Chapter 4

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Don't forget to upvote and comment. Your comments mean the world to me

Rosé wanted nothing than to crash on her couch after coming back from a conference in Japan. She tried to focus on the conversation Lisa and Jennie were holding but she couldn't stop thinking about a certain doctor. She texted Suzy to tell her that she was back in Seoul.

'' Lisa, how's Suzy like at work ? '' She looked expectantly at her friend. She needed answers.

Lisa smiled softly as she winked '' Oh, i see what you're doing. You must really like Suzy if you are asking this question." She paused '' In a short period of time, your girlfriend has become the most loved doctor in the hospital. The residents are crushing on her. She's extremely attractive and kind. I don't blame them. I heard that she paid for a patient's stay at the hospital because her parents kicked her out of the house and didn't have money to pay for her treatment.''

Rosé's eyes widened '' She did what! ''

'' How can someone be so perfect ? '' Jennie exclaimed '' Something doesn't feel right here. What if she's secretly a serial killer and you're her next target.''

Rosé rolled her eyes '' Don't be ridiculous.''

'' Jokes aside, i have worked alongside her a few times and i have only heard good things about her.'' Lisa said.

The CEO was about to say something when her phone vibrated in her pocket. The screen lit up with an incoming call, it was Suzy. Rosé slid her thumb across the screen to answer, and held it up to her ear '' Hello ? ''

'' Hi, Chaeyoung, you returned to Seoul ? I just called to check on you.'' Rosé's breath caught at the soft tone. She could hear the doctor typing on the keyboard. It was 10 pm, was she  at work ? 

Lisa and Jennie were eyeing Rosé curiously '' Yes, i'm back. Are you at work ? I thought you had the day off.''

On the other line, Suzy laughed softly '' Doctors can't have a day off without being called to an emergency, miss Chaeyoung.'' Rosé heard her sigh '' We were short staffed today.''

'' You should take a rest.'' Rosé replied softly.

'' I will when i'm done.'' She paused '' I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night.'' 

'' See you tomorrow.'' Rosé said then hang up. She felt her friends' eyes on her '' I'm sorry to cut this short but i have to go.''

A brown bag, full of hot food, hung from Rosé's arm as she headed into the hospital, lit up behind glass walls and gleaming in the dark night sky.

Rosé didn't know f this was over the line or not. She didn't know Suzy that well yet and wasn't sure if showing up at her workplace was something Suzy would be excited about.

Her heart pounded erratically in her chest as she made her way up to the correct floor. She stopped at the desk and asked about Suzy's whereabouts. The nurse was startled to see the CEO.

“Chaeyoung, what are you doing here?”

Rosé span around at the sound of Suzy's voice and was thankful that she sounded excited and not annoyed. She shrugged and went with the truth. “I haven’t seen you in over a week.”

“I missed you too.” Suzy teased. Except it was not a tease. She really has missed Rosé’s company.

Rosé pale cheeks easily turn red. “That’s not what I said.” She mumbled

“Okay.” Suzy  lets her off the hook. “So, what brings you here then?”  She opened the door of her office and let Rosé in.

Rosé reached to open the bag and pulled out containers of food '' Consider this as a thank you for the food you cooked for me last time.''

Suzy stared at the containers of food, her expression unreadable. Her entire face darkened, something akin to grief suddenly all over her face before she smiled '' You didn't have to do this.''

'' Enjoy the food.'' Rosé said awkwardly, floundering without an excuse to stay.

Suzy looked at Rosé, watching her closely '' Join me.'' She said, her voice sounding so soft.

She turned to the bag of food, pulling out utensils and sauce. Rosé sat down in the chair and watched her '' Why were you understaffed today ? ''

'' One of the doctors in our department caught the flu and  called in sick.''

Suzy walked around the desk to take a seat beside Rosé. Sitting down she crossed her legs elegantly and leaned back. She stared at Rosé.

'' What is it ? ''

'' Your hair.'' The doctor let her leg drop down to the floor so she could scoot to the end. Slowly, she reached for the displaced strands. Her fingers slid down the lock, smoothing, until she let it fall against the rest of her hair. Rosé held her breath as Suzy touched her gently, barely a whisper of contact.

'' There.'' Suzy said quietly, her hand dropping to her lap. Rosé stared at her, completely out of depths with this woman, until Suzy shifted and scooted backwards to the back of the chair.

'' Thank you.''

Suzy reached for the nearest container. She opened it and reached for her chopsticks.

'' You look good in those scrubs.''

Suzy giggled '' Required workwear.''

'' Can i ask you a question ? ''

'' Fire away.'' 

'' I may have heard a few stories about you paying for the stay of some patients.'' Rosé straightened her back '' While you're doing a great deed, i don't think this responsibility should fall upon you.''

Suzy's expression soured. She dropped the chopsticks on the plate and then rested her head in her right hand '' Some of these patients don't have an insurance and can't pay for their own expenses. I can't let them leave without getting the necessary treatement.''

'' I understand, but this is a private hospital, it's not funded by the state. If the patients can't pay for their own treatement then they should be transfered to a public hospital.'' Rosé said.

'' Every second matters when a patient is in a critical condition. Would you rather transfer them to a public hospital because they don't have the money instead of saving their lives ? ''

Rosé sighed. Suzy's mind was strongly set on having someone she could help. Where the necessity for such a thing stemmed from, Rosé couldn't tell, but it was obvious she wasn't going to budge. She was obstinate. The problem was Rosé was too.

'' That's not what i was trying to say.'' Rosé defended herself '' But You're an employee in this hospital and i refuse

Please log in to read the full chapter