Chapter 2

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rosé and her friend Lisa who was a neurology doctor walked shoulder to shoulder, giving quick nods and subtle smiles to the nurses and doctors they saw as they went through the hospital's hallways.

'' Hmm, Jisoo wanted me to remind you about Jennie's birthday party on Saturday.''

'' I remember. I'm going to look for a present for her.''

'' Oh, want me to come with you? I have no idea what to get her.''

Rosé scrunched up her nose. Lisa's eyebrows raised.

'' Who are you going with ? ''

'' A friend.''

'' I know all your friends, Chaeyoung.''

'' Not this one.'' Rosé shrugged.

''   Is your friend the same doctor you spent hours talking on the phone with ? '' Lisa insisted '' Are you really going out with someone ? I thought you were joking '' It had been two weeks since Rosé started acting differently.

The CEO nodded '' I want to see where this goes first. '' She paused '' We've just started dating.''

The sound of a message being delivered, and then another and then another echoed in the hallway.

'' Your mysterious girlfriend must be amazing if you have been spending more time staring at your phone than talking to us.'' Lisa .

''Lisa, don't you have patients to take care of ? Let me finish my round in peace.'' Rosé started walking away, taking her phone out and checking her messages.

'' You look great in that black suit.''

'' Turn around.''

'' I'm behind you.''

Rosé did just that. As soon as Suzy's caught her eyes, she smiled at her. Sweetly, her eyes shinning even behind the slight tiredness that Rosé could catch and it was then, in the moment that Suzy pronounced her soft 'Hi' and it got to the pit of her stomach to expand throughout her body.

'' Suzy, what are you doing her ? ''

'' I work here, remember ? '' Suzy smiled at her again. '' I had to pick up a couple of exams and thought of saying hello when i saw you.''

'' What exams, are you okay ? '' Rosé instinctively looked at her up and down, making sure she was okay.

'' For my patient not for me.'' Suzy's smile was wider this time, her teeth full on display, her eyes even more alluring.

'' Good.'' The CEO sighed, relieved '' I always seem to forget you're actually a doctor.''

'' Look at you.'' Suzy teased '' I'm glad i saw you.'' She extended her hand, palm upwards. A clear invitation for Rosé to take it '' I needed a break.''

Rosé felt her heart doing some somersaults. They both agreed to pretend they are in a relationship and tried to make it as believable as possible. She was truly grateful for Suzy.

Her hand came into contact with Suzy's skin. Her touch was warm '' I'm glad i'm here.''

They looked at each other for another minute or so. Drinking each other in. Suzy's thumb caressed the side of Rosé's hand before letting go.

'' Hey, Chaeyoung! '' Lisa interrupted them '' Is Dr Bae Suzy, your new girlfriend ? ''

'' Lisa, what are you doing here ? i thought you left.''

'' Introduce me!''

'' No!''

'' Chaeyoung!!''

Rosé sighed '' Suzy, this is my best friend Lisa."

'' Hey! It's finally nice to meet to you.'' Lisa said.

'' You too.'' Suzy greeted back.

'' Rosé speaks about you all the time.''

'' It's not true!!'' Rosé denied, looking at Suzy '' Okay, maybe a couple of times but i never told them your name. I wanted to keep you for myself for a while but unfortunately my friend is a little bit noisy.''

Lisa's pager beeped and she let out a big sigh '' Too bad.  I have to cut this short but see you around, Dr Bae. I hope you take a good care of our Chaeyoung.  My eyes are on you.''

'' Lisa, just leave already.'' Rosé sighed, as soon as her friend disappeared, she looked at Suzy '' I'm sorry. My friends are a bit too much.''

Suzy laughed '' You don't have to apologize. Do you want to come to my office ? ''

They reached a door with the Dr Bae Suzy engraved plaque next to it. Suzy opened the door as she let Rosé inside.

'' Sit down, please.'' Suzy motioned to the chair in front of her desk '' I'm glad you're here.''

'' Did you pretend to date someone before because you seem way too good at it. '' Rosé asked as she sat down and put a paper bag on the desk '' I brought strawberry cheesecake want to share it with me ? ''

Suzy winked '' I'm trying to make it believable. I think we're doing a good job so far.''

'' Lisa is protective of me.'' Rosé said, cutting a piece of the cheesecake and dangling it on the fork, not quite ready to take a bite yet. '' We've known each other for so long and ... '' She paused '' It doesn't matter.''

But Suzy could read between the lines, and it did matter.

'' Being a chief of Trauma surgery is not fun. I have so many documents and legalities to sign. '' She changed the topic.

Ros

Please log in to read the full chapter