Chapter 3

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to comment and upvote :) 

A woman hit by a car was taken to the ER . She was pregnant. Homeless, after her parents had kicked her out. And alone, since her boyfriend had dumped her after the pregnancy test had been positive. Suzy had been called by one of the residents.

“Please. Is my baby going to be okay? I want my baby to be okay.” She had cried as Suzy examined her. “I have no one anymore. I only have my baby.” 

The woman had a fractured wrist. Suzy had suggested she stay overnight and called an OBGYN doctor to monitor both her and her baby’s heart rate. The woman  had said no. She couldn’t afford staying the night. 

A knock on her door made her tear her eyes away from the file, but before she could even tell whoever was on the other side of her office to come in, the door busted open. 

“Hey,” Nana wasn’t wearing her white coat anymore and Suzy had to double check the hour on her laptop. 10:34 pm

Her shift was over… Hours ago.

“I thought the patient couldn’t stay. I went over the patients on my floor and she’s in a room. Were you able to contact her parents?”

''She can’t stay, no.''

''Okay… You did hear me say she’s in a room. Right?''

'' Yes.''

Suzy closed her laptop shut, then she stood up from her desk and took off her own white coat, hanging it on the rack next to her window and grabbing the gray overcoat she had brought that day. 

Nana followed her movements closely, waiting. 

Suzy walked over to the couch, her white blouse and her matching gray trousers were folded neatly on the arm nearest to the wall. She took off her scrub top and threw it carelessly to the ground.

'' Suzy .. '' Nana said.

" I paid for her stay.'' 

'' You didn't have to! We could have called her parents.''

'' Her parents who kicked her out of the house ? Sure, why don't you give it a try ?''

Nana remained quiet ''You need to stop doing this! This is not the first time you pay for a patient's stay or tests. People will use you.''

Suzy shrugged '' You're not going to make me change my mind.''

Nana blinked, then sighed, knowing it was pointless to try and convince her otherwise. She had known Suzy since they were in university and she had always been stubborn.

'' Just go home already.''

Suzy smiled as she put on her overcoat. They walked side by side towards the main door '' So i heard rumors about a new doctor who is dating our CEO. I couldn't believe it. The longest relationship you had ever had was five weeks and now you're apparently dating Park Rosé.''

The doctor shrugged '' We've just started dating.''

Nana didn't look convinced '' Why are you being so secretive ? I'm your best friend.''

'' We're getting to know each other. There is nothing to tell.''

Nana didn't push, no matter how hard she wanted to.

'' Don't break her heart. I don't want to be fired from this hospital because i'm the best friend of the person who broke the CEO's heart.''

Suzy laughed '' Noted.''

The elevators door opened, Rosé took two steps out, the door closed behind her. She stood in front of the shiny door and knocked. Not having to knock a second time she heard footsteps getting louder by the second. The footsteps stopped, the door handle moved and in the next second she was there. Rosé tried to read her face but she couldn't quite say what that expression meant, she could be mad, upset or just didn't care.

'' Hi'' She simply said. '' I'm really sorry about the time, but i was stuck at a meeting.'' She paused '' I'll understand if you want to cancel the dinner.''

'' Cancel the dinner and let you starve ? No way.  Just come in, silly.'' Rosé looked up and Suzy now had a small smile on her lips, she pushed some loose hair strands behind her head and let Rosé in.

'' The food is in the oven and will be ready in thirty minutes. Can i offer you anything to drink ? '' Suzy walked towards the kitchen.

'' Do you have wine ? ''

Suzy nodded '' My family literally owns a vineyard.'' The doctor grabbed a wine bottle and walke

Please log in to read the full chapter