yesterday which is why the surgery took longer than it was supposed to.'' Lisa said '' I can't believe you thought she was making you wait because she was cheating on you with this Sejong.''

'' I like her. Okay ? I like her so much and i'm afraid of having my heart broken again.'' Rosé quietly said. '' Now what should i do to fix this ?''

'' Did you let Suzy at least explain herself ? '' Jennie asked

Rosé looked down '' No, I let anger consume me.''

'' So did you just walk off without hearing her side of the story out ?''

Rosé just stared '' Do you think she saw me ? '' 

Lisa's gaze went back to Suzy's booth. She was too busy looking at one of her friends. She hadn't even touched her drink.

'' I don't think so.''

'' Guys! You won't believe this! ''Hyeri hurried back to the table '' i think i'm in love.''

Jennie slightly choked on her beer.

'' Oh yeah ? '' Lisa's smile got wider '' Who's the lucky person ? ''

'' Try not to be obvious girls. But over there, in that booth. The one in the middle. The woman with the white T-shirt.''

Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa froze. Their eyes wide as plates. 

Rosé felt as if the air had been knocked out of her lungs. 

Suzy

_____________________

'' Do you know the woman over there or why does she keep staring back at us.'' Ji Eun asked.

She snapped out of it. What woman ? Suzy followed Ji Eun's subtle head movement to the table at the other side of the bar. Due to poor lighting, she couldn't make their faces out, except for the woman was looking at her intensely.

'' I have no idea who she is.'' Suzy laughed '' I don't think i have ever seen her before. I-''

The doctor saw the woman walking towards her table. She stopped what she saw saying to look up at her, a quirked eyebrow as she examined her. 

Rosé was watching from afar. She didn't enjoy the feeling of Suzy's gaze on Hyeri in the slightest.

'' Hi ladies.'' Hyeri said '' I'm Hyeri.''

'' Suzy.'' She smiled '' These are my friends.''

'' It's very nice to meet you Suzy. That's such a pretty name.'' Rosé felt something bubbling on the inside of her seeing Suzy's smile.

'' I was wondering if i could buy you a drink ? ''

Suzy leaned forward, both elbows on the table as her eyes stayed on Hyeri. The ugly, foreign feeling at the bottom of Rosé's gut returned, three times stronger.

'' You're very nice and i'm flattered, but.'' Hyeri's shoulder deflated '' I can buy my own drinks.''

Hyeri smiled at Suzy one last time before turning around and making her way back to the table.

_______________

It was almost midnight when Rosé walked over to the bar. Her wallet in hand.

'' Give me just one second.'' The bartender said.

'' Hi.'' Suzy stood behind her.

Rosé's eyes widened as she cleared '' H-Hi.''

'' Are you leaving ? ''

'' I think so. One of my friends is in the bathroom.. '' She paused '' You ? Where are you friends ? ''

'' On their way home in an Uber.''

'' Ah...''

Silence fell upon them. Was it awkward or was it all in Rosé's head ? Was this the right time to talk to her ? 

'' Your check Ms. '' The bartender returned with a long receipt. Rosé gave him her card.

'' Hey, Suzy! '' The silence was br

Please log in to read the full chapter