Chapter 15

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

'' Dr Lee, according to Suzy's file, you're her emergency contact.''

Ji Eun nodded '' Yes i am. How is she ? ''

'' Suzy was bleeding heavily from her leg. The fracture in her femur caused an injury to the femoral artery. We were able to contain the bleeding. She received two blood bags and is now stable. Her injury will require a lot of rest and physical therapy but will likely heal with time.'' The relived sigh was accompanied by tears from Rosé and Ji Eun. Rosé propped both elbows on her knees and let her head towards her hands as she sobbed. Dr Kim continued to speak '' She has two broken ribs but a surgery wasn't necessary since the fracture wasn't displaced. '' She paused '' She also suffered a grade two concussion. We did a CT scan and it showed that the hematoma was small and didn't need a surgical intervention. She's still sedated and intubated and will spend the night in the ICU so that we can monitor her head injury.''

'' When can i see her ? '' Rosé spoke.

'' Whenever you're ready.'' The doctor said '' Only one person can stay the night. But first, Dr Lee, i need you to sign some papers. ''

Ji Eun, Dr Kim and Rosé walked to the nurses' station. The doctor asked Ji Eun to sign consent forms to future blood transfusions and medical care. Seeing Ji Eun signing those documents caused a new pang in her chest, an absurd sadness that revolved around the idea that she was absolutely nothing to Suzy legally.

'' Is that all ? '' Ji Eun asked '' Can we see her now ? ''

Dr Kim led them to the room and slid the glass door to the side so they could go in. Nana was already there sitting in the chair. Rosé managed to take two steps into the room  before her heart shattered in her chest.

Suzy was paler than usual, her body covered in blankets. The tube still came out of . The cuts on her face have been cleaned. The closed eyelids couldn't give her the feeling that Suzy was sleeping. The red that was distributed over her skin from the small cuts was a constant reminder of everything that had happened and as much as  she seemed to be at peace, she couldn't believe that peace was what she was actually feeling.

Tears streamed down Rosé's cheeks and crying already felt like a second nature to her. She leaned over and kissed Suzy's forehead, a tear running down her chin and falling onto her brow.

'' I really, really, really need you to wake up.'' She held on tightly to her hand.

From her pocket, Nana pulled out two protein bars '' You haven't eaten anything all day and i know you're going to tell me you have no appetite but you are going to eat these. I don't want to face Suzy's wrath when she wakes up and knows that i let her girlfriend and best friend starve to death.''

'' Thank you.'' Rosé replied, taking the bar from Nana.

'' Everyone has crowded outside the ICU waiting for news on Suzy's condition. This woman has so many people that cares about her yet she still thinks she's alone.'' Ji Eun smiled sadly.

'' Has Suzy always been the selfless person she is today ? '' Rosé asked. She has never gotten the opportunity to sit down with Suzy's best friends.

Ji Eun nodded '' Selflessness is like a second nature to her. I tried convincing her that people might take advantage of her kindness but she's too stubborn to listen.''

Rosé's held onto Suzy's hand, her fingers up and down Suzy's arm because as long as she was touching her, everything would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time had no meaning.

Rosé didn't know if it was night or day. She didn't know how long she's been by Suzy's bedside or how many hours it had been since the accident. Nurses came and went, pushing buttons and checking Suzy's chart. She was expected to wake up later in the day after removing the breathing tube but she was still unconscious.

'' I barely managed to convince your friends to give me some alone time with you. They are so protective of you.'' Rosé said, a small smile on her face '' I really miss you.''

She was tired. Tired and scared. She kept telling herself that Suzy is going to wake up soon, that there is nothing wrong with her brain.

'' I'm not going anywhere. I'm here, Suzy.'' 

There was a slight flutter against her palm, an unmistakable movement, and Rosé swallowed hard. She stayed very still, watching Suzy's face, her heart stuttering painfully as she felt Suzy squeeze her hand. She seemed to be fighting into wakefulness, fighting her way back. Rosé

Please log in to read the full chapter